Trophy thoughts?

Cutttah

11 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I see you are almost done with the game? (At least with the missions)

I have few questions if you don't mind.
Do I get a new status if I complete quests? So is your status based on your XP?
Where can I find the "Pro Challenges"
And basically "That's how is done" is missable because you can't replay quests, right?
Thanks in advance.

Other than that I totally enjoy this game. Plays really well.

As far as I’m aware the top mission is always the one that forwards the “story”, I played pro challenges in between doing the main missions so my exposure would always go up. If exposure is relevant to unlocking missions I can’t necessarily say but pros move maps sometimes.

Correct the trophy can be missable unless you start fresh but someone else I know did it from the start with manual catch on and didn’t get the trophy either, so it’s potentially bugged.

Billy Marks is seemingly bugged also.

• Like 1

I was able to get the manual catch trophy. I started the game on hardcore. Did all the main missions, I also messed around with the settings like pop height and flip speed etc, just never touched the manual catch at all. I didn’t finish every single mission, billy marks glitched on me. Didn’t finish Nora or Samaria’s missions. 

just a heads up that it’s achievable. 

Well, I guess this is a WARNING for people who haven't bought it yet.

I was racing for the first platinum, but I got screwed. Many of the historical challenges are broken, and so this game is unbeatable in its current form. Most are just finicky, but some just don't register no matter what you try. They're also a major pain to keep track of, since a lot of the descriptions in the checklist don't even name the trick once you've completed it, just the video part that it's from. 

Reading through some of the Session community posts, the historical challenges have been a crapshoot for a couple years. They'd fix some and break others... so it might be a few patches before its sorted out... if ever. Been down this road before...

Plus I'm hearing that they may wipe all our challenge progression if they do patch it, so I'm reluctant to even continue, although I've got most of them done now...

And even if they did all work, I don't know how many average gamers will be able to do some of these challenges. Super fun for a vet like me, but tricks like the FS 180 up, switch bigflip out on the Blubba, good luck new guy... I'd say this is a super-hard plat for non-skaters. 

I thought Skater XL was bad, but at least it was technically possible (before the glitch.)
Man I love paying full price for unbeatable games....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, D-Rezzz said:

Well, I guess this is a WARNING for people who haven't bought it yet.

I was racing for the first platinum, but I got screwed. Many of the historical challenges are broken, and so this game is unbeatable in its current form. Most are just finicky, but some just don't register no matter what you try. They're also a major pain to keep track of, since a lot of the descriptions in the checklist don't even name the trick once you've completed it, just the video part that it's from. 

Reading through some of the Session community posts, the historical challenges have been a crapshoot for a couple years. They'd fix some and break others... so it might be a few patches before its sorted out... if ever. Been down this road before...

Plus I'm hearing that they may wipe all our challenge progression if they do patch it, so I'm reluctant to even continue, although I've got most of them done now...

And even if they did all work, I don't know how many average gamers will be able to do some of these challenges. Super fun for a vet like me, but tricks like the FS 180 up, switch bigflip out on the Blubba, good luck new guy... I'd say this is a super-hard plat for non-skaters. 

I thought Skater XL was bad, but at least it was technically possible (before the glitch.)
Man I love paying full price for unbeatable games....

It's a shame that those games never work properly on day one. This game has potential and it feels great but it's annoying that those challenges or trophies are bugged. For the "catch Manual" trophy. It seems that it isn't bugged? Because @TeamriderDennis and @GiantHuman got the trophy.

Can one of you help us out how you got the trophy? I played it from start to finish with Manual catch on and didn't got it.

Thank you

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

1 hour ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

It's a shame that those games never work properly on day one. This game has potential and it feels great but it's annoying that those challenges or trophies are bugged. For the "catch Manual" trophy. It seems that it isn't bugged? Because @TeamriderDennis and @GiantHuman got the trophy.

Can one of you help us out how you got the trophy? I played it from start to finish with Manual catch on and didn't got it.

Thank you, all I did was start on hardcore and then never touched the manual catch toggle. I messed with the other settings though. I also didn’t finish some of the quests but I did most of them. 

