Act 5 is Coming

MANU1950

https://www.achievementstats.com/index.php?action=games&gameId=924970

The trophy images will also be in the link.

3792633.jpg                                                              :bronze: Act 5 recruit: Complete all act 5 maps on recruit difficulty or higher

3792634.jpg                                          :bronze: Act 5 veteran: Complete all act 5 maps on Veteran difficulty or higher

3792635.jpg                                         :bronze: Act 5 clearner: Complete all act 5 maps on Nightmare difficulty or higher

3792636.jpg                                          :bronze: Act 5 ace: Complete all act 5 maps on No hope difficulty

3792637.jpg                                             :bronze: Left Fork Dead End?  Find the secret in Act 5

3792638.jpg                                           :bronze: Jar Jar Bonks: Hit a Pusflinger with a bait jar

3792639.jpg                                         :bronze: Force Majeure claws: Kill a slasher with iron claws

3792640.jpg                                         :bronze: Who snipes the snipers? Kill a sniper with a sniper rifle

3792641.jpg                                         :bronze: Take a bow: Kill a crone with a bow

3792642.jpg                                         :bronze: Smoke and mirrors without the mirrors: Use a smoke pouch to be hidden while at critical health

3792643.jpg                                          :bronze: Barely made it: Jump over the cultist bear trap without stepping in it

3792644.jpg                                         :bronze: Duffel brothers: Bring 11 duffel bags to the saferoom

3792645.jpg                                           :bronze: Balanced meal: Have at least 5 different food buffs at once

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 1

On 07/09/22 at 1:17 PM, PortaLuna said:

100% bronze 1f644.png 

You can also join someone in Act 5? I joined a No Hope in Act 3 without completing Nightmare.

You could but that would mean you have one attempt each time. Matchmaking will be disabled too which also means you basically need a friend that finished No hope.

Edited by gamercris066

Sounds like an unnecessary pain in the backside to have No Hope Act 5 as a trophy, given we have to now go back and complete the game's entire campaign again and now without matchmaking. Once a scum dev team, always a scum dev team I guess.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20 July 2022 at 4:17 AM, VigilantCrow said:

Sounds like an unnecessary pain in the backside to have No Hope Act 5 as a trophy, given we have to now go back and complete the game's entire campaign again and now without matchmaking.

A couple of things to note here. First up, as far as I'm aware (I haven't looked into it much) there hasn't been any confirmation that you'd need to complete Acts 1 through 4 on a select difficulty to unlock it for Act 5. Whilst it seems logical, since this is additional content however it may be accessible on all difficulties so long as you've beaten the base game acts. It may require it, sure, but I've seen countless games allow access to additional content on all difficulties without even needing to play the base game at all. But like I say, haven't looked into it, maybe it's been confirmed already. I am only aware of Act 5 coming, the achievement list and 2 new cards, nothing else.

Second thing, I think many people have over-estimated the difficulty of potentially having to go into a full No Hope playthrough by basing it on their older versions of Nightmare experiences. Nightmare got nerfed into the ground and No Hope more or less just acts as the new replacement for Nightmare. Solo is also incredibly easy nowadays with easier objectives compared to online and the AI have been significantly improved and even carry decks with very useful team benefits (one noteworthy aspect with one card is that they don't take trauma damage anyway so the fact they have the card that heals on triggering a horde, this basically gives them free heals frequently from objectives, timed hordes and you can even trigger one on purpose in advantageous positions). AIs don't die nearly as often and are really good focus damage on bosses and heavy enemies. Speedrun decks are also much more powerful thanks to the fact you can start with all your decks cards at once. Melee decks are also super OP. Act 4 has seen a big change that there's no endless hordes anymore and the AI don't continuously kill themselves too. No more need to carry a dozen defibs and roll a medic deck just to keep your AIs ticking to scrape through Act 4.

The main new difficulties of No Hope are that objectives are a little higher (mostly notable with nests) and the roaming boss on every stage. The thing about the boss however is most bosses aren't big threats anymore. A lot of levels aren't best suited for Ogres so you can hide and kill them in safety, Breakers seem to get absolutely melted by the AIs, so if you don't lose too much focus on the other enemies like Tallboys etc. you'll be fine and the Hag finally doesn't get constantly alerted by your AIs, they'll only focus fire if YOU alert it but regardless, they melt the Hag even faster than a Breaker!

Heck, if you learn anything from this post its that AI are no longer a burden you need to babysit with defibs, they are borderline a carry by themselves! Just as long as you position yourself well. The only issue is you'll likely want the Down In Front card (I think that was the name) because they will run into your line of sight constantly and friendly fire is absolutely lethal in No Hope so negating that is pretty much an essential card for solo play.

