UGC Maintenance

snakebit10

Sucker Punch has confirmed on twitter that UGC for InFamous 2 will have maintenance done so they can remain online for a bit longer. 

"We know many people still play these games even today, so we’ll be performing maintenance on inFAMOUS 2 UGC servers soon to move them to a new home that will keep them up and running a bit longer. We will eventually need to sunset these, but want to keep them running for as long as possible for players who are still active."

https://www.suckerpunch.com/upcoming-infamous-2-ugc-maintenance-and-legacy-franchises/

Some good news!

Edit* Seems like these posts were merged. 

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What about the Infamous spin-off, will those servers be kept up?

I would be very surprised if IFoB used different servers,

I assume that PS Premium is gonna keep them alive a little longer, not that I don't already have the trophies, but it's still nice.

• Like 2

Must only be costing them pennies to keep those servers up  because otherwise I'm surprised they're still around, pretty much every other major first party PlayStation game from the PS3 era with online has had their servers pulled now

• Like 3

I'm not surprised UGC servers are going down, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. It's a shame that Sucker Punch has no plans to return to Sly Cooper or inFamous, while I love Ghost of Tsushima, I wish they would return to the games that brought Sucker Punch to fame.

Even if it's just a remake similar to the Crash Trilogy for Sly Cooper, I'm down for it. I do wonder what their plans are for future games if they're doing a Ghosts of Tsushima sequel or another new IP.

1 hour ago, dakk55 said:

I'm not surprised UGC servers are going down,

But... they're not going down, yes they said they'll shut them down one day, but that's true of literally everything. We have no date and can assume it'll be fine for a while.

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, breakingthegreen said:

But... they're not going down, yes they said they'll shut them down one day, but that's true of literally everything. We have no date and can assume it'll be fine for a while.

But why take the chance? It's not too far off to estimate it'll shut down by next year or two. Ubisoft's shutting down its PS3 servers this September.

20 hours ago, BEARDLESSVlKlNG said:

I kind of want to get the multiplayer trophies out of the way soon so I can one day return to the game and platinum it. How long would it take to get to the point where UGC is unlocked? Is it a big chunk of the game? :)

Shouldnt take you long at all. I beat the game while doing 60 side quests (i realized after typing my initial question about GDC missions counting as side quests that it was a dumb question lol) in just under 30hrs. Add maybe an hour or two for gdc missions. Just find easy combat ones i would say.