Gold on licenses trophy

disturbed1985

In a word practice is the only way to secure gold in all license tests, learning the car and test is vital to been able to go faster, The less assists you have enabled the quicker you will go, here is a link for visual reference on driving lives for the national B license 

https://www.griffinsgamingguides.com/gran-turismo-7-national-b-licence-guide/

And a YouTube guide on golfing all license tests 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

That's not necessary fully true. Granted in some cases you might be faster with no assists but having assists enabled doesn't in any way prevent you from golding the license tests. For example, when I got gold on S-10 I had TCS on 5, ASM on and countersteer assist strong. I'd recommend starting every test with assists turned on as it often makes them a lot easier and only start disabling them if it looks like you can't get gold with them enabled.

Absolutely agreed. Try and error is the way to go. My personal experience is having tcs enabled always on 1 as default because disabling it completely you will loose too much time with spinning tyres. Sometimes you even need to increase the value.

About to start my S license soon, I'm not looking forward to it just because they require a lot consistency, since they're a full lap. However I've gotten gold through IA so far, and only few were difficult. Specifically A-9, A-10 and IB-10. Surprisingly IA was actually easier than the previous ones. 

My typical go to is steering sensitivity at 3

Counter steering assistance off

ASM off

I also go down to 1 TCS on most tracks. You can change that on the fly if you scroll over to the left with the direction pad. Sometimes 2 worked better, however on wet tracks I kept it at 5. 

Actually,  TCS can be determined by cars. Some given cars hardly spin( e.g. IB7,IA9,S4,S7) , choose TCS below 2, or 0 if you have good control. I would recommend TCS at 4 or 5 for most rounds,just push after curve center, dont hesitate. 

Counter steering assistance off for low speed curve, (especially A9 IA8), for the rest rounds keep it weak.

If u obtain all gold B- IA, S1 to S9 is not remarkably challenging . As for S10, keep in faith and keep it up, bless all you, I used a ds5 and even AT bearbox, and it took me 2 hrs.

This is what works for me the best:

Just use ONE driving assistance, either TCS on 1 OR counter steering assistance!

Using both at the same time will slow you down a way to much. I would advise to get comfortable with TCS off and use the CSA instead.

the hardest tests for me were A9 and S7. both took me literally ALL DAY to pass

I did every other test with the dual sense controller, default settings AND automatic transmission. but those 2 I had to lower traction control (A9) and increase controller sensitivity (S7)

• Like 1

For me personally IA-10 was the hardest test, took me more than three hours before I finally got gold. On S-7 I got a bit lucky and managed a time .008 seconds under gold after about 30 minutes of trying. 

S-10 was definitely one of the harder tests but not impossible, you just have to be very careful not to hit any wet areas of the track. The time limit is pretty lenient so just concentrate on finishing the lap instead of trying to go as fast as possible and you should be able to get gold.

Last night I finally went ahead and finished off all of my S license tests. I kept most of the same setting from my earlier post but changed the controller sensitivity depending on the car. Now I can safely say that while this is hard, it's possible for anyone with enough practice. I used the guides from TrophyTom which are available in the guide here on PSNP. They helped tremendously with finding the right lines when I was struggling, though I attempted most of them on my own before resorting to his guide if needed. He saved me so much time with S-10 as following the track brake zones and line will not allow you to pass with a gold. Finally, I figure I'll list in my opinion the top 5 hardest with the top being the hardest. 

S-10 - Made hard by the wet conditions and squirrely car. This is definitely the hardest in the game, took me around 2 1/2 hours to get gold. 

A-9 - This one is deceptively hard. It's such a short part of the track, but it requires absolute perfection to get gold, and hairpin turns are where I struggle the most. 

S-4 - THE WALLS!!!! This track is really narrow but requires a lot of speed and precision. This one took me at least an hour to get gold. It also has a hairpin turn, though it's not as tight.

A-10 - Again the hairpin turn is what killed my runs here, I found it incredibly difficult to exit with speed. 

IB-10 - This really shouldn't have been that hard, it has a small hairpin turn but overall, it's not that bad. I just struggled to keep any speed at the final long turn before the straight. Luckily all the attempts here was nice practice for S-6 which is on this full track anyway. 

I was prepared to struggle with IA-10 and S-7 as I heard the warning, but surprisingly I managed those fairly quickly. I'm very glad to be done with this though, it was very frustrating, especially S-10, which was just so much harder than the rest for me. Good luck to everyone else going for this, stick to it and you should manage! 

• Like 1

Just did my last ones. ALL GOLD now ? It was hard, especially A-9, S-7, IA-10...S-10....S-4...and so on, but hard work pays off. Just try again and again and you will make it eventually. Thank god i don't tell you now how EASY PEASY everything is.  

(Elden Ring Platins on PSNProfiles: 22.775)

(Gran Turismo 7 Platins on PSNProfiles: 101) 

7 hours ago, janpham said:

Just did my last ones. ALL GOLD now 1f60e.png It was hard, especially A-9, S-7, IA-10...S-10....S-4...and so on, but hard work pays off. Just try again and again and you will make it eventually. Thank god i don't tell you now how EASY PEASY everything is.  

