Endurance Race difficulty

karpathoulas667

Is it just me or the endurance races are very hard? Tried the first one many times on easy difficulty, I did my best, and only finished 8th, 2 laps behind the 1st. I slightly upgraded the car too to 600pp. I also tried the other races, the same. Am i doing something wrong? And what is the best pit stop strategy?

Edited by karpathoulas667

1 hour ago, karpathoulas667 said:

Is it just me or the endurance races are very hard? Tried the first one many times on easy difficulty, I did my best, and only finished 8th, 2 laps behind the 1st. I slightly upgraded the car too to 600pp. I also tried the other races, the same. Am i doing something wrong? And what is the best pit stop strategy?

Same for me. They put good rewards for that race but increase the difficulty so much. The winner of the first endurance, took me 2 laps too and made its lap 3 seconds less than mine. I have upgraded the mazda roaster too up to 600PP ...

8 hours ago, karpathoulas667 said:

Best advice I can give is stick to your strategy and run your own race. Either go fast and pit often, or go slow and pit as little as possible.

I went for the latter option, stuck to my guns, and won by a lap.

I put my fuel map to 5 and used medium tires, pitted around 37 minutes to go, rain came for a bit but while most pitted to put on Intermediate tires I held out on my Mediums and pitted again around 23 minutes to go when the rain really started coming down and put on IM.

AI pitted an extra time to go to Heavy Wet tires, then again later to go onto IM again. Then the last 6-10 minutes the track dried up and everyone pitted for Racing Slicks again.

Im not sure how random the weather is, but it seems like a 2 or 3 stop is the way to go.

I did 3 stops and kept my fuel map at 5 for majority of the race except for the very end where I went up to 2.

Hope this helps! :)

• Like 2

It seems that the AI on this missions is insanely fast... I'm not bad at this game and have almost everything gold...including Nürburgring gold time. But i tried the last race and they are really fast. I didn't managed to get under 10th place in the first 15 minutes.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellileon said:

It seems that the AI on this missions is insanely fast... I'm not bad at this game and have almost everything gold...including Nürburgring gold time. But i tried the last race and they are really fast. I didn't managed to get under 10th place in the first 15 minutes.. 

Same was for me. I was racing on Normal difficulty and completed 1-7 endurances for gold and finished 2nd in last endurance with 10 seconds to the leader. 

Then i switched to the hard difficulty, took Mclaren Gr.3, smashed Rubillar 2 times, while he was trying to overtake me and finished first with also 10 seconds to 2nd place. 

There's a reason for this. TROLLphony is using a new type of extreme cheating rubberband ai where the cars in front of you especially the leader runs a slight percentage quicker then your lap times so you can never outrun them and can only win the races by strategy. Such lame and mean tactics from a "Sim" game. 

• Like 1

so i did the 1st enduro race and came 8th and got the prize , then i raced again and got 2nd and got the  $300,000. The Third time i tried i got 2nd again and got no money.  Is this just me? or do you only get the money for Silver gold etc once?

just a pain to race for an hour and get 2nd and get zero credits

Edited by Dvst8u

All the endurance races are doable, you just need a bit of luck sometimes. The one at Maggiore is by far the most difficult and took me 4 attempts to gold.

The bad news is that these are missions, and only pay out each of the three prizes once (a total of 1.2 million for gold); the good news is there is no trophy attached to these missions.

I have gold on all the licences and missions and many track experiences, yet haven't tried all of the endurance missions, but I don't think those races are fair.

First one i tried was the Kei-Car one at Autopolis. Maxed out the car to the allowed PP, tried different tunes, fiddled with the transmission, whatever i could think of to make the car faster. I could kinda keep up with 1-2 cars in front of me (starting 16th i think?) through the corners, but in the long run struggled to keep the couple of cars I start in front of behind me. even the same car as mine, passed me on the straight as if I was parking with so much more speed. it is ridiculous.

Then I tried Kyoto, again, maxed out car. had better luck there, but it took me quite a while to catch up to the leader, and the closer I got, the faster he would go. When I caught him he matched my speed, and every tiny mistake I make he would pull away again. At some point I took P1 and with getting used to the car an track I managed to further improve my laptimes, but couldn't pull away more than 2-3s at at best. He would always catch up again.

3 hours ago, Skargarim said:

I have gold on all the licences and missions and many track experiences, yet haven't tried all of the endurance missions, but I don't think those races are fair.

First one i tried was the Kei-Car one at Autopolis. Maxed out the car to the allowed PP, tried different tunes, fiddled with the transmission, whatever i could think of to make the car faster. I could kinda keep up with 1-2 cars in front of me (starting 16th i think?) through the corners, but in the long run struggled to keep the couple of cars I start in front of behind me. even the same car as mine, passed me on the straight as if I was parking with so much more speed. it is ridiculous.

Then I tried Kyoto, again, maxed out car. had better luck there, but it took me quite a while to catch up to the leader, and the closer I got, the faster he would go. When I caught him he matched my speed, and every tiny mistake I make he would pull away again. At some point I took P1 and with getting used to the car an track I managed to further improve my laptimes, but couldn't pull away more than 2-3s at at best. He would always catch up again.

That's how rubberband cheating works. It's generally in arcade games put trollphony likes to shove it in out face in a "Sim game" . Basically no matter how fast or slow you are the ai is always going to be right there behind you cheating up to you if you get away. Take the 6 human comedy I won so far, add every race from sport and 7 over 25 minutes . Whatever that number is... I've won about half of them by a tenth of a second or under running out of gas at the line on a few. The rubberband creates unnecessary "scripted" drama. Especially when ai seems to get a break in the tire wear department. 

On 16/04/2022 at 9:30 AM, Janire1911 said:

You can use the nerfed Tomahawk in race 5 and easily get gold in that race if you're having trouble. I did it and I ended up lapping the second place car 14 times.

You can’t use the Tomahawk…?

well not when I came to try it anyway.

it has a PP limit of 620 and I’m sure you can’t de tune it that low

Edited by Stevie_Dalco

1 hour ago, Stevie_Dalco said:

You can’t use the Tomahawk…?

well not when I came to try it anyway.

it has a PP limit of 620 and I’m sure you can’t de tune it that low

You can get it to just under 600 PP with the right setup.

There's also a newer setup that keeps the car at its full power output of 2586 horsepower, but also makes it much harder to drive.