Does this game still have buggy trophies?

Maahniac

46 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

I've been holding out on playing Quake, because I was warned about the potential for buggy trophies. 6 months (or more) have passed now, is it safe to play this now? Have the trophies been patched?

A friend of mine said a trophy that was buggy for them finally unlocked after reloading the save and redoing it. it was tied to beating the last chapter.

• 1 month later...
On 02/05/2022 at 0:43 PM, HuntingFever said:

Provided you have the latest patch installed, there are no broken trophies :).

Slipgate Pacifist won't unlock for me.

edit: I tried deleting game data and doing it again and it unlocked the second time through

Edited by Flipendo52

• 2 weeks later...

I'm one trophy away from the platinum. I can't get the Discharge trophy to unlock. Tried multiple times on different maps. With bots and with second controller. Nothing works. Weirdly enough the trophy unlocked on my alt account when I killed it in the water, but it's just not popping on my end

Edit: Finally got it. I hosted the game on my alt account and used it to kill my main. Not how the trophy is supposed to work, but oh well. 

Edited by Met-Rx
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, DHawk12 said:

Beating the main campaign on nightmare seems to be bugged. I killed the final boss and both trophies popped but after inspecting my trophy list only the non-difficulty boss kill was granted. First time I’ve ever seen a trophy “pop” but not actually register.

The PS5 is infamous for its trophy syncing errors so give it a few hours, then the problem will fix itself :).

Just now, HuntingFever said:

The PS5 is infamous for its trophy syncing errors so give it a few hours, then the problem will fix itself :).

I’ve never experienced this problem or even heard of it. Hopefully it’s syncs correctly, there’s no way I’m redoing the full nightmare campaign again lol.

1 minute ago, DHawk12 said:

I’ve never experienced this problem or even heard of it. Hopefully it’s syncs correctly, there’s no way I’m redoing the full nightmare campaign again lol.

It will, just give it a few hours to a day at most but until then, you can see all your trophies whilst the system in offline mode :). This problem is endemic and has been around since the PS5 launched a few years back but has gotten a lot worse in the last year.

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It will, just give it a few hours to a day at most but until then, you can see all your trophies whilst the system in offline mode :). This problem is endemic and has been around since the PS5 launched a few years back but has gotten a lot worse in the last year.

Oh ok cool I see the trophy now while offline, thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

On 25/09/2022 at 0:05 PM, DHawk12 said:

Beating the main campaign on nightmare seems to be bugged. I killed the final boss and both trophies popped but after inspecting my trophy list only the non-difficulty boss kill was granted. First time I’ve ever seen a trophy “pop” but not actually register.

I have the same issue, finished dissolution of eternity on Nightmare, the trophy has Popped but dont appear on the list, what do i do?

Edited by diogolpaixao

21 minutes ago, diogolpaixao said:

I have the same issue, finished dissolution of eternity on Nightmare, the trophy has Popped but dont appear on the list, what do i do?

Nothing, it will show up again in 24 hours. Did you not read HuntingFever's comment literally below the one you replied to.

• 8 months later...

I had one issue while playing quake: for some reason, Dissolution of Eternity trophies didn't pop for me. I mean, both of them - I killed the dragon and got neither The House of Doom nor Rogue Ranger.

I restarted the console and completed the last level again and they popped.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 10/22/2023 at 2:23 AM, bikeman223 said:

Are these bugs why the rarity is so high?

I don’t think so. I haven’t experienced any bugs, and the most recent comment on this thread for a serious bug is from over a year ago. Everything should run smoothly, so long as you start your run by selecting ‘new game’ rather than using ‘level select’ to start your run. You also need to make sure to use the nightmare difficulty portals which are pretty well hidden. 

I think it’s so rare because it’s a lot of content to play through, especially on Nightmare. It’s definitely not easy, but I also feel it’s not unreasonably hard. I could see most ppl running out of steam before finishing everything (I played Quake growing up which probably makes this easier for me). 

15 hours ago, doc_octogon said:

I don’t think so. I haven’t experienced any bugs, and the most recent comment on this thread for a serious bug is from over a year ago. Everything should run smoothly, so long as you start your run by selecting ‘new game’ rather than using ‘level select’ to start your run. You also need to make sure to use the nightmare difficulty portals which are pretty well hidden. 

I think it’s so rare because it’s a lot of content to play through, especially on Nightmare. It’s definitely not easy, but I also feel it’s not unreasonably hard. I could see most ppl running out of steam before finishing everything (I played Quake growing up which probably makes this easier for me). 

That's good news. I want to give this one a shot after having played Quake 2 recently.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 8:34 AM, NepalskiSzerpa said:

I just encountered a huge bug, that only a guest account is getting a trophy in coop, despite the main account passing the requirements of the said trophy, while the guest acc was not.

Simple fix, just do it in reverse (dummy account as host, main account as “guest”).

• Like 1