All I did was start the game on hardcore and never touched the manual catch toggle. I messed with all the other settings though. 

35 minutes ago, wolker4 said:

Made a video for the hidden Billy Marks mission location. The last mission will appear in your mission log once you done the 4th (hidden) mission.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZI0DAntsoQ

Thanks for this! Jumped the gun too early to say it was bugged for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Thank you

Not sure I did anything special, just beat the last story mission and the trophy popped right after getting "Fulfilled the dream" for reaching Pro status.

I started the game on Default difficulty but then decided to delete all the save files and start a new run on Hardcore, enabled "Manual" catch and never touched it again. Also never changed anything in the advanced settings, though I did fiddle with some of the experimental features to test how the Ps4 would handle them (oh boy haha).

While doing the Billy Marks questline didn't experience any glitches either.

3 hours ago, iNiko33 said:

Thanks @D-Rezzz for the warning, I shoud have waited for a price drop and patches, damn. Installed it but didn't start the game yet. Will wait to see if Crea-ture is willing to polish the game or not...

There is no doubt Crea-ture is going to tackle the issues some day.

I really enjoy the game's mechanics and the overall direction the game is taking but calling this release a 1.0 is just insane. It shouldn't cost anywhere close to 50€ the way it is currently since it's technically still in pre-alpha/alpha.

Had so much fun doing the historical location challenges on PC and had high hopes they would patch some of the bugged ones from the early access days. Glad to see they added tons of new ones though and added a nice menu structure for them.

Edited by TeamriderDennis
  • Like 4

On 9/22/2022 at 7:10 PM, Cutttah said:

Really cool concept but I realized 10 minutes into it that its not for me. I am not trying to relearn how to skate again but just on a controller lmao. Should of held off before paying the 50. Not a bad game but for someone looking for a game like skate 3 this is not it.

Looking at literally ANY of the marketing or gameplay videos could’ve saved you that $50. Lmao did you not see anything on the game prior to release?

Just a heads up, the trophy count for nyc is wrong. I’ve got all the challenges done including the open world challenges and I’m stuck at 99%. Which also means the trophy for completing all challenges will be glitched.

someone on the Xbox side also has the same issue with missing one challenge even though all the other challenges are done. 

I’ve managed to do all the Philly challenges so those all work. 

Working on the sf challenges now. 

2 hours ago, GiantHuman said:

Just a heads up, the trophy count for nyc is wrong. I’ve got all the challenges done including the open world challenges and I’m stuck at 99%. Which also means the trophy for completing all challenges will be glitched.

someone on the Xbox side also has the same issue with missing one challenge even though all the other challenges are done. 

I’ve managed to do all the Philly challenges so those all work. 

Working on the sf challenges now. 

I noticed someone got the Philly trophy and I couldn't believe it. I had about 8 lines there that I couldn't get to pop no matter what I tried. Like the Stevie Wilson line that ends with the high front nose... did it like 20 times. Cleeeeean. I wonder if it's board settings or something... 

Anyways sorry folks, looks like I jumped the gun too because this guy got all the ones I was convinced were broken lmao

1 hour ago, D-Rezzz said:

I noticed someone got the Philly trophy and I couldn't believe it. I had about 8 lines there that I couldn't get to pop no matter what I tried. Like the Stevie Wilson line that ends with the high front nose... did it like 20 times. Cleeeeean. I wonder if it's board settings or something... 

Anyways sorry folks, looks like I jumped the gun too because this guy got all the ones I was convinced were broken lmao

use this guys video. He shows every trick as the challenge pops. Some of the text descriptions are wrong. Specifically one of kalis’ lines. It says back crook in the description but it’s a nollie bs crook in the line. 

