PS3 Skyrim Save File Bug.

AlteredFormula

http://www.gamesradar.com/high-horse-broken-ps3-skyrim-was-inevitable-inexcusable-and-may-be-your-fault/

I have to say, I agree. I too leading up to the release said, "If its as broken as Fallout & NV, they can get fucked." but release day came and everyone said, "AF its ok." so I bought it... Now I'm hearing more and more of my friends as their save file hits the dreaded 6MB size, saying "It's broke, its unplayable."

:(

Now it's not happened to me yet, but I'm nearing the point when it could happen, and its got me thinking. do I wait for the patch or do I risk it? After paying £35 for it, I shouldnt be thinking that...

Bloody Bethesda...

So what about you lot, have you hit it yet, or are you reading the ramblings of a paranoid madman?

(Probably both.)

If it does happen, I wont be buying any more Bethesda products.

Define broke.....if it's just that the frame-rate gets so bad it's unplayable and when it's patched I can carry on, I can live with that.

If it means my save file is fucked and I have to start again, that's a different matter.

I don't mind some bugs in a product, as long as they patch it, sooner rather than later.

In a game this size, expecting a 100% spot on product is more of a fantasy than the world they've created.

They've had the balls to acknowledge the faults and are working to rectify them, unlike some other developers.

As a precaution, I'm going to copy my main save file to a memory stick, just in case whilst it's still at 5MB.

I've not noticed anything yet, but I've heard that you will only start experiencing huge issues after 3-4 hours of playing. Once you get the awful framerate, you can supposedly restart your PS3 and play for another 3-4 hours before it happens again. While annoying to some (I rarely, if ever get the chance to play a game for 4 hours straight) it is known to Bethesda and they have said it will be patched.

Parker

I'm on 6.6mb roughly and I have SOME framerate issues. Nothing to stop me from playing the game, it's mainly when I warp to a city or something. I've always known Bethesda have had issues with glitches, so it's not really stopping me. Hahaha. I'll let you all know if something major happens to me though !

For what it's worth...

DCDeacon Pete Hines

On the list for this update is improved performance for long-term play on PS3.

DCDeacon Pete Hines

It will not reset your char or save games.

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon

"This update" meaning the one they have scheduled to release hopefully a week or so after Thanksgiving. Pete Hines is "VP of PR and Marketing at Bethesda." Again, I don't personally trust Twitter as a source and Bethesda as a whole is shaky at best when fixing issues, so take it for what it's worth. I like the sounds of this though.

• Like 1

I'm at about 8.5 mb and I've got some serious framerate issues going on :( Hasn't stopped me playing, though it does get pretty annoying when you can't run 10 steps without it lagging

I read on Bethesda's site that until the patch is released, those suffering from frame rate issues can try this:

1. As soon as the game lags, save your game.

2. Go back to main menu, and load saved game.

Apparently this will clear the cache and allow for better performance (It was noted that this works for PS3 and PC, XBox has other issues)

I read on Bethesda's site that until the patch is released, those suffering from frame rate issues can try this:

Apparently this will clear the cache and allow for better performance (It was noted that this works for PS3 and PC, XBox has other issues)

Great Tip Wade, and it certainly does work for about an hour before lagging up again.

Yeah I noticed this temporary fix a few days ago. When I started playing the game ran fine but lagged up after putting in some time so I'd save, quit, load when it did start to lag

Last I heard, was early December chap. Which by Bethesda's standards is pretty damn quick. Let's just hope they stick to their word.

Bethesda has send a new patch to Microsoft and Sony.

So all that is left is for Microsoft and Sony to Approve the Patch.

If all goes well will the patch hit XBL and PSN next week (48).

• Like 1