Movie Night Infinite Hang Fix (Step-By-Step)

If you still have your completed PS4 save data, you should be able to load the final chapter of Movie Night in the PS5 version and unlock the "Like that movie with the ship" trophy. However, if you did not play the PS4 version before the recent patch, or you did but you cleared your save data (as I had done - whoops), this is how you can unlock the Movie Mode trophy on the PS5 right now without having to wait for another patch.

Note A: You will need a PS5 and a PS4 in order to do this, as almost the entire playthrough will be done on the PS4.

Note B: The infinite hang glitch doesn't actually have anything to do with the Storm chapter. It happens every time the "Player Breakdown" screen is supposed to appear at the end of an Act. So you cannot just load a PS4 save from right after the end of Storm because the game will crash again 30-40 minutes later when the next Player Breakdown would appear. It will still hang at the very end of the game, but all trophies will have already popped by then and so it doesn't matter.

Step 1: Read this post for instructions on how to download and install the 1.00 patch for the PS4 version of Man of Medan on your PS4.

Step 2: After installing the 1.00 version, the game will try to update itself to 1.18. Pause the download and make sure that it does not update.

Step 3: Play through Movie Night on your PS4 all the way through until the final chapter where you have to fight over the distributor cap in the room with the gate that comes down. The decisions that you make during your PS4 playthrough are mostly irrelevant because they will be overridden when you load the save on your PS5, but I would suggest picking all Heart decisions throughout the playthrough because those choices will be retained and it will save you some time for later.

Step 4: Before the fight over the distributor cap begins, exit to the main menu and then close the game. Upload your save data via cloud storage and turn off your PS4.

Step 5: Turn on your PS5 and make sure that you have both the PS5 and PS4 versions of Man of Medan installed on it. If you have any existing save data for either version of the game, delete it.

Step 6: Highlight the PS4 version of the game, press Options and download your save data from the cloud. You don't have to open the PS4 version of the game. You just need to import your save data.

Step 7: Open the PS5 version of Man of Medan. Assuming that you deleted your PS5 save data, as stated, you will be asked if you want to import your PS4 save. Choose yes.

Step 8: Choose Movie Night and Continue Story. You will start just before the fight over the distributor cap, and you'll notice that everyone is alive even if you killed some during your PS4 playthrough. I had killed off almost everyone during my PS4 playthrough, but they all came back, so I do not think that you can unlock "Not a sole survivor" in Movie Night on PS5 at all right now.

Step 9: Complete the final few minutes of the game, keep everyone alive by succeeding the few remaining QTEs and then wait for the credits and epilogue to finish.

"Like that movie with the ship" will unlock, along with "That's something, I suppose" (if no one died at the end) and also "Go with your gut" if you chose all Heart decisions. This testing took about five hours in total, to verify that loading a save after Storm would still result in a second crash, but it isn't wasted time if it helps you and saves you from having your game freeze.

• Like 3

On 3-10-2022 at 1:47 PM, ShadowMMA said:

If you still have your completed PS4 save data, you should be able to load the final chapter of Movie Night in the PS5 version and unlock the "Like that movie with the ship" trophy. However, if you did not play the PS4 version before the recent patch, or you did but you cleared your save data (as I had done - whoops), this is how you can unlock the Movie Mode trophy on the PS5 right now without having to wait for another patch.

Note A: You will need a PS5 and a PS4 in order to do this, as almost the entire playthrough will be done on the PS4.

Note B: The infinite hang glitch doesn't actually have anything to do with the Storm chapter. It happens every time the "Player Breakdown" screen is supposed to appear at the end of an Act. So you cannot just load a PS4 save from right after the end of Storm because the game will crash again 30-40 minutes later when the next Player Breakdown would appear. It will still hang at the very end of the game, but all trophies will have already popped by then and so it doesn't matter.

Step 1: Read this post for instructions on how to download and install the 1.00 patch for the PS4 version of Man of Medan on your PS4.

