Are the challenges on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla hard?

Lucibur

I was wondering if anyone's gotten Assassin's Creed: Valhalla to 100% of trophies as I'm working my way through the DLCs and I'm currently working on Dawn of Ragnarök. Once I'm done with the DLC I have the Mastery Challenges to move onto and then the new DLC that's dropped yet. - Also, I'm not sure when that's even going to be available to play. To anyone who's done the Master Challenges, do you have tips? 

Just now, FresHOnline_ said:

the mastery challenges are not hard but things do have to go your way , watch sum walkthroughs on youtube and focus on 1 challenge 

I do have a YouTube video tabbed for when I do get around to trying them out for myself. I've heard they're not easy, so I was just curious if that's true or not. Thank you! 

3 minutes ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

@Lucibur  So how are you enjoying the game so far?  Saw it on the PS Plus Extra and was debating on downloading it.

Oh, I really had a blast with it when I first beat the main story back in 2020. I just have been meaning to go back and work on the DLCs for ages, so I'm on the grind right now. I'd recommend the game. I'm even willing to go as far as play the PS5 version. I've heard it looks better and runs smoother. I think you should look into it.

• Like 1

The challenge from these challenges  comes from how broken the mechanics are. Read some of the forum posts to get more insight. But in short, the stealth challenges can be inconsistent and will give you the most trouble. The archery and combat challenges are pretty easy though with maybe 3-4 giving you some trouble. 

The only real tip I have for you is to look at the skills they’ve given you. There’s most likely a reason they were given as a part of a preset load out. Knockout arrows are obvious but challenges where a jump attack ability is present is most likely a form of traversal, for example jumping over spikes or large gaps. 

At launch the challenges were virtually broken but patches fixed most of the problems so you should be fine. Second set is easier than first set of challenges. 4-5/10 difficulty for both. 

Tombs and story DLC’s are easy, no need to worry about those.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BestUsername---- said:

The challenge from these challenges  comes from how broken the mechanics are. Read some of the forum posts to get more insight. But in short, the stealth challenges can be inconsistent and will give you the most trouble. The archery and combat challenges are pretty easy though with maybe 3-4 giving you some trouble. 

The only real tip I have for you is to look at the skills they’ve given you. There’s most likely a reason they were given as a part of a preset load out. Knockout arrows are obvious but challenges where a jump attack ability is present is most likely a form of traversal, for example jumping over spikes or large gaps. 

At launch the challenges were virtually broken but patches fixed most of the problems so you should be fine. Second set is easier than first set of challenges. 4-5/10 difficulty for both. 

Tombs and story DLC’s are easy, no need to worry about those.

Okay, thank you. 

I'll look into it more once I'm done with the DLC. I'm just not looking forward to some of the challenges as it is anyway. ?

Just now, MarcusPunisher said:

I had few glitch on me so I gave up. IT wasn't worth the effort. :( 

That's one of the worst things to have happen when you put so much time and effort into a game. ? I'm sorry you had to go through that.

• Like 1

I did them recently, it's one of those things that it's not really skill based but more based on what way you approach them.

Some were easy enough for me to get first try, while others i would take upto 20 try's just go pass it.

Part 2 is easier then part 1 though.

• Like 1

Just now, Jason-DFG said:

I did them recently, it's one of those things that it's not really skill based but more based on what way you approach them.

Some were easy enough for me to get first try, while others i would take upto 20 try's just go pass it.

Part 2 is easier then part 1 though.

I guess you just have to have patience with these challenges from the sounds of it. 

Just now, Darth_Krid said:

More DLC coming next week, so everyone will be off 100% :D

I noticed the new DLC trophies get added recently. As long as I get what I can before next week and then come back to work on the new DLC to be at 100% I'll be very happy! ?

I've recently done the challenges. 

They're not difficult but they are very buggy in many ways, AI isnt consistent and can change from run to run. Items like mushrooms and bombs that you need can stop spawning so you have to quit out. Poison kills are always weird, so in the videos above, he will poison an enemy which will attract other enemies, this might not happen. Explosions might not always kill enemies as intended.

Its more luck based than skill based, as soon as you understand how the points and medals work its simple, its the game and the mechanics you're fighting against. It shows that the game wasnt designed to do this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Silocia said:

They're not difficult but they are very buggy in many ways, AI isnt consistent and can change from run to run. Items like mushrooms and bombs that you need can stop spawning so you have to quit out. Poison kills are always weird, so in the videos above, he will poison an enemy which will attract other enemies, this might not happen. Explosions might not always kill enemies as intended.

Its more luck based than skill based, as soon as you understand how the points and medals work its simple, its the game and the mechanics you're fighting against. It shows that the game wasnt designed to do this.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. This^

2 minutes ago, Silocia said:

I'll be putting it to the test soon enough, thank you.

12 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Have a drink handy, be ready to curse like a sailor, and don’t be afraid to take a break. If you push through, you’ll be fine.

I'll keep that in mind. Because these sort of things do make me swear a lot as it were.

I've just done the first three challenges you have to do as part of the quest and damn, they seemed pretty basic and not too difficult. The stealthy one was the one I struggled with out of the three. It feels doable, I just don't see myself working on every challenge in one day because it gets tedious if I'm honest. ?

Out of the 27 challenges (I think?) around 5-6 can be frustrating to play, again this has already been said many times in this thread, not due to gameplay difficulty but bugs.

Namely, the stealth missions were a ballache to complete. The enemy's line of sight can travel a distance that can rival a hawk, not to mention a spontaneous look back because you moved a pebble can cause an instant reset if you're going for all medals. Other issues can be: the assassination prompt may not appear (especially when an enemy is examining a dead body), Eivor decides that he doesn't like holding on to a ledge and will pull himself up sitting on top of it sticking out like a sore thumb and when aiming for weak points the chest area, although the largest of hitboxes, does not register and you have to aim for their crotch (hilarious Ubi devs).

An incentive to complete this game mode, aside from trophies, is the Legacy Valkyrie set, which, imo, when fully upgraded to divine tier is one of the best-looking armour sets with nice combat perks for end game.

Edited by Blasphemous_Bish
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blasphemous_Bish said:

Out of the 27 challenges (I think?) around 5-6 can be frustrating to play, again this has already been said many times in this thread, not due to gameplay difficulty but bugs.

Namely, the stealth missions were a ballache to complete. The enemy's line of sight can travel a distance that can rival a hawk, not to mention a spontaneous look back because you moved a pebble can cause an instant reset if you're going for all medals. Other issues can be: the assassination prompt may not appear (especially when an enemy is examining a dead body), Eivor decides that he doesn't like holding on to a ledge and will pull himself up sitting on top of it sticking out like a sore thumb and when aiming for weak points the chest area, although the largest of hitboxes, does not register and you have to aim for their crotch (hilarious Ubi devs).

An incentive to complete this game mode, aside from trophies, is the Legacy Valkyrie set, which, imo, when fully upgraded to divine tier is one of the best-looking armour sets with nice combat perks for end game.

I've done only four challenges so far and all of them took a couple of attempts, especially the stealth ones and when I got them done it felt good. 
I'm taking my time with the rest of them as I know I won't want to be dealing with them all day, I had decided to do three a day but then I got caught up on other games and I've been left feeling burnt out on the game as I was grinding on both the Paris and Ragnarök DLCs in the same week.

I tip my hat off to everyone who's gotten all the challenges done already. - I can't wait to have them all done and hope to god that Ubisoft doesn't decide to come out with more when the mechanics for the current challenges are beyond a joke anyway.