Cosmetic outfits? In a first person game???

CookeKeyes

Why??? The only time you’ll ever see them is in the pause menu or cutscenes…Or I guess, the only cosmetic items you can see during gameplay are the hand ones.

The fact that these exist is further evidence to my theory that this game was actually third person until fairly late in development.  (Late enough that the cosmetics were already made)

I think they only changed it to first person after they realized you couldn’t really see the hand gesture stuff that they seem to really like. 

But that’s just a theory….A GAME THEOR.. ah, never mind I’m not going to do that bit. It’s too easy, too played out. ?

Edited by CookeKeyes
  • Like 4

It is a bit weird to have them, and I forgot they existed as I got the trophies. It's not that they are bad, but some look very similar, especially some of the glasses. Kind of glad the game wasn't third person, but it doesn't bother me. The game was just too grindy and the entire game is going for collectibles lol. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

isn't the point that its not a third person game?

personally never saw the point in cosmetic customisation on a character u never see

Flexing cosmetic skins and customizations in multiplayer games is decades old, but I don't understand it in a first-person perspective single-player game at all.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Have you played borderlands? Endless amounts of cosmetics, especially with borderlands 3 and wonderlands which even has a character creator. You can even grind for rare cosmetics drops. 

And these games don't even have photomode like ghostwire tokyo.

Both Borderlands 3 and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands have a Photomode and I think the standalone version of Assault on Dragon Keep has one as well.

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

Have you played borderlands? Endless amounts of cosmetics, especially with borderlands 3 and wonderlands which even has a character creator. You can even grind for rare cosmetics drops. 

Oh hey, you’re right!! I plat’d Borderlands 3 and I remember getting lots of cosmetic stuff. It didn’t really occur to me how pointless they were (since it’s an FPS) as I was playing, like I did with this game…for whatever reason.

I wonder why…?

Granted, it does have co-op, unlike this game. But I never played it like that, aside from a trophy requirement I believe. 

Edited by CookeKeyes

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

it's coop game, so I guess you can flex on your friends

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Didn't Doom: Eternal do the same thing? Although I suppose that has multiplayer, to be fair...

Doom Eternal has battlemode, quite a few cutscenes that show off your cosmetics, and the main menu to sjow them off with customizable pedestals, poses and more. It makes sense in Doom. It doesn't make sense in Ghostwire.

48 minutes ago, CookeKeyes said:

Oh hey, you’re right!! I plat’d Borderlands 3 and I remember getting lots of cosmetic stuff. It didn’t really occur to me how pointless they were (since it’s an FPS) as I was playing, like I did with this game…for whatever reason.

I wonder why…1f914.png

Granted, it does have co-op, unlike this game. But I never played it like that, aside from a trophy requirement I believe. 

Borderlands lets you go into third person when accessing your Echo so you still get actually see your cosmetics in-game

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

Borderlands lets you go into third person when accessing your Echo so you still get actually see your cosmetics in-game

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Also, you can see your legs in Borderlands if you look down or slide, but not in Ghostwire.