Hard Pass Trophy Fix - Disc Version/Possibly Digital

mati11120

8 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

yes i was confused about that at first to.   off subject i think its dumb i cant not use 2 different systems to get platinum faster as its apparently a flaggable offense

Okay. I was confused. I thought the person was saying somehow that we can "Move On" twice. But when I quit to Main Menu, the Hag just continues to next chapter so I hope I did it right. 

2 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

the bad part about playing on xbox is theres 0 way to back your saves, and is u play off line trophies may not pop which mine did not as i went offline in ch 2 but just went back on so i dont think my save is any good now.meaning now that i messed up and got emma killed i gotta replay entire game.

You can back up your save, it's a bit complex to do though and I think I've kind off forgotten now.

I was messing about with it when I was playing Blasphemous on it so that I could use the tracker to work out some very specific trophy requirements (I worked out exactly what 50 or so enemies were needed for one of the trophies.

Iirc, it backs up or transfers every 10 minutes or so and also when you close/open the game. And it downloads if the backup is more recent than the save on the system iirc.

Actually, I just find my text from Google Docs on how to use the backup for Blasphemous, should give an idea..

XBOX - Quit to the Main Menu and then close the game, if Online, this should back up your save. Now load the game up and complete the following next few steps until the Crossing Souls achievement unlocks. Once it does, immediately go into your network settings and go Offline. Now quit the game and delete your save data. Go Online afterwards, then load your game and it should auto-sync the auto-cloud save from before you spoke to Cleofas. Now carry on with the steps AFTER Crossing Souls.

Thank you @mati11120

Worked like a charm. The only consistent method to get the trophy as of today. Sick and tired with chasing the hag encounters.

ps5, disk, updated to 1.02

Closed the game as soon as selected move on. Collected just 1 card per chapter. Killed Jacob in chapter 3 and Emma chapter 4 to accelerate the progress through the story. 
the trophy popped at the end of chapter 5 as soon as you got move on for the last time.

Shout out to @mati11120 This thread works on PS5 Digital Patch version 1.02

I just got the Hard Pass trophy using this method! :D

The trophy popped when selecting MOVE ON at the end of Chapter 5.

Enjoy the Premium Membership to the forum bud. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Datanode1
gifted

Made an account here just to say that this totally worked for me and I got the trophy. PS5 Disc version 1.002
Collected cards in each chapter and selected MOVE ON, then immediately closed the game, booted back up and selected continue. Also killed off Jacob and Emma to speed things up. Got the trophy at the end of chapter 5.

Also for those that think they should wait for a patch, you might have to do a full playthrough on the next patch. But this can be done right now only replaying Prologue to Chapter 5 and took me 3 hours and 20 minutes. Not so bad for a glitched af trophy.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DarkSeraphim666 said:

I'm being genuine when I say this but I'd argue its actually less effort than what it would take to get it legitimately when it's fixed since you only have to go up to chapter 5. The only thing "extra" is closing and opening your game. The amount of time spent doing that wouldn't even come close to the total time spent in chapters 6-8/9 1f604.png

Which seems to make sense but also I don't know if I want to go through it all over again.. I'm debating on whether to give it a shot or not. 

On 25.6.2022 at 1:36 AM, mati11120 said:

Hello after Trying almost every method to get that elusive trophy with community I found working 100% method for disc owners,I'm not sure if this is going to work on digital too so to the work

First of all collect 1 tarot card in every chapter including prologue

Here is the most important thing to unlock this trophy after choose "move on" Look in bottom right for save icon when you see save icon immediately hold ps button-options-close app 

Launch game again,select continue and you should spawn on hag from previous chapter but now after choosing move on,after this cutscene you should see save icon with means another "move on" Has been saved so with this method you can get 2 move on in every chapter.