I was following JLnightmares video first and was stuck on the Stevie line where you do a pop shuv late 180. Guess they took that one out cause it’s not in there. 

the couple trophies are still glitched though unfortunately. Noticed there were a lot of spelling errors in the game, guess they can’t count either since their challenge count is off by 1. ?‍♂️

Edited by GiantHuman

On 2022-09-22 at 4:10 PM, Cutttah said:

Really cool concept but I realized 10 minutes into it that its not for me. I am not trying to relearn how to skate again but just on a controller lmao. Should of held off before paying the 50. Not a bad game but for someone looking for a game like skate 3 this is not it.

I will have to check if there’s a demo or something. I’d hate to pay that much only to find out it’s not for me either.

As for Skate games I’ve really only dabbled in the THPS and Skate series. I recently platinumed THPS 1+2 remake and it was a total blast, but even then I much prefer the more realistic physics and feelings I got when playing Skate 3, which I’d probably rank as one of my top funnest platinums ever.

Skate feels realistic, but still arcadey enough to be easy and fun to pick up and play and skate for hours. Some of these more realistic games like Skater XL and Session look very cool, but they sound maybe a little too realistic when it comes to the control schemes and whatnot.

I know Skate 4 is coming which gives us something to look forward to, but I’m kinda worried about the massive multiplayer, live service, weird parkour route they’re going. The game is starting to look a little goofy based on what I’ve seen so far. ?

On 27.9.2022 at 4:47 AM, GiantHuman said:

use this guys video. He shows every trick as the challenge pops. Some of the text descriptions are wrong. Specifically one of kalis’ lines. It says back crook in the description but it’s a nollie bs crook in the line. 

I was following JLnightmares video first and was stuck on the Stevie line where you do a pop shuv late 180. Guess they took that one out cause it’s not in there. 

the couple trophies are still glitched though unfortunately. Noticed there were a lot of spelling errors in the game, guess they can’t count either since their challenge count is off by 1. ?‍♂️

Does someone know if the devs are aware of this ? Would love to start it but not with bugged challenge counters ?

EDIT:

nvm, found the answer in another forum:

"So I finally got in touch with a Developer per private Message on Discord and he said that he reproduced the Issue and got 168/169 Challenges done and the Achievement stuck at 99% for him too.

So the developers are aware of the Issue and he said they already fixed it and it will be delivered with the next Patch. :))"

Edited by Yoey_666
  • Like 2

The game is so good, very difficult to start with but you get used to it after a few hours. I'm having a blast, the controls are really good. Some missions are a bit of a pain in the arse, they don't seem to register the moves, or require you to do something very specific which is hard to tell without watching youtube videos.

I don't think it's a very hard game, trophies are easy enough and will come natually playing the game or you can just grind them out if you want to get the plat and uninstall. I'm having a loads of fun. I'm 30 hours in and every corner I find something new. The maps are huge!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

So the developers are aware of the Issue and he said they already fixed it and it will be delivered with the next Patch. :))"

This is good to hear, I just finished up all the Philly historical challenges myself last night, and damn it was a pain in the ass but really rewarding. A few of those Brian Wenning and Stevie William's Love park lines I had to have tried 100 times for hours, but they are doable though. Probably took me longer cause after I completed a handful of those hard af lines I'd hop on youtube and watch the actual skate parts the lines were pulled from lol.

• 6 months later...
On 2022-09-22 at 1:59 AM, SlippingJimy said:

The game has 5 difficulty modes, that said I tried assisted for while, which gives you easy grinds and manuals. That said I was still struggling to do one of Daewon songs missions which had you manually to another manual pad n trick out.

On 2022-09-22 at 1:33 AM, SlippingJimy said:

Played it today.. and yes it's harder more than any other skate game. I'm a old skater and appreciate the realism as pulling off more complex tricks can be very hard to nail in real life. But not sure this will be everyones cup of tea for the casuals.

I'm not sure I like the L2/R2 directional controls. But i was gradually getting use to it. I guess that frees up the analog sticks for unique type of tricks like pressure flips.

Trophy list looks doable, but grindy. Most of the trick trophies quotas are not too bad. Except feeble and smith grind ones. As hooking into them might be hard to farm consistently.

Get stuck on a rail while doing a boardslide and press L2/R2 over and over you'll get both trophies in like 10 minutes  

• Like 1