Which DLC to buy?

MrHealthy

I see the Season pass for $20 CAD. But I also see the Insurgent Pack $10 CAD and Intercept for $8 CAD.

Do I need to buy the season pass for any trophies or can all the DLC be done in the separate versions saving me $2 bucks?

I assume PS+ Extra does not include the DLC?

EDIT: Went for the individual purchases. Doesn't seem like the season pass has any advantages unless its cheaper in your region.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

good question, on the US store intercept is 6 and insurgent is 10, then season pass is 20.  There's also a 10th anniversary dlc for 10 but don't think that is needed.  Might as well save the 4 bucks and not buy the season pass, shadow of mordor is the same way where not buying the season pass saves you money by just getting them individually.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

Least they could do was to give discount for SP when it was not on sale for such a long time now. I'm thinking to skip this one just becouse i don't want to pay full price for closing multiplayer dlc.

Skip it. It's not a good game anyway. Neither singleplayer nor multiplayer.

Edited by Solid-Fisch

28 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

Least they could do was to give discount for SP when it was not on sale for such a long time now. I'm thinking to skip this one just becouse i don't want to pay full price for closing multiplayer dlc.

Yeah, see no reason they don't just make the DLC free.

• Like 3

You need the following 2 DLCs (Links are for US PSN store):

1) Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept Online Co-Op Expansion (price tag currently at $5,99) --> Link

2) Killzone Shadow Fall Insurgent Pack (price tag currently at $9,99) --> Link 

Season pass price: $19,99 --> Link 

The Insurgent Pack features the Insurgent as a new class in MP, with skills you need to boost like you had to do in the basegame. Boosting the Insurgent's skills with bots is horrible. Also the Insurgent pack is the DLC with the online collectibles grind. Also each other class needs to score some kills with a new weapon. 

Look at the trophy guides for further details: https://psnprofiles.com/guides/2237-killzone-shadow-fall

Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept with price tag currently at $9,99 should be the stand-alone version of Intercept. This version has a separate trophy list, featuring the trophies from the normal co-op expansion and some added trophies which are only in the stand-alone. --> Link

- Trophy guide for the Intercept stand-alone --> Link

Seems to be the case that only the basegame and the Intercept stand-alone version are free with PS Extra. The DLCs seem to be not included.

Edited by Geridian
Added and checked information
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JaKMagnus said:

Thanks. Really hoping only need to buy Insurgent.

Please read again: If you want to 100% the trophy set of the game, you must also buy the Intercept DLC since the item titled Intercept and available through PS Extra for free is the stand-alone version of Intercept. And the stand-alone version of Intercept has a separate trophy list.
In this case, from OPs point of view: 

• OP needs to buy the Insurgent Pack $10 CAD and Intercept for $8 CAD, which OP did due to the information in the comment.
  • The Intercept PS store item with the higher pricetag should be the stand-alone with the separate trophy list.

They should at least make a season pass free for remaining days.

Desperate players buying passes and DLCs = Lots of money incoming ?

Only few weeks left and probably not worth to stress it now.

My recommendation is:

- If somebody is interested in the single player story only, play on a separate account. 

- If somebody started the game and stopped playing the game and it's MP: If you are interested in maintaining a 100% profile, return to MP asap.

Had really fun with MP on Mercenary back in the day.

For me this was my first Killzone game. Imo the SP can make some fun and the MP is very grindy, but this seems to be normal for Killzone games.

Also the singleplayer mode can run on constant 60FPS at 1080p on PS5, which makes the game better. The multiplayer mode still runs on a lower resolution but also with 60FPS even on PS5, due to the games coding.

Edited by Geridian
Information added
  • Like 1

On 23.7.2022 at 6:18 PM, BlueFoxYOT said:

Which DLC to buy if I own PSPLUS premium? only Insurgent?

Just look some posts above yours: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/129740-which-dlc-to-buy/?do=findComment&comment=2596689

/edit See this post and realize that you also need to buy the Intercept DLC, even if you bought or posses the stand-alone: 

Edited by Geridian
Link added, text deleted

On 23/07/2022 at 7:36 PM, Geridian said:

Just look some posts above yours: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/129740-which-dlc-to-buy/?do=findComment&comment=2596689
Also somebody mentioned somewhere else that you get the Intercept DLC trophies, when you got every trophy in the Intercept stand-alone (which is free with PS Extra) and logon into multiplayer mode.. But since you can see the online collectibles chests without owning any DLC, but can only destroy them when you have bought the Insurgent DLC i would not count on this.

It only auto pops the stand alone intercept trophies on the dlc intercept if you own the dlc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gforce-92 said:

It only auto pops the stand alone intercept trophies on the dlc intercept if you own the dlc. 

Yes, known since yesterday: 

Fragmentation of information happens fast, when people ask the same questions in xyz topics. ?