Member Interviews: Lava_Yuki

Charizarzar

Awesome interview @Lava_Yuki! I see we have a lot of similar favorites in terms of games & game series. Love me those older Harvest Moon titles. I'd kill for a Magical Melody port/remaster on PS4/5 as it's my favorite title in the series. As for the Persona OSTs, my personal favorite would have to be Persona 5 Strikers. I'm a big Rock/Metal fan & the OST for that game just itches all the right spots.

Also I see you're a big fan of the Tales of series. I tired to get into it but just couldn't. Tales of Symphonia was kicking my ass & I dropped it pretty quickly (though this was back in 2016 where I dropped games more easily) & then tried Tales of Zestiria back in 2017 which I dropped around the half-way point of the game because it started to get really boring. Would you recommend going back to Zestiria (I don't own Symphonia anymore so can't go back to that one) or trying to start with a different Tales of game to get into the series and then go back to Zestiria since according to a lot of Tales of fans, it's the worst of the series. Or do you think after those experiences I still wouldn't be a fan of the series?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Awesome interview @Lava_Yuki! I see we have a lot of similar favorites in terms of games & game series. Love me those older Harvest Moon titles. I'd kill for a Magical Melody port/remaster on PS4/5 as it's my favorite title in the series. As for the Persona OSTs, my personal favorite would have to be Persona 5 Strikers. I'm a big Rock/Metal fan & the OST for that game just itches all the right spots.

Also I see you're a big fan of the Tales of series. I tired to get into it but just couldn't. Tales of Symphonia was kicking my ass & I dropped it pretty quickly (though this was back in 2016 where I dropped games more easily) & then tried Tales of Zestiria back in 2017 which I dropped around the half-way point of the game because it started to get really boring. Would you recommend going back to Zestiria (I don't own Symphonia anymore so can't go back to that one) or trying to start with a different Tales of game to get into the series and then go back to Zestiria since according to a lot of Tales of fans, it's the worst of the series. Or do you think after those experiences I still wouldn't be a fan of the series?

Thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed reading my interview! Yeah the P5 Strikers had an awesome OST as well, I liked the way they made the battle music more rock. 

I'd recommend trying a different Tales game, as Symphonia and Zestiria are the two with so many faults, steeper learning curve and just a lot of frustrating things. Even I had given up on the platinum for Symphonia, and with Zestiria I had come back to it after 7 years! So these wouldn't be games I'd recommend if you never played Tales before unless you are a real fan of the series and want to play them all, or want to collect Tales platinums. These titles even put me off, I just pushed through because they were Tales but it was after having played all the others.  

On PS4/5 I recommend Vesperia which is my favourite, Arise which is the easiest to play as it's modern and plays really well, and Berseria for story and also has a fun battle system. If you still have a PS3, then Graces F, Xillia 1 and 2 are great games all with great battle systems and characters. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed reading my interview! Yeah the P5 Strikers had an awesome OST as well, I liked the way they made the battle music more rock. 

I'd recommend trying a different Tales game, as Symphonia and Zestiria are the two with so many faults, steeper learning curve and just a lot of frustrating things. Even I had given up on the platinum for Symphonia, and with Zestiria I had come back to it after 7 years! So these wouldn't be games I'd recommend if you never played Tales before unless you are a real fan of the series and want to play them all, or want to collect Tales platinums. These titles even put me off, I just pushed through because they were Tales but it was after having played all the others.  

On PS4/5 I recommend Vesperia which is my favourite, Arise which is the easiest to play as it's modern and plays really well, and Berseria for story and also has a fun battle system. If you still have a PS3, then Graces F, Xillia 1 and 2 are great games all with great battle systems and characters. 

Dang seems I started with the worst possible ones lol. I'll try Vesperia or Berseria since I can get those cheaper than Arise at the moment. I do have both a PS3 & PS Vita still that I use every now & again. I have them on a wishlist but with the sales gone now, they've been put pretty much near the bottom of the buy list lol

• Like 1

Great read! Thanks for answering my questions! I also am a bookoff/amazon.jp kind of guy. Amazon have better stock and price, but individual shipping adds up. And since I get my manga from bookoff… How I wish they started shipping internationally!

Great interview, ユキちゃん! BookOff is an amazing store chain, I love going there when in Japan. You never know which gems you may find, but you can be sure that you will mostly buy something. ? Whenever you go back to Japan (and they allow tourists again), definitely visit other areas! You can experience a different side of Japan compared to the big cities, especially Okinawa. There's even an own BookOff ;)

Thanks for the shoutout, great work on all the Tales plats!