Step 2: After installing the 1.00 version, the game will try to update itself to 1.18. Pause the download and make sure that it does not update.

Step 3: Play through Movie Night on your PS4 all the way through until the final chapter where you have to fight over the distributor cap in the room with the gate that comes down. The decisions that you make during your PS4 playthrough are mostly irrelevant because they will be overridden when you load the save on your PS5, but I would suggest picking all Heart decisions throughout the playthrough because those choices will be retained and it will save you some time for later.

Step 4: Before the fight over the distributor cap begins, exit to the main menu and then close the game. Upload your save data via cloud storage and turn off your PS4.

Step 5: Turn on your PS5 and make sure that you have both the PS5 and PS4 versions of Man of Medan installed on it. If you have any existing save data for either version of the game, delete it.

Step 6: Highlight the PS4 version of the game, press Options and download your save data from the cloud. You don't have to open the PS4 version of the game. You just need to import your save data.

Step 7: Open the PS5 version of Man of Medan. Assuming that you deleted your PS5 save data, as stated, you will be asked if you want to import your PS4 save. Choose yes.

Step 8: Choose Movie Night and Continue Story. You will start just before the fight over the distributor cap, and you'll notice that everyone is alive even if you killed some during your PS4 playthrough. I had killed off almost everyone during my PS4 playthrough, but they all came back, so I do not think that you can unlock "Not a sole survivor" in Movie Night on PS5 at all right now.

Step 9: Complete the final few minutes of the game, keep everyone alive by succeeding the few remaining QTEs and then wait for the credits and epilogue to finish.

"Like that movie with the ship" will unlock, along with "That's something, I suppose" (if no one died at the end) and also "Go with your gut" if you chose all Heart decisions. This testing took about five hours in total, to verify that loading a save after Storm would still result in a second crash, but it isn't wasted time if it helps you and saves you from having your game freeze.

I used this trick for movie night (luckily i still had my save files from ps4 and it ended up popping movie night ,all hearts and all head choice trophy's.

saves me about 3 runs

I can confirm this. It even worked for me with my old saves from the PS4 playthrough. I don't needed the 1.00 version. Remarkably I have to start a few chapters earlier (I think it was Depths, before the radio massage, although I had finished the Movie Night playthrough on PS4)

I think the developer has still a lot of work as I had many different glitches and bugs in all playthroughs. And I heard Little Hope is no better. ?

balu2424.png

12 hours ago, shantanu-zenmst said:

Guys Thanks for the help i got all three trophy for Movie Night. But how can I play curator cut to earn collectables . I am stuck at all seven missable secrets and one black picture. That's all I need to achieve platinum trophy. Please give some help.

Hi,

It is not difficult to obtain the secrets in curators cut. There are some impotant things to note. 

1) Intrusion and Storm: Make sure Brad is hidden. This unlocks the chapter "Finding friends".

2) Storm: Conrad must stay on the ship. (This triggers the chapter Glamour Girl)

3) Finding Friends: Brad must find the gas mask in the locker. Don't take any weapons.

4) Ritual: Fliss must breath fresh air in the back of the ballroom. Also no weapons for Fliss.

=> Brad and Fliss recognize each other. This triggers the chapter Pressure.

5) Pressure: Conrad, Brad and Fliss must be alive. So take care Brad and Fliss survive in this chapter.

6) Glamour Girl: If everything works fine you will be able to get the secrets and the picture here. Please note that the secret#15 appears before the picture. The closed door comes shortly after this secret on the left side. Also note that you can trigger the cutscene with Conrad accidently when you are to far on the right side when looking fot the key for secret #17. Stay on the left side of the room and everything will be ok. 

7) Secrets #12,33,46: Distress signal: Make sure Alex stays with the radio. This triggers the chapter "Matters of the heart". I'm not sure if it is important to play as Fliss, but I always have. 

I'm not sure which 7th secret you mean. As there are 6 secrets to obtain in the Curators Cut. 

