Sonic Origins Trophy Thoughts

Ultraxian

On 6/20/2022 at 7:48 PM, enaysoft said:

Amusingly I have almost every Sonic game and I have not got 100% on any of them, this one might actually be my first lol.

I guess at least it's not a 100% game this time and has a platinum, this will make everyone happy right?

Not even Sonic The Fighters?

On 6/20/2022 at 4:17 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

One of these days developers will have to ask permission to create a trophy list because people complain about every single aspect, if it's hard people complain, long complain, short complain, speedrun complain, Jesus Christ.

Yes this is very true, especially since trophies are OPTIONAL. If people don't like them, they can simply ignore them and just play the game.

9 hours ago, FrostDragoon28 said:

Does anyone know if the trophies for beating the games on classic or anniversary’s mode also pop if you beat the game on story mode? 

Yes they do, I just started story mode and got the completion trophy after finishing Sonic 1.

• Like 1

On 24/06/2022 at 1:15 PM, Groudon199 said:

The Mission Master trophies don't require S-ranking 10 different missions. You can S the same mission 10 times and it'll count.

As if this game couldn't get more easier, it dun done did.

Now I've gotten the platinum I have a few thoughts, I'm very surprised that Sonic 1 and Sonic CD had no trophies related to the Chaos Emeralds or Time Stones, meaning if you really wanted you can just ignore them and speed through the game. Considering Sonic 2 now has Hidden Palace zone I'm surprised there wasn't a trophy for finding it/completeing it and as for Sonic 3 there could have been one for Hyper Sonic.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

Now I've gotten the platinum I have a few thoughts, I'm very surprised that Sonic 1 and Sonic CD had no trophies related to the Chaos Emeralds or Time Stones, meaning if you really wanted you can just ignore them and speed through the game. Considering Sonic 2 now has Hidden Palace zone I'm surprised there wasn't a trophy for finding it/completeing it and as for Sonic 3 there could have been one for Hyper Sonic.

Yeah it's quite disappointing isn't it!

I just got Hyper Sonic last night, and now I'm working towards getting Hyper Knuckles and Super Tails as well! Wish they had trophies for those!

Also has anyone else's Rhinobot trophy been not popping? I know the amount killed doesn't tally until you've finished a level, but I've now played through Angel Island with Sonic, another run with Knuckles, and just did a third run with Tails, and still no trophy! I know I killed at least 5 for both Knuckles and Tails because I backtracked everywhere to kill everything on the entire level, but still no trophy!

There's also a mission for killing 15 of them, which I passed of course and still nothing...

8 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Also has anyone else's Rhinobot trophy been not popping? I know the amount killed doesn't tally until you've finished a level, but I've now played through Angel Island with Sonic, another run with Knuckles, and just did a third run with Tails, and still no trophy! I know I killed at least 5 for both Knuckles and Tails because I backtracked everywhere to kill everything on the entire level, but still no trophy!

There's also a mission for killing 15 of them, which I passed of course and still nothing...

There’s been a conversation about this over on the forum for the PS4 version…

As an aside, the enemies in missions don’t count towards the totals for any of those enemy trophies. Suspect that’s because we’re not technically “in” the game.

Edited by BGriff1986

14 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Yeah it's quite disappointing isn't it!

I just got Hyper Sonic last night, and now I'm working towards getting Hyper Knuckles and Super Tails as well! Wish they had trophies for those!

Do what I did, activate debug mode, spawn a whole load of them, kill them, then spawn a goal post and go through it.

34 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Do what I did, activate debug mode, spawn a whole load of them, kill them, then spawn a goal post and go through it.

I don't want to resort to using cheats on my favourite Sonic game, thanks though.

I wonder if maybe it has to be done in Classic Mode?

17 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I don't want to resort to using cheats on my favourite Sonic game, thanks though.

I wonder if maybe it has to be done in Classic Mode?

Definitely doesn’t have to be done on Classic Mode. I (eventually) got it in Anniversary

23 minutes ago, Starlighthed211 said:

I know it's too late since you got the trophy, but the key is you have to kill 10 rhinos within the SAME playthrough.

Are you sure? That’s not how either of the other “kill enemy” trophies work.

The feedback in the other thread was that bonus/special stages reset the counter. Based on my own playthru that feels like it better explains what progress I was(n’t) seeing

2 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

The feedback in the other thread was that bonus/special stages reset the counter. Based on my own playthru that feels like it better explains what progress I was(n’t) seeing

I was thinking this was the reason it wasn't counting. Because I noticed that the enemies respawn after doing the bonus stages, so I would travel back to the start and kill the first 2 again. Doing that would allow me to kill more than 10 in a single run, but still not getting the trophy. I shall try to just replay the level a few times without entering any bonus stages and see if it works! 

1 hour ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I was thinking this was the reason it wasn't counting. Because I noticed that the enemies respawn after doing the bonus stages, so I would travel back to the start and kill the first 2 again. Doing that would allow me to kill more than 10 in a single run, but still not getting the trophy. I shall try to just replay the level a few times without entering any bonus stages and see if it works! 

Are you wearing an elemental shield? That was the other thing that I thought might’ve been affecting things, since technically the fire/lightning is killing them rather than me.

Failing that, give yourself a break and go for the debug strat. That’s what got me over the line in the end!

• 3 months later...

I've been a long time fan of the retro Sonic games, specially I was looking forward to this collection because after long years of waiting we were going to finally get S3&K again, and remastered by the Cannonhead team! But the game proved to be a great dissapointment and I can see clearly now that Sega doesn't give a fuck about Sonic anymore (or at least, about retro game fans) and just wanted to release it quickly to get the moneys. There's plenty of videos already out there in youtube explaning why this collection is a disaster, but if you have been playing these games when they came out in the Mega Drive or even emulated you will quickly notice what's wrong.

As for the trophy list, equally dissapointed since there is no real challenge and you could make much more creative and challenging trophies with these games (as an example you just have to see the achievement lists of Sonic 3 A.I.R.). I am even wondering if they decided to make it a super simple easy to get platinum too to get some extra money for the easy game platinum hunters who would gladly buy it.

After this I don't even know if I should be hopeful about Sonic Frontiers.

• 1 month later...

I am wrapping this up and overall I'm disappointed by the lack of engagement, and the collection itself. Missing audio tracks, few new features, and the like.

On 6/27/2022 at 4:43 AM, Sylvanticore said:

Definitely, I would have loved to have had more trophies attached to different completion tasks. Or just whimsical things that celebrate the collection itself like finish Sonic 2 with Knuckles, Sonic CD with Tails, etc. But as always, a Platinum list is better than no Plat.