(Elden Ring Platins on PSNProfiles: 22.775)

(Gran Turismo 7 Platins on PSNProfiles: 101) 

the reason why GT7 has so few platins is because the platinum is time gated behind those 3 legendary cars required for trophy

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, janpham said:

The 3 cars you can buy. Can you buy Gold?

Gold licenses? no.
But the fact that people probably didnt have enough credits for the last 2 legendary cars and/or didnt know they were the 3 cars required, so once the 2 other cars comes back to the shop we will definitly see an influx of platinum owners

• Like 2

Have just got this one. A-9 took ages until I turned the countersteer assist off and s-10 took even longer until I turned it back on again. S-7 isn’t too bad, you just have to trust the car will corner at a higher speed than you’re used to and try not to clip the speed bumps!

Man am I glad I got that out of the way, now just have to wait for the legendary cars to make another appearance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any hints, tips, help foe S10. I have tried 100 times with the controller and I'm thinking I may need a wheel but Don wanna pay $100 for a wheel.

I managed a 2:30 but cannot improve on it whatever I do?

Edited by Jaded_Leviathan
Spelling mistakes

23 minutes ago, Jaded_Leviathan said:

Does anyone have any hints, tips, help foe S10. I have tried 100 times with the controller and I'm thinking I may need a wheel but Don wanna pay $100 for a wheel.

Gran Turismo 7 - Super License S-10 ? How to Earn Gold - Guide - YouTube

If the above doesn't work try what I used: TC 2. ASM on. Countersteering assist Weak. Controller sensitivity 7. ABS default. I used a DS4 controller and got 2:25.716.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaded_Leviathan said:

You don't need a wheel to get it. Keep practicing and you will get there! There are a few videos online to help guide you. The braking markers on this track are wrong in a few places that cost you time. Also sometimes all you need is to ease off the throttle rather than brake and then you can coast around a corner. You'll get there mate!

5 hours ago, LASF said:

Gran Turismo 7 - Super License S-10 1f3c6.png How to Earn Gold - Guide - YouTube

If the above doesn't work try what I used: TC 2. ASM on. Countersteering assist Weak. Controller sensitivity 7. ABS default. I used a DS4 controller and got 2:25.716.

I had countersteering off and sensitivity down to 3 when I did mine.

Edited by PeachyJacobs
Spelling

S-10 turning sensitivity down as much as it's comfortable can help because of the wet conditions. Versus say S-7 where it being high is great because the F1 car is stiff. Normally I like to play with the hood view, it has a slight edge here I felt seeing and remembering where all the puddles are quickly, shaved some time knowing exactly when to flooring the apex after coasting.

It took a few hours, but I managed to get S-10 with 2.25. This is definitely the hardest challenge (even harder than the super formula). 
Here's how I got it (also note that this is my first Gran Turismo game, been playing mostly NFS and GRID, DIRT, F1 games, so if I can do it, you can definitely do it!):

TCS - 3

ABS - Default

ASM - ON

Countersteer assist - Strong

Braking zone - ON

Racing line, Corner indicators - ON

Temporary exposure compensation - Higher than default, (depending your TV) it's good for seeing the puddles on the track better

Demonstration Ghost (not PB ghost) - ON, +001 offset

Controller steering sensitivity - 10

Basically you want to ALWAYS avoid puddles of water and stick to the racing line 99% of the time. I found that the ghost is sometimes taking wider turns and braking harder, but if you do that, you have a risk of spinning out / touching the puddle and spinning out. The goal is to go in slow in the chicanes and tight corners at the start and end of the track, and go fast with about 70-100% throttle in the wide, faster corners in the middle section of the track. 

You will most definitely spin out a lot, but I found that each time you try again, you memorize the track and go further than before. Eventually, you will decrease your time to about 2.30 and lower, and when you're consistent with the times, it will take one almost perfect lap to get to around 2.26 - 2.25. I say "almost perfect", as during my 2.25 lap, I had a few skids in the beginning section of the track, but managed to catch-up in the middle-end sections.

There are 2 places where you will know if you have time or not:

1. when you enter and exit the Eau Rouge corner, you should be 1:1 with the ghost or pretty close behind it;

2. I think somewhere between corners 13-16 at about the half-way point of the track, you get a calculation of your split time so far, you should be in the 1.40-1.50s. If your split there is around 1,45-9, you should be OK.

Finally, this will take a lot of retries, as it's a long track, but eventually when you memorize it, you will get the gold. Good luck!

I tried for 2 hours yesterday on s-10...I completed maybe 3 full laps with my best time at 2.30.350.  Tried this afternoon for an hour with my best time at 2.28.267.  Changed countersteering from "off" to "strong" and TCS from "3" to "5" and on my 2nd attempt with these settings I did 2.26.095. On the very next try I did 2.24.758.

For myself the car was more stable and could hit the curbs without spinning out of the track.  Also put a ghost 0.1 seconds ahead of me definitely helped.

It's challenging but doable.