I hope this would help. 

4 hours ago, iLmIgLiOrE91 said:

sorry but someone explains me exactly how it works, i just miss a movie night on ps5, and i have my save for ps4, but there is really no way to import the save then?

For me it works fine to do everything from Step6. I don't even have installed the PS4 version. 

If the Movie Night is the last thing to do you can delete your PS5 saves. Importing the PS4 saves resets everything. All collectibles are gone and everybody is alive again.

I deleted my PS5 saves. (Well, I saved them in the cloud just to be sure.) Then copied the PS4 save and started the PS5 version of the game. It asked if you want to import the PS4 saves. Of course you want to do this. After that choose "Don't play alone" and "Movie night". Load your save and choose chapter select. Play the last but one chapter Flooded or Matters of the Heart depending on your playthrough. (I have to start with the chapter Depths, because for unknown reasons the last chapters gone lost.)

18 hours ago, balu2424 said:

For me it works fine to do everything from Step6. I don't even have installed the PS4 version. 

If the Movie Night is the last thing to do you can delete your PS5 saves. Importing the PS4 saves resets everything. All collectibles are gone and everybody is alive again.

I deleted my PS5 saves. (Well, I saved them in the cloud just to be sure.) Then copied the PS4 save and started the PS5 version of the game. It asked if you want to import the PS4 saves. Of course you want to do this. After that choose "Don't play alone" and "Movie night". Load your save and choose chapter select. Play the last but one chapter Flooded or Matters of the Heart depending on your playthrough. (I have to start with the chapter Depths, because for unknown reasons the last chapters gone lost.)

ok thank you friend, but then if I only have the data, you don't need to do all the first steps to get the digital version back to 1.00? I put the ps4 version and I make options and it tells me to import the save on ps5 right?

5 hours ago, iLmIgLiOrE91 said:

ok thank you friend, but then if I only have the data, you don't need to do all the first steps to get the digital version back to 1.00? I put the ps4 version and I make options and it tells me to import the save on ps5 right?

It worked for me this way. Yes. 

1 hour ago, balu2424 said:

Ha funzionato per me in questo modo. Sì. 

nothing to do i did everything as the step six says, make options from the game download my ps4 data to the ps4 game ... i start the ps5 version in streaming from the plus and nothing happens, i give up at this point

10 hours ago, iLmIgLiOrE91 said:

nothing to do i did everything as the step six says, make options from the game download my ps4 data to the ps4 game ... i start the ps5 version in streaming from the plus and nothing happens, i give up at this point

Hm. May be it doesn't work when using the streaming version from ps plus. I have the PS4 disc and PS5 upgrade. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 6:47 AM, ShadowMMA said:

Would it be okay if I added something from my recent experience?

I have the PS4 disc, deleted my saves a while ago, and playing the PS5 upgrade from the PS4 disc.

Starting a fresh save in Movie Night mode on the PS4 with the game just downloaded at the 1.00 version, the game let me play to almost the end of 'The Wreck' chapter. Where Alex and Julia are in their diving gear and about to jump off the Duke. Then an error pops up saying that that I need to download an update to access network features (8.something GB). Tried again on a fresh save, internet off, same error.

I wanted to see what the GB packet was, so I turned on the internet connection, went into the game. Immediately deleted the 1.18 update that was trying to install, then went back to Movie Night mode and hit continue. It again brought up the error screen with the download of 8.something GB. Only this time, it was continuing to download. I double-checked and this WAS NOT the 1.18 update. I let this download finish and the game continued like normal and let me continue from the end of 'The Wreck' to the rest of your steps.

Thank you so much for posting this as a friend and I were at a loss for how to get through Movie Night mode on the PS5.

Long Story short; on version 1.00 on the PS4 disc version I believe the game will let you play to almost the end of 'The Wreck' Chapter before demanding that you install the next update (would have been the update involving the Curator's Cut release on the PS4 if I am not mistaken).

