Trophy thoughts?

Cutttah

For a skateboarder like me playing skateboard sims on a weekly basis, this will come naturally and is perfectly fine. I played Skate 2&3 for 10 years, then 2 years on Skater XL, time to move on to Session and get this plat one day or another! But sure, if you're not really into skateboarding and want to play this casually and eventually look for the plat, this will be a real grind (no pun intended ^^). So hyped for this game!!!

PS : So glad they didn't copy Skater XL's 'around the world' trophy, this was a pain.

Edited by iNiko33
  • Like 3

Everything is fine aside from the stupid 42 Km of slides and 21 Km of manuals. 

If this is a sim, that will take forever. 

I've been a skater for decades but I don't fuck with sim skate games. Trying a trick for a long time in real life is one thing, but doing it in a game is not fun.

I'm happy for all those pros and filmers and stuff that are in the game, though. 

Edited by yowzagabowza
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Another 42 km trophy!? This one was already pretty bad in Skater XL (before the glitch was discovered). i just hope that the game is fun.

Skater XL was 40,075 (forty thousand). This is 42 (just forty two). lmao not gunna be anywhere in the same realm.

5 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I've been a skater for decades but I don't fuck with sim skate games. Trying a trick for a long time in real life is one thing, but doing it in a game is not fun.

I'm happy for all those pros and filmers and stuff that are in the game, though. 

It really won't... what will take forever and probably longer will def be all the 500 of X trick.

7 hours ago, iNiko33 said:

For a skateboarder like me playing skateboard sims on a weekly basis, this will come naturally and is perfectly fine. I played Skate 2&3 for 10 years, then 2 years on Skater XL, time to move on to Session and get this plat one day or another! But sure, if you're not really into skateboarding and want to play this casually and eventually look for the plat, this will be a real grind (no pun intended ^^). So hyped for this game!!!

PS : So glad they didn't copy Skater XL's 'around the world' trophy, this was a pain.

Played it today.. and yes it's harder more than any other skate game. I'm a old skater and appreciate the realism as pulling off more complex tricks can be very hard to nail in real life. But not sure this will be everyones cup of tea for the casuals.

I'm not sure I like the L2/R2 directional controls. But i was gradually getting use to it. I guess that frees up the analog sticks for unique type of tricks like pressure flips.

Trophy list looks doable, but grindy. Most of the trick trophies quotas are not too bad. Except feeble and smith grind ones. As hooking into them might be hard to farm consistently.

7 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

The game has 5 difficulty modes, that said I tried assisted for while, which gives you easy grinds and manuals. That said I was still struggling to do one of Daewon songs missions which had you manually to another manual pad n trick out.

3 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Skater XL was 40,075 (forty thousand). This is 42 (just forty two). lmao not gunna be anywhere in the same realm.

It really won't... what will take forever and probably longer will def be all the 500 of X trick.

Oh you are right ? Stupid me. This one is a marathon distance, the other was the equinoctial line. Anyway, as you mentioned the 500 times doing a trick thing will take a long time.

33 minutes ago, shoottofilm said:

Game is great, better than Skater XL, more realistic. Bit of a grind and potential couple of trophies not doable.

Got to a point where Billy Marks hasn’t shown up with another mission and I played through with manual catch ‘on’ and it didn’t unlock.

Where do you turn manual catch on, think i overlooked this

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

This one looks really cool and I’m thrilled to see more skateboarding games hitting the market, but ngl the super realistic sim nature does give me pause. I’ll be doing a lot more research on this one before I bite as I want to make sure it feels good and would be something I can enjoy

Really cool concept but I realized 10 minutes into it that its not for me. I am not trying to relearn how to skate again but just on a controller lmao. Should of held off before paying the 50. Not a bad game but for someone looking for a game like skate 3 this is not it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, shoottofilm said:

Game is great, better than Skater XL, more realistic. Bit of a grind and potential couple of trophies not doable.

Got to a point where Billy Marks hasn’t shown up with another mission and I played through with manual catch ‘on’ and it didn’t unlock.

I see you are almost done with the game? (At least with the missions)

I have few questions if you don't mind.
Do I get a new status if I complete quests? So is your status based on your XP?
Where can I find the "Pro Challenges"
And basically "That's how is done" is missable because you can't replay quests, right?
Thanks in advance.

Other than that I totally enjoy this game. Plays really well.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

What's cool is that my local skatepark, Péitruss, is in the game and it looks super realistic. The park is at a very beautiful place under a beautiful bridge and the bridge is in the game as well.

What's not cool is that the park is apparently only available in the Deluxe Edition.

The game seems to be very realistic, idk if I would like it. I prefer the more arcade-like THPS games.

A demo would be perfect.

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 1