Also, don't understand how or why this makes them a scum dev team? They may very well be for some reason or another, but this ain't it?

16 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Snipped 

You can't play Act 2 of No Hope, without finishing Act 1. Logically you'd have to complete 1-4 before starting 5. Might be different on lower difficulties, but it's been a very long time since I played on those.

I've also noticed the bots are much better now, compared to the early days. That being said they still refuse to help if you get grabbed, use their grenades on singular enemies rather than on specials and fire at walls if enemies clip through walls, rather than the ones attacking them (some sort of proximity priority I guess). It adds up quick on No Hope when something like a Ferocious Tallboy hits for 60+ damage.

These are the same guys who built Evolve and we know how that went, so there's a massive strike. Now we're seeing a game where the core mechanics are based on 4 player coop, remove the ability to actually matchmake with other players on the difficulty. That's a scummy move and it seems like a fair reason to call them scum. 

Edited by VigilantCrow

9 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:You can't play Act 2 of No Hope, without finishing Act 1. Logically you'd have to complete 1-4 before starting 5. Might be different on lower difficulties, but it's been a very long time since I played on those.

I agree with the logic as I noted before, it's just that because of this being additional content there's still the slim chance it may be treated as a separate entity and not have the same prerequisites as other acts.

9 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

These are the same guys who built Evolve and we know how that went, so there's a massive strike. Now we're seeing a game where the core mechanics are based on 4 player coop, remove the ability to actually matchmake with other players on the difficulty. That's a scummy move and it seems like a fair reason to call them scum. 

It is an odd choice to outright disallow public matchmaking. I feel like some of the reason could be the idea that unprepared players could drop into these games and either leech their way through No Hope by jumping in random games and sitting there dead all match or maybe maybe just generally screw everyone over with either friendly fire or alerting hordes but this could be solved by just making a prerequisite to being able to play No Hope in Act 1, something like requiring them to have beaten it on at Nightmare first or something. Considering it's suited more for coordinated coop rather than drop-in it doesn't seem the worst thing in the world though as likely you'll just get frustrated with random players anyway. I know I could be at times when I'd queue up for Nightmare while I was grinding out the ridden kills. You'd have either people in way over their heads (mostly just an Act 1 issue), someone arrogant who makes no allowances for anyone else's strategies and bosses everyone because 'they know best' or someone playing a solo speedrun deck running ahead and either failing or just waiting at the next safe room doing nothing if they succeed. Sometimes I'd rather not roll the dice with strangers anyway xD

• Like 1

Just found out you don't need to reach Act 4 no hope to access Act 5 no hope. You can access Act 5 no hope once you purchased the DLC or have a friend host that purchased the DLC. So you don't need to finish the entire story again on a higher difficulty.

• 3 weeks later...

Prophet Dan abilities.

Fa8PzVWXkAAjTBk.jpg

On 08/20/22 at 8:01 AM, Mouton33 said:

Oh no , not again , have to do the no hope difficulty? i have never try it , but the nightmare in the past is really really tough and hard , but i have found some rare people can solo the missions for people , running and jump like a rabbit 120km/h loooool.

I just used a melee deck and gave the bots the legendary defibrillator. Its very overpowered, hopefully they don't remove it when this update comes out.

Edited by gamercris066

On 08/27/22 at 3:04 AM, Mouton33 said:

Where is drop the legendary defibrillator? i have leave the game after the last DLC pay. so it's a while i dont have play it.

They appear in the ridden hive warp chest.

Edited by gamercris066

Personally I finished the game in no hope on the 4 act and it was of the same level as the nigtmare in the beginning of the game. If the game requires you to finish all the acts in no hope to launch the dlc I would have at least that much done.
I hope the dlc won't be too difficult in no hope because when I watch the trailer there is a kind of arena and it might be difficult if you can't run like in most of the missions in the base game.

It's not a game that I love, I hope they won't put this kind of dlc anymore, because it bugs me to have to go back and fight again on this game x)

Edited by tobaldou
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, tobaldou said:

Personally I finished the game in no hope on the 4 act and it was of the same level as the nigtmare in the beginning of the game. If the game requires you to finish all the acts in no hope to launch the dlc I would have at least that much done.
I hope the dlc won't be too difficult in no hope because when I watch the trailer there is a kind of arena and it might be difficult if you can't run like in most of the missions in the base game.

It's not a game that I love, I hope they won't put this kind of dlc anymore, because it bugs me to have to go back and fight again on this game x)

It should be easy as long as they didn't nerf the melee cards again. At least playing with bots they bring the team effects you need for the melee build.