On 3/10/2022 at 13:47, ShadowMMA said:

Se hai ancora i dati di salvataggio completati per PS4, dovresti essere in grado di caricare il capitolo finale di Movie Night nella versione PS5 e sbloccare il trofeo "Mi piace quel film con la nave". Tuttavia, se non hai giocato alla versione PS4 prima della patch recente, o l'hai fatto ma hai cancellato i tuoi dati di salvataggio (come avevo fatto io - whoops), ecco come puoi sbloccare il trofeo Modalità film su PS5 in questo momento senza averlo aspettare un'altra patch.

Nota A: avrai bisogno di una PS5 e di una PS4 per farlo, poiché quasi l'intero playthrough verrà eseguito su PS4.

Nota B: Il problema di blocco infinito in realtà non ha nulla a che fare con il capitolo Tempesta. Succede ogni volta che la schermata "Ripartizione giocatore" dovrebbe apparire alla fine di un atto. Quindi non puoi semplicemente caricare un salvataggio PS4 subito dopo la fine di Storm perché il gioco andrà in crash di nuovo 30-40 minuti dopo quando apparirà il prossimo Player Breakdown. Si bloccherà ancora alla fine del gioco, ma a quel punto tutti i trofei saranno già spuntati e quindi non importa.

Passaggio 1 : leggi questo post per istruzioni su come scaricare e installare la patch 1.00 per la versione PS4 di Man of Medan sulla tua PS4 .

Passaggio 2: dopo aver installato la versione 1.00, il gioco proverà ad aggiornarsi alla 1.18. Metti in pausa il download e assicurati che non si aggiorni.

Passaggio 3: gioca a Movie Night sulla tua PS4 fino al capitolo finale in cui devi combattere per il tappo del distributore nella stanza con il cancello che scende. Le decisioni che prendi durante il tuo playthrough PS4 sono per lo più irrilevanti perché verranno ignorate quando carichi il salvataggio sulla tua PS5, ma suggerirei di scegliere tutte le decisioni Heart durante il playthrough perché quelle scelte verranno mantenute e ti farà risparmiare tempo per dopo.

Passaggio 4: prima che inizi la lotta per il limite del distributore, esci dal menu principale e quindi chiudi il gioco. Carica i tuoi dati di salvataggio tramite il cloud storage e spegni la tua PS4.

Passaggio 5: accendi la tua PS5 e assicurati di avere entrambe le versioni PS5 e PS4 di Man of Medan installate su di essa. Se disponi di dati di salvataggio esistenti per entrambe le versioni del gioco, eliminali.

Passaggio 6: evidenzia la versione PS4 del gioco, premi Opzioni e scarica i dati di salvataggio dal cloud. Non è necessario aprire la versione PS4 del gioco. Devi solo importare i tuoi dati di salvataggio.

Passaggio 7: apri la versione PS5 di Man of Medan. Supponendo che tu abbia eliminato i dati di salvataggio della PS5, come indicato, ti verrà chiesto se desideri importare il salvataggio della PS4. Scegli si.

Passaggio 8 : scegli Movie Night e continua la storia. Inizierai poco prima della lotta per il limite del distributore e noterai che tutti sono vivi anche se ne hai uccisi alcuni durante il tuo playthrough PS4. Avevo ucciso quasi tutti durante il mio playthrough su PS4, ma sono tornati tutti, quindi non penso che tu possa sbloccare "Non un unico sopravvissuto" in Movie Night su PS5 in questo momento.

Passaggio 9: completa gli ultimi minuti del gioco, mantieni tutti in vita superando i pochi QTE rimanenti e quindi attendi che i titoli di coda e l'epilogo finiscano.

"Come quel film con la nave" si sbloccherà, insieme a "È qualcosa, suppongo" (se nessuno è morto alla fine) e anche "Vai con il tuo istinto" se hai scelto tutte le decisioni del Cuore. Questo test ha richiesