The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 3v4 multiplayer game from Gun Media (2023)

On 6/15/2022 at 5:24 AM, Titanomachy_75 said:

From the gameplay looks like a single player game? I think it is?

There might be a short single player mode...maybe like a tutorial but overall this is a 4 survivors vs 3 villians multiplayer game. 4 vs 3 which I don't think we've ever seen before. If the survivors can't fight back and only hide and jump through windows to get away, it seems like the odds are stacked against them. I usually watch Slash N Cast for more info on the game as he usually has good content on YouTube. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Strange the trophy/achievement list is out but the games not due for months. Unless it's releasing early?

Yea I don’t understand it either. Usually see lists shortly before launch. Ryan, the one who played it in that video, mentioned how well it plays right now despite a release next year so maybe it will come out very early ‘23.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone on here that is currently playing the Technical Test? What are your thoughts and what can you share? I know it's only 1 map on the test and you can only play as Leatherface, The Cook and The Hitch Hiker but at launch there should be 3 different maps and 2 more family members. 

What are the ways to escape or win as a victim? I believe there are only 2 exits on the map but not sure what needs to be done to unlock them or escape. Do all the victims have the right "tools" to escape or do they need to rely on others in the group? (Ex: Can only one pick locks, can only one fix the fuse, etc..)  

I also saw Leatherface kill someone within the first 15 seconds so I guess he starts in the basement along with the victims. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:00 AM, Aidan_sam said:

1,973 public matches....1f628.png 

This is what's scary, and It's basically a time sink based on how long the matches can last. I'm curious if it will have auto pop or incrementation trophies between PS4 and PS5. We probably won't know until sometime on the 18th of August.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:15 PM, trojbrown40 said:

Anyone on here that is currently playing the Technical Test? What are your thoughts and what can you share? I know it's only 1 map on the test and you can only play as Leatherface, The Cook and The Hitch Hiker but at launch there should be 3 different maps and 2 more family members. 

What are the ways to escape or win as a victim? I believe there are only 2 exits on the map but not sure what needs to be done to unlock them or escape. Do all the victims have the right "tools" to escape or do they need to rely on others in the group? (Ex: Can only one pick locks, can only one fix the fuse, etc..)  

I also saw Leatherface kill someone within the first 15 seconds so I guess he starts in the basement along with the victims. Thanks!

The technical test has no NDA, so participants are free to talk about any aspect of it. I played a handful of matches since I'm not really a PC gamer but randomly received an invitation to the test on Steam. Everyone can escape, and have the tools to do so. You start in the basement, and have to find blue doors to get into the house. From there there are four escape options, the front, the rear, water pump and the fuse. The family can electrify some areas and it forces you to find the generator to put out the power. Also, when you escape the basement, grandpa is alerted and he can show your aura to the family when you're moving or making noise. He becomes more effective over time as they kill and gather blood to feed him. Also you have to find unlock tool to open doors like the blue ones, and also some access doors to begin the escape process. The fuse box approach requires you to find the fuse somewhere randomly in the house, which can be hit or miss, and then you have to bring it. I believe to the second floor to turn on the power and then follow the yellow cable. This might seem like it's all babbling, it's late and I'm doing this off the top of my head lol 

Yes, he can kill people very quickly if he finds you. Some people are unlucky and make a lot of noise, the game is a little hide and seekish in the sense that you really want to move at a snail's pace and be very methodical about your movement. I know I'm going to get some backlash but at some point it started to feel a little too slow, it was definitely exciting and fun to avoid detection, but there was a lot of emphasis on this play style. Playing the family with two friends is probably going to be pretty easy since you can communicate directly the location of victims. 

Take what I say with the grain of salt, I played a handful of matches. So I probably not the best person to give an in-depth analysis on balance, I know some people thought one side was too strong or too effective and stuff like that. I'm still on the fence on buying the game, I can't imagine myself ever playing nearly 2000 public matches so that will definitely be a consideration between now and August. Hopefully they tone down that trophy or change it all together. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

I can't imagine myself ever playing nearly 2000 public matches so that will definitely be a consideration between now and August. Hopefully they tone down that trophy or change it all together. 

Someone complained about this on twitter and the devs responded saying the achievements weren't final, so hopefully that means they will change it(?)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thornhorn7 said:

Someone complained about this on twitter and the devs responded saying the achievements weren't final, so hopefully that means they will change it(?)

Hopefully, I know that during F13 days, they explained that Sony doesn't allow retroactive trophy changes in most cases with respect to the 2000 public matches trophy. So I'm not even sure why 1973 public matches is even coming up, but hopefully between now and the certification of the game they use another metric. I've seen some people suggest perhaps 1973 minutes played!

• 2 weeks later...

ok, count me in

And as an added bonus, the first batch of the physical release will include an exclusive poster replicating the cover art for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

sweet

Fydv-KCn-X0-AA7-Knj.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
poster
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...