Shadow Ranger trophy

drevviill

Anything i shoud know about this before doing it? like bugs, or human npcs killing themselves? i would really hate to go through a playtrough and find out i missed it coz of some bug. so please state your happenings.

Later edit: One thing i found is on the bandits level. Right before you get to the hostage, there is an enemy that is on a rail car. If this enemy stands up, you CAN NOT knock him out. He must be sitting down for the prompt to come up. If you walk up to the left side of the rail car, the prompt will come up when you are close enough. If you are at a point where he will not sit back down due to being startled, restart the checkpoint and pray that he is sitting. If not, sorry to say you are out of luck. The good news is that you can exit to main menu and start the chapter over again! Note: if you killed him because he annoyed you with his fucking retardness, starting the chapter all over won't work so i'm sorry but you need to play the game all over.

Edited by drevviill

dont kill in the dream sequence at the very beginning.  now this trophy took me 4 runs, i had no kills at all, but 1 guy landed on train track, another run 1 landed in fire, not sure if it matters, but i did not get trophy.

so just be carefull, i uploaded save to + halfway through though, so i didn't need to do complete run again.

• Like 2

USE a video guide for the fire and train levels.

You can complete the fire level within 2 minutes just by stealthing it.

Good luck [took me 3 runs]

Use a video guide if you're ever stuck, but i recommended doing this on a second playthrough to get a feel for the game. I mesmorized the levels after i was done with this trophy :P haha.

USE a video guide for the fire and train levels.

You can complete the fire level within 2 minutes just by stealthing it.

Good luck [took me 3 runs]

Use a video guide if you're ever stuck, but i recommended doing this on a second playthrough to get a feel for the game. I mesmorized the levels after i was done with this trophy :P haha.

have any video guide for those levels? link it please

Actually, I went out into the kitchen during a cutscene to get some food and when I came back, You-Know-Who was lying dead in front of me. I restarted the checkpoint, saved him and got the trophies at the end. C'est la vie ending always froze the game for me, but the trophy sound still played in the background.

Edited by JustinCorza

maybe it's one of those bugs. i read somewhere on steam forums while looking for tips for this that there was this guy who just ran through the game on easy killing left and right but somehow he got the achievement (or whatever they have on steam) :ninja:

Edited by drevviill

Allegedly the devs had said that you can kill indiscriminately on the Chase, Rev Square, and D6.

Since I'm assuming "you know who" is the guy at the end of the Rev Square, it's entirely possible this is within the paramaters.

I didn't get my trophy on my first run attempt. When I was in the Red Line one guy threw a grenade at me and it burned his buddy to death. I reloaded the checkpoint but this was before I was aware that reloading didn't help.

Playing on easy is so well....easy....that you can just run around punching groups of 5 plus enemies in the face while they all shoot at you and I guess this was my downfall.

Next try will be all stealth.

Allegedly the devs had said that you can kill indiscriminately on the Chase, Rev Square, and D6.

Since I'm assuming "you know who" is the guy at the end of the Rev Square, it's entirely possible this is within the paramaters.

I didn't get my trophy on my first run attempt. When I was in the Red Line one guy threw a grenade at me and it burned his buddy to death. I reloaded the checkpoint but this was before I was aware that reloading didn't help.

Playing on easy is so well....easy....that you can just run around punching groups of 5 plus enemies in the face while they all shoot at you and I guess this was my downfall.

Next try will be all stealth.

Yeah, its basically luck this trophy. Each person that plays it gets their own bugs, lol.

I stealthed the wholeplaythrough without alerting and still didn't get it. Luckily the 3rd playthrough only took like 2-3 hours.

I wanted to get this on my first playthrough, so I did a lot of reading and bumped into a post that said you can kill anyone on Chase/Red Square/D6, so I followed these rules, but I didn't get the trophy. 

Anyways, on Bandits, you should be careful not to knock out anyone on the rails, because you don't want to run them over later. 

Wow, for this trophy you definitively need luck, i think i got the trophy in my 3rd and last try, i went killing nobody everytime but i'm 99% that i made a couple of mistakes in the first try because i didn't know the rules yet, i never knew which was my mistake in the 2nd hehe. For me the most difficult part was the train sequence. It's really easy to avoid killing so i'd advice you to do it with exception of course of the last chapter where you're allowed to kill two enemies (there's no other way than kill them).

Edited by GoldenShaka

For me the hardest part of getting the trophy was Contagion.

If the enemy moves to a fire on its own, and dies, you lose the trophy. Sometimes the enemy won't even be on the screen and it still happens; that's what happened to me on my second attempt :/ 

Presumably they never suicide if you're stealthy, but if you accidentally alert them there's a chance someone might suicide. In my 3rd playthough I decided to be extra careful and immediately reload the checkpoint as soon as any enemy saw me. Took me much longer than normal to move on, but I guess it's better than having to restart the whole game, and it worked.

If you pay attention, you can know that you're screwed up because the game will auto-save at a non-checkpoint location, to record the fact that you're permanently locked out of this trophy in this playthrough.

Also, not sure if it's true, but I read somewhere that you can't use chapter select for this trophy... so I guess it's better to avoid it. Better safe than sorry.

I also killed the guy at the end of Red Square and still managed to get the trophy, and for the same reason as JustinCorza, lol.... I thought it was only me! :)

Good luck :D

• 2 weeks later...

Luckily got this trophy on my first try. Heres the main points I've done that is up to debate:

• Killed everyone in the dream sequence beginning
  • Made sure not to alert anyone on contagion level
  • Confident that i didnt run over anyone on the rail
  • Accidentally stole a filter from one of the soldiers on the surface, I reloaded the checkpoint but still got trophy
  • May have shot one of the guards in front of the flamethrower guy, but reloaded

Made sure to do other stuff like save the guy from the damned souls, so ya make sure to look guides people have done.