This is clever

visighost

11 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

There is no more approval process for having platinum trophies, all games must have trophies including a platinum. 

Which to be honest would be okay if it meant all games get a platinum.. I'm still gutted Apex Legends did not get a platinum despite clearly having enough in-game achievements for a full trophy list. It was released slightly before Sony started being more lax in regards to trophies, makes me wonder had it been released today if it would have come with a plat.

And I mention Apex as a somewhat recent example, if we were to backtrack to the PS3 days there's a lot of cool 100%s that would've deserved one too by today's standards, I miss that kind of uniformity.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aodir said:

And I mention Apex as a somewhat recent example, if we were to backtrack to the PS3 days there's a lot of cool 100%s that would've deserved one too by today's standards, I miss that kind of uniformity.

Outlast 1 is a good example of a game that got denied a Platinum due to the previous standards.

7 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

I do wonder if these games would fall off in popularity/purchases and thus stop releasing every 5 minutes if Sony forced them to only have 100% trophy lists with no platinum...

Probably not as there's still a good chunk of people who would be happy to just boost their trophy count in general, getting a platinum in the process is just a bonus.

21 hours ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

There is no more approval process for having platinum trophies, all games must have trophies including a platinum. 

That's clearly not true just by looking at the most recent games released.  Still several of them with 100%s.

Most recent word from multiple devs that I've read is that if you submit a trophy list with a plat, you get it.  So in that sense if you mean there's no Sony "stamp of approval" required, sure.  But devs still have to choose/offer a plat list if that's what they want, it's not mandatory for all games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sophrosync said:

That's clearly not true just by looking at the most recent games released.  Still several of them with 100%s.

Most recent word from multiple devs that I've read is that if you submit a trophy list with a plat, you get it.  So in that sense if you mean there's no Sony "stamp of approval" required, sure.  But devs still have to choose/offer a plat list if that's what they want, it's not mandatory for all games.

That's sort of what I meant, I don't look through every recent game or read anything from developers, I just remember people posting some news story on the forums like 3 or 4 years ago saying that there's no longer an approval process for getting a platinum trophy attached to the game's list. However, I'm pretty sure that every game must have trophies, exceptions being demos and stuff.

Edited by Phoenixgaming1

4 hours ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

However, I'm pretty sure that every game must have trophies, exceptions being demos and stuff.

That one is also a little strange: Manifest 66 and Kid A Mnesia, to name two, have as much or more gaming elements than a lot of other apps (the Jumps, visual novels without paths, and other walking sims, for example), but don’t have trophies as they’re billed as “experiences”. Unclear what guidelines they follow.

(Highly recommend both Manifest and the Radiohead exhibition, btw!)

7 hours ago, Sophrosync said:

In my opinion, plat-less games seem more fulfilling nowadays, like the platinum trophy doesn't mean much now, it's just a given for these "games", making them essentially worthless. 

But let's be honest, Sony needs an approval system again, badly.