PS4/PS5 Connection problems SOLVED.

PatexM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 10:09 PM, PatexM said:

Hi all, just wanted to drop a forum post about the server connection problems people are experiencing in AC Unity. I had tried everything in my router, and nothing solved the problem (And I am a Network Engineer ;)). 

The solution: Unbind your PSN profile link from Ubisoft Connect. Then restart AC Unity, when continuing your game, you will get a new prompt asking you to bind your Uplay account with PSN, select NO.

Link to Ubisoft Connect (U play) portal: https://account.ubisoft.com/en-GB/account-information

Now you can load into AC Unity and successfully play the co-op missions for the achievements.

Do you need to do this everytime this problem occurs? Or is it just a 1 time thing to do?

3 hours ago, ZKVJK said:

the unlinking part did not work?

Yep unlinking changed nothing for me. Still couldn't manage to connect to the online part.

Okay so figured I would try again before going to bed. This time I switched from Ethernet to wifi and it surprisingly worked. Not sure why but at least I am able to access the online now. 

Edited by jakD_710
New knowledge obtained

• 1 month later...

Following up, I did the unlink/relink yesterday and nothing changed except that it took a little longer for the error message to come up. Seeing how the only trophies I have left are for the multiplayer revives and kills, is this plat going to be obtainable if majority of people can't even connect to their servers?

• Like 2

Worked like a charm. Thanks

On 08/08/2022 at 10:09 PM, PatexM said:

Hi all, just wanted to drop a forum post about the server connection problems people are experiencing in AC Unity. I had tried everything in my router, and nothing solved the problem (And I am a Network Engineer ;)). 

The solution: Unbind your PSN profile link from Ubisoft Connect. Then restart AC Unity, when continuing your game, you will get a new prompt asking you to bind your Uplay account with PSN, select NO.

Link to Ubisoft Connect (U play) portal: https://account.ubisoft.com/en-GB/account-information

Now you can load into AC Unity and successfully play the co-op missions for the achievements.

• Like 1

Just adding my own experience for reference. I’m using wifi on a standard PS4, if that makes any difference? Unlinking UPlay definitely works for me, as I see the multiplayer options come back. However, the moment I relink my UPlay account, it brings back the error messages.

I haven’t completed any of the coop trophies with friends yet, as I was only messing around with this the other day. No idea why this is so buggy in this particular game? I’ve never run into any connection issues with other Ubisoft games before.

Edited by SmileSlice
Added additional information.
  • Like 2

Hi. Just to also confirm my experience that when I unlinked I could do co-op again. I had done one trophy a couple of weeks back whilst linked but done the other one now unlinked and TBF was only doing co-op to get platinum. At least it's a solution to the trophy problem, if not the underlying issue. The hardest part was finding someone to match with in the co-op missions as the game is now so old

Edited by big_jim_1979

• 1 month later...

So I did the unlink and got the same error. I then read a bit and it talked about NAT types. I've had no issues with Assassin's Creed games this year, don't think it's that. Just to be sure I resetup my internet connection on my ps4. I changed none of my settings and that fixed the problem. Thought I would drop this here to be helpful. Unlink and reset your network settings on ps4 worked for me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Trying this with a friend of mine for 2 days now. Unlinking Uplay and reconnecting Uplay, did that several times, nothing happens. Even made a Club we both joined and we are able to sent eachother invites, but after inviting nothing happens. After 1 minute we get a pop-up that the connection failed. We are both running PS5 system with NAT on Type 2. Anybody any advice?

I was able to get it working somehow. On my main account, I started a coop mission once I was inside the coop mission, I invited my secondary account on the ps4 and a bit later got a message on main account saying secondary account had joined. I unlinked both and invited while in open map and it kept saying could not join before. After I started the mission solo, I was able to get the invite working. NAT type 2. PS5,PS4. Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...
On 8.8.2022 at 10:09 PM, PatexM said:

works! start private session and invite a friend, done! 

thanks you so much for this advise

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

it's not working for me. just so I'm clear, is the sequence:

1. unlink accounts on the website

2. start the game. when prompted to link, select "No".

3. re-link accounts via the website

4. restart the game again?

I've tried various combinations of this with zero success.

I have also reset the PS4 wifi (twice, switching to 5G and back) and checked my NAT type, which is Type 2. I've done port forwarding as suggested on Ubisoft's page for that in AC Unity. Followed three different guides to finally figure it out on my wifi router and it didn't work. the only difference is that it now takes longer to try and fail establishing the connection to the Ubisoft servers.

EDIT:

long story short: you're supposed to unlink the accounts through the browser, but I took that to mean you had to re-link them there too. What you actually have to do is not manually relink them at all. Just start the game, select "no" when asked to relink when selecting "Continue" from the main menu, and the game automatically figures it out when your game is loaded.

anyways, anyone want to play co-op? my username is my PSN.

Edited by iansm3
  • Like 1