I got my trophy hard pass after chapter 5 end and selecting move on

Explanation how this works

If you get in 

Prologue - 2x move on

Ch1-2 move on

Ch2-2 move on

Ch3-2 move on

Ch4- 2 move on 

And ch 5-move on 

Total 9 move on so if this trophy worked correctly then this should unlock after chapter 9 end 

Let me know if this method works for you especially digital owners because tomorrow im gonna try with ps5 digital version with this

PS5 Digital Version 1.0.2. WORKS!

Thank you @mati11120 ✌️????

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 2:36 AM, mati11120 said:

Hello after Trying almost every method to get that elusive trophy with community I found working 100% method for disc owners,I'm not sure if this is going to work on digital too so to the work

Here is the most important thing to unlock this trophy after choose "move on" Look in bottom right for save icon when you see save icon immediately hold ps button-options-close app 

Launch game again,select continue and you should spawn on hag from previous chapter but now after choosing move on,after this cutscene you should see save icon with means another "move on" Has been saved so with this method you can get 2 move on in every chapter.

If you get in 

Prologue - 2x move on

Ch1-2 move on

Ch2-2 move on

Ch3-2 move on

Ch4- 2 move on 

And ch 5-move on 

Total 9 move on so if this trophy worked correctly then this should unlock after chapter 9 end 

Let me know if this method works for you especially digital owners because tomorrow im gonna try with ps5 digital version with this

You're an absolute legend my dude, thank you for the help, I just got the trophy as well as the platinum on the patched digital version.

On 6/25/2022 at 2:36 AM, mati11120 said:

If you get in 

Prologue - 2x move on

Ch1-2 move on

Ch2-2 move on

Ch3-2 move on

Ch4- 2 move on 

And ch 5-move on 

One more thing to add as it happened to me and I don't know if its the same for other people, when I trigger the option 'move on' I don't get the save icon on the bottom right, but I kept quitting and reloading and it worked fine.

Edited by CyberQuill
  • Like 2

I'm not getting the option to "move on" again as it's not showing that the game is saving, I quit out and reload the game for Eliza to carry on talking to me as I made the decision to "move on", I'm hoping this works out. .__. 

• Like 1

Just now, Datanode1 said:

Yeah I was confused at that as well but

as long as she has her speech when you reload it, you'll be fine.

Okay, that's good to know that I'm going down the right track. Because I really and I mean really want to be done with this game. I put it off for about a week or two as it was driving me insane going for this one last trophy for the platinum. 

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

So what exactly do you do for digital? Say move on and immediately close? I read close with PlayStation button on remote and someone else said just go to the menu

people have done either based on the comments. I'm only on Chapter 2 right now so hopefully in a few hours I will finally have this Plat!

Been lurking around on all the Hard Pass related topics for a few days now. 

Huge thanks to everyone who’s taken the time

to try out different things/runs all for the sake of this buggy mess we call a trophy. 

I managed to get it to pop earlier today on PS5 V1.02 digital edition by using Mati’s method: 

Simply find at least one tarot card in every chapter from the Prologue onwards, then choose move on and immediately hold down your PS button to return to the Home Screen. Close the software, then open it back up and resume from where you were. It should pick up right as Eliza makes her comment about you not wanting to see more, then proceed through the next chapter as normal. 

It popped for me right as I pressed move on at the end of Chapter 5, which going off the assumption that every close/reset results in an extra counter tracked, would make it exactly 11 times. (2x for Prologue + Chapters 1 through 4 equals 10, then Chapter 5 is what pops it.)

I fully believe the developers fucked up and made it so the check for Hard Pass requires refusing Eliza 11 times. I assume this is because there’s technically 11 chapters if you include the prologue, but Chapter 10 doesn’t offer you any chance to see more/move on because visions no longer matter at that point. 

Also, can confirm this doesn’t do anything negative to your console or the save data because of how meticulous the auto save feature is. 

Happy to answer any other questions if people still aren’t sure, or are worried about the steps.

Edited by Chaos9160
  • Like 1