No Hope Solo Deck

bethharmon

3 hours ago, chilly_schrimp said:

I saw that you already got it but I would say that anyone trying No hope should try the infinite grenade glitch if you have the card AI assistant module. The whole act takes like 20 minutes to do on No hope with that method.

Wow that is quick! I did think of going that route as I heard it was good to use 

3 hours ago, bethharmon said:

Wow that is quick! I did think of going that route as I heard it was good to use 

Yeah I wish I knew about it before I did it solo with a melee deck, I restarted the 5th mission around 30 times before I got through it. ?

I’ve helped a couple of friends do it with the  glitch and it’s just insane how easy it is.

On some levels it feels like setting up the glitch takes longer than running to the saferoom.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

I did recommend the infinite reuse glitch build but they patched it yesterday. Guess the only way to get it is to use a melee build.

I completed Act 5 solo on No Hope with Mom and a temp health + shotgun build so melee definitely isn't the only way. I'll post my build when I get a chance.

I only ran into a bit of trouble when I got pinned down at a hive entrance on In The Depths and accidentally entered it. That was a wild ride getting through the hive ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-10-29 at 6:29 PM, zemiguelreis said:

Any tips? I am having a really hard time with No Hope. I managed to get to the 3rd level only.

Granted that I used T5 when it was pretty OP but I still had to bang my head against the wall on the 4th and 5th mission.

Best strategy for me was to play offline and run a melee deck with Holly (add a bunch of temp/bolstered health cards) and then hope to find a hive on the difficult levels. It will take a bunch of attempts if you are unlucky with the corruption cards but since you can just quit if you are about to die and try again it's more grindy than just difficult.

On 12/10/2022 at 5:43 AM, JunkSkelington said:

As predicted expired t5 was nerfed into the ground and infinite grenade was fixed in the halloween patch. The difficulty of no hope/nightmare is back to being a major challenge instead of free. 

Can't you just downgrade the patch with CharlesProxy?

I just finished No Hope and it was honestly the hardest challenge I have ever done. My build was the one from the Children of the Worm guide in this website. I wouldn't suggest it. Speedrunning is useful sometimes but it's best to go slow and get a Weakspot damage build. A friend of mine is using a Shotgun Fast Reload Damage Deck and he is almost done with very few attempts. Level 3 and 4 are your worst enemies. Focus on damage, go slow and remember that your Bots are very OP. Other than that, just be patient. You can also use Hives to finish the levels, specially in the 3rd and 4th. The hive is random, so if it doesn't appear just leave the match and try again.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/21/2023 at 0:05 PM, Risky_JG said:

Anyone have any recommendations for a build for Acts 5 and 6.  The melee build isnt cutting it anymore and need something else.

Thanks.

Hey man no hope was absolutely brutal for me. Struggled with it for weeks trying to do it solo. I would actually keep using a tankish meele build for the common hordes. You HAVE to have a decent gun for all the specials though, meele doesn't do enough damage. Whatever you're comfortable with, but get a purple asap and upgrade as you go. Next make sure you have decent bot team members every run. I would suggest having Tala for the corrupted chest and Jeffs favorite whistle( tbh this is essential in no hope. They have a chance of dropping legendary weapons/gear, and Jeff is OP) Or Sharice to make you and your team tankier. Lastly use those burn cards after every mission, the buffs can make a difference. I ignoreded them for most of the game, but in No Hope you need every advantage possible.

3 hours ago, AIcoholicFather said:

Hey man no hope was absolutely brutal for me. Struggled with it for weeks trying to do it solo. I would actually keep using a tankish meele build for the common hordes. You HAVE to have a decent gun for all the specials though, meele doesn't do enough damage. Whatever you're comfortable with, but get a purple asap and upgrade as you go. Next make sure you have decent bot team members every run. I would suggest having Tala for the corrupted chest and Jeffs favorite whistle( tbh this is essential in no hope. They have a chance of dropping legendary weapons/gear, and Jeff is OP) Or Sharice to make you and your team tankier. Lastly use those burn cards after every mission, the buffs can make a difference. I ignoreded them for most of the game, but in No Hope you need every advantage possible.

Thanks man i actually ended up doing with a damage build and taking it really slow!

• 2 weeks later...

The game feels like it's built for solo offline or full team tactics with great decks, I did solo. Tala for the whistle and chests so you can farm for the Grim Reaper and a good primary. I've heard the bow is good, but I went melee/shotgun because it was much easier to keep health up and slaughter hordes. I played the first mission in Act 6 till I got a hive. It's after the houses blow up, in the park...mine spawned next to the sign that says "Do's and don'ts of island life". Restart this hive till you get the Nursery to spawn and enter. When you go down the slide, there are 3 boxes to open...keep restarting till you get the orange Grim Reaper for your bat, bow, or machete. Then just hope you don't get a terrible set of cards for the remaining levels. I did on 6-4, fkn armored slashers and acid everywhere. I did Act 6 last, but I'm guessing you could use this same method for all the other acts. I don't think it's needed, but Act 6 was real tough.

The deck I used...

Meth Head

Adrenaline Fueled

Battle Lust

Berserker

Brazen

Down In Front

EMT Bag

Face Your Fears

Spiky Bits

Mean Drunk

Ignore The Pain

Antibiotic Ointment

Fit as a Fiddle

Vanguard

Well Rested

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

The game feels like it's built for solo offline or full team tactics with great decks, I did solo. Tala for the whistle and chests so you can farm for the Grim Reaper and a good primary. I've heard the bow is good, but I went melee/shotgun because it was much easier to keep health up and slaughter hordes. I played the first mission in Act 6 till I got a hive. It's after the houses blow up, in the park...mine spawned next to the sign that says "Do's and don'ts of island life". Restart this hive till you get the Nursery to spawn and enter. When you go down the slide, there are 3 boxes to open...keep restarting till you get the orange Grim Reaper for your bat, bow, or machete. Then just hope you don't get a terrible set of cards for the remaining levels. I did on 6-4, fkn armored slashers and acid everywhere. I did Act 6 last, but I'm guessing you could use this same method for all the other acts. I don't think it's needed, but Act 6 was real tough.

The deck I used...

Meth Head

Adrenaline Fueled

Battle Lust

Berserker

Brazen

Down In Front

EMT Bag

Face Your Fears

Spiky Bits

Mean Drunk

Ignore The Pain

Antibiotic Ointment

Fit as a Fiddle

Vanguard

Well Rested

Can confirm, did act 1-6 nightmare/no hope solo with either Tala or Holly and a similar build. Melee build with bots brings the difficulty down significantly. Act 6 is the worst out of all the acts on no hope, so having a hive entry show up is salvation.

• Like 1