Does PS4 have...

Dethpicable

Those can only be seen by those who have accepted a "real name" request, right? Or is it available for all friends to see?

Parker

Yes. After adding a friend who has a PS4 you can send them a name request. Once accepted their avatar icon will be replaced with their Facebook profile picture.

Those can only be seen by those who have accepted a "real name" request, right? Or is it available for all friends to see?

Parker

I believe the picture can be seen by everyone, if you link your facebook account, but the real name itself has to be specifically requested and granted.

A friend of mine ran into some problems as he thought that only real-name approved people could see his facebook pic (which was his company logo - which includes his name *facepalm*)

He has since deactivated the facebook intigration!

I believe the picture can be seen by everyone, if you link your facebook account, but the real name itself has to be specifically requested and granted.

A friend of mine ran into some problems as he thought that only real-name approved people could see his facebook pic (which was his company logo - which includes his name *facepalm*)

And you sir have supplied me with the LOL of the day, thank you.

• Like 1

Facebook integration, the one thing I wish they would have kept away from the PS4...

Why? People complain all the time about the limited amount of avatars available and with Facebook integration you can practically have an unlimited amount of avatars. I made a Facebook account specifically for my PSN (I never use Facebook anyway) and now I can have any avatar I want. Plus it is completely optional so if you don't want it, you don't have to use it. It is a win-win for everyone.

Parker

• Like 1

Why? People complain all the time about the limited amount of avatars available and with Facebook integration you can practically have an unlimited amount of avatars. I made a Facebook account specifically for my PSN (I never use Facebook anyway) and now I can have any avatar I want. Plus it is completely optional so if you don't want it, you don't have to use it. It is a win-win for everyone.

Parker

I suppose it does have it's perks but I've always hated how over half the sites try to shove Facebook down your throat & I've never liked Facebook, a friend of mine almost got a divorce over it (don't ask) but this is just my opinion, hell I might even make an account if I feel like changing my avatar, it's better than spending 50 cents per avatar.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have tested this and found it to be incorrect. My account is linked to Facebook, I have ask a bunch of my friends and they all see my PSN avatar unless I have sent a name request.

Feel free to add me to test: jasynergy

I have tested this and found it to be incorrect. My account is linked to Facebook, I have ask a bunch of my friends and they all see my PSN avatar unless I have sent a name request.

Feel free to add me to test: jasynergy

you are correct, I believe this was either patched or was simply an early bug, as i have anecdotally heard that this is not the case now.

Wont matter now anyways - its 2014, so facebook has now been irrelevant for over 2 years!