Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

50 minutes ago, jasondm300 said:

Just finished Stranger in Paradise and working through the DLC.  I am a Gold Tier right now, I believe.  I'm trying to insert my checklist, but it isn't letting me.  can someone help me with that?

Upload it to imgur.com and then rightclick on the uploaded image on imgur to "copy image link"

Back here when your making a post click "insert image from URL" in the bottom right corner and insert image link

Back to topic, my list:

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@sepheroithisgod Congratulations on two new badges! You're only 3 games away from Platinum tier!

@xXNanaki24Xx Welcome to the project! You're in Gold tier with 9 badges!

@jasondm300 Welcome to the project! You're in Gold tier with 7 badges!

Having recently started to focus on RPGs and Final Fantasy, it is time for me to throw my name into the hat.  I am sitting at 6 FF platinums!  FF1-3, 7HD, 7 Remake, 16.  DLCs for the last two to come soon though I understand they aren't required until platinum tier, which I am a loooong way away, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Having recently started to focus on RPGs and Final Fantasy, it is time for me to throw my name into the hat.  I am sitting at 6 FF platinums!  FF1-3, 7HD, 7 Remake, 16.  DLCs for the last two to come soon though I understand they aren't required until platinum tier, which I am a loooong way away, lol.

51 minutes ago, Kvara_XIV said:

I would like to join.

Welcome guys :) Please fill out this checklist and post a screenshot and you’re in :D 

https://oyazmat.github.io/ff-checklist/

• Like 1

Finished Final Fantasy V. Had fun, the job system is a great addition, so many possibilities. The story was good as well.

H9dv9io.png

So that leaves just one of the Pixel Remasters, Final Fantasy VI. This will be one of the next games I'll play. But there are still so many games left. After making 2023 a Final Fantasy year, I'm most likely doing it again for 2024 to make more progress on series completion.

FFs I want to play this year are:

• FF VI
  • FF VIII
  • FF IX
  • A King's Tale: FF XV
  • Maybe Stranger of Paradise, both versions
  • Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line
  • Possibly going back to finishing some FFs that are already on my account. Mainly FF XV and the FF VII Remake part 1.
  • Also the second part of the FF VII Remake.
  • The FF XVI DLC, but I'll likely wait for the second DLC before I go back to the game.

And then there's Final Fantasy XIV PS5. I'm getting closer to the true endgame and having to decide what I really want out of the game. As in, do I want to 100% it or not and am I willing to put in the time to do deep dungeon solo clears and move on to EW's harder content. I'm still missing a group for more challenging content, which may or may not be a problem for the EW extreme/savage content and criterion dungeons. I'll keep playing, but I can't say where it'll take me. The goal this year is definitely to get the platinum in the PS5 version and clear more DLCs. At least for now.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Finished Final Fantasy V. Had fun, the job system is a great addition, so many possibilities. The story was good as well.

H9dv9io.png

So that leaves just one of the Pixel Remasters, Final Fantasy VI. This will be one of the next games I'll play. But there are still so many games left. After making 2023 a Final Fantasy year, I'm most likely doing it again for 2024 to make more progress on series completion.

FFs I want to play this year are:

• FF VI
  • FF VIII
  • FF IX
  • A King's Tale: FF XV
  • Maybe Stranger of Paradise, both versions
  • Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line
  • Possibly going back to finishing some FFs that are already on my account. Mainly FF XV and the FF VII Remake part 1.
  • Also the second part of the FF VII Remake.
  • The FF XVI DLC, but I'll likely wait for the second DLC before I go back to the game.

And then there's Final Fantasy XIV PS5. I'm getting closer to the true endgame and having to decide what I really want out of the game. As in, do I want to 100% it or not and am I willing to put in the time to do deep dungeon solo clears and move on to EW's harder content. I'm still missing a group for more challenging content, which may or may not be a problem for the EW extreme/savage content and criterion dungeons. I'll keep playing, but I can't say where it'll take me. The goal this year is definitely to get the platinum in the PS5 version and clear more DLCs. At least for now.

You might wanna finish VIIRemake first then if you want to play VIIRebirth fresh, or just play whatever you like

Don't push it too hard with XIV or you might have to make 2025 an FF year too 😂 just enjoy whatever you like from it

8 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

You might wanna finish VIIRemake first then if you want to play VIIRebirth fresh, or just play whatever you like

Don't push it too hard with XIV or you might have to make 2025 an FF year too 😂 just enjoy whatever you like from it

I considered that as well. Do we already know if we can transfer our Remake savegame to Rebirth?

And sure thing :). I'll play the games I enjoy. This is a lesson I learned when playing Mugen Souls. The platinum takes 300 - 400 hours, I despised the game right from the first battle and only pulled through by watching videos from start to finish and ignoring the game as best as possible. I still hated it. Then I found a job and now my time is just too valuable to spend on a game (or anything, really) that I don't enjoy. If it doesn't give me what I want, I'll just stop.

Overall, I'd say I have a much healthier attitude towards gaming by now, although being a trophy hunter isn't always a good thing and I'm sometimes questioning if this is really how I should approach gaming. But I completed games way before trophies existed, so this is nothing new and I like seeing everything a game has to offer. The difference now is that I have a job and money to buy games, but less time to play, i. e. an ever-growing backlog just from being a PS+ subscriber. Compare that to when I was still in school, I had more time and less money to buy games. Being a completionist was much easier back then 😂

This might be relatable to some of you.

That said, wouldn't be too much of a problem to make 2025 an FF year as well, so long as I'm having fun 😂

12 hours ago, viech54 said:

I considered that as well. Do we already know if we can transfer our Remake savegame to Rebirth?

And sure thing :). I'll play the games I enjoy. This is a lesson I learned when playing Mugen Souls. The platinum takes 300 - 400 hours, I despised the game right from the first battle and only pulled through by watching videos from start to finish and ignoring the game as best as possible. I still hated it. Then I found a job and now my time is just too valuable to spend on a game (or anything, really) that I don't enjoy. If it doesn't give me what I want, I'll just stop.

Overall, I'd say I have a much healthier attitude towards gaming by now, although being a trophy hunter isn't always a good thing and I'm sometimes questioning if this is really how I should approach gaming. But I completed games way before trophies existed, so this is nothing new and I like seeing everything a game has to offer. The difference now is that I have a job and money to buy games, but less time to play, i. e. an ever-growing backlog just from being a PS+ subscriber. Compare that to when I was still in school, I had more time and less money to buy games. Being a completionist was much easier back then 😂

This might be relatable to some of you.

That said, wouldn't be too much of a problem to make 2025 an FF year as well, so long as I'm having fun 😂

Well that's the paradox of things

Very relatable to me, and the reason why I only care about FF games now (barely have time for them)

As for the save transfer, don't count on it, it seems like we will be starting from scratch all over again in Rebirth

• Like 2

Hello, may I please join? I've been meaning to for years now! Finally pulling the trigger.

My last FF platinum was FFXVI and that NG+ playthrough burnt me out of gaming for a while now ngl.

I am hoping my next FF platinum will be FFVII Rebirth. Gonna play some other random games until its release.

Saving FFVIII for my 200th platinum. That's a special one for me as it was the first Final Fantasy that I've ever played.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Small update to say I've now finished FF12 The Zodiac Age; no new badges and still bronze tier so I'll wait until next time to post my updated checklist. I also started FF14 in November so I'm in for a long haul now.

Current plans right now are to finally revisit and finish FF10, as well as hopefully knock out the Heavensward DLC list. Might dip my toes into Theatrhythm FBL earlier than expected too cause I spent the bestiary hunt in FF12 listening to FF OSTs.

• Like 4