"Error Searching For Games"

nrs1nrs1

Just now, luketheduke12 said:

Well, I imagine it's both now. With normal settings, I was able to join and create lobbies just a bit ago. There were other players, too, when there used to be no one.

The new servers are still better. They are flawless and friend challenges crucially work. Now for them to fix Wolfenstein 09. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I am unable to login to the multiplayer on PS3, I wonder if particular DNS settings or something about the Blur servers are what’s letting Luke in. Cause I’m having zero luck and haven’t since July.

• Like 1

Extremely tempted to send an email to someone higher up at Demonware or Activision who might be able to provide some answers. The lack of recourse is what truly frustrates me about this situation. If we could convince them to take a look, even if afterward they said “okay you get 3 more months with active servers” that would at least accomplish something. I only need 23 more Extermination matches before I’m done with the online, and I’m tired of adding unobtainables to my account.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I've tried several times today, and they don't work for me. I've never messed with my settings. 

Google's Public DNS settings should also work in letting you access Singularity. Simply input Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4 in your manual internet setup on PS3 and it should allow you to join public lobbies. We're still figuring out a consistent and uniform solution so if it doesn't work right away, let us know. We want this to be functional and non-flaggable for everyone.

• Like 4

One caveat is that being able to host and join lobbies normally still seems elusive for most players. I'm not sure if different DNS settings rectifies that part for everyone. I believe needing to join a friend who could host was a common problem in Singularity prior to the servers' becoming even more broken last year, too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I've tried several times today, and they don't work for me. I've never messed with my settings. 

The biggest question is - Did game allow you into mp menu? If you can but got error on finding game or trying to host. You might only force few time friends invites and dont acctually need to change dns settings.

Edited by Beliar4
typos
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Beliar4 said:

The biggest question is - Did game allow you into mp menu? If you can but got error on finding game or trying to host. You might only force few time friends invites and dont acctually need to change dns settings.

It did not. I would have likely noted so if it had, it simply fails as soon as I selected multiplayer. 

On 2023-02-12 at 8:08 PM, nrs1nrs1 said:

Google's Public DNS settings should also work in letting you access Singularity. Simply input Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4 in your manual internet setup on PS3 and it should allow you to join public lobbies. We're still figuring out a consistent and uniform solution so if it doesn't work right away, let us know. We want this to be functional and non-flaggable for everyone.

I just tried these DNS settings and I still get the same result, “Failed to connect to Activision’s Demonware servers” 

1 hour ago, Vatch_ said:

I just tried these DNS settings and I still get the same result, “Failed to connect to Activision’s Demonware servers” 

It seems results are still incredibly inconsistent, as players seem to be sorted into three categories:

1. Can connect without issue (and potentially can host matches!)

2. Unable to access MP from the first menu without putting in an Open DNS setting, at which point MP becomes available.

3. Completely unable to join MP, even after altering your DNS settings.

We're still trying to figure out a consistent solution, but hopefully stability is just a matter of time, and more solutions are discovered as workarounds in the meantime.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xAleksi22 said:

Interesting

I can finally access multiplayer menu but i get error when trying to search a match

This was a problem even before the crash. Some people are unable to search for games and have to be manually invited in by a hosting player. We’re not sure why that is…

• 1 month later...

I just booted up the game for the first time and am unable to access the MP, even after changing the DNS settings. Does anyone have a solution to this, or is it just a matter of trying again another day?

On 14/02/2023 at 4:12 PM, Vatch_ said:

I see you've gotten the platinum now, how did you solve the issue?

Edited by mattigummi45
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, nino_mustdie said:

I have all the multiplayer trophies now and I'd like to post what I know:

To reach the multiplayer menu, you'll need to change your DNS settings to 188 . 225 . 75 . 35 (on the first line) and 1 . 1 . 1 . 1 (on the second line).  After that, you should be able to look at the leader boards and then start a private match.  The private match option is pointless though since everything needs to be done on a public match.

Those DNS settings worked like a charm, thank you so much!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2023 at 5:03 AM, nino_mustdie said:

To reach the multiplayer menu, you'll need to change your DNS settings to 188 . 225 . 75 . 35 (on the first line) and 1 . 1 . 1 . 1 (on the second line).  After that, you should be able to look at the leader boards and then start a private match.  The private match option is pointless though since everything needs to be done on a public match.

This IP appears to be linked to the Transformers ReEnergized project, and therefore likely flaggable. Just a heads up..

21 minutes ago, iXanon said:

This IP appears to be linked to the Transformers ReEnergized project, and therefore likely flaggable. Just a heads up..

I'm not sure who found the DNS settings but none of the players ever mentioned a Transformers game.  If you put in the DNS settings then you can see the Singularity leaderboard.  So I don't believe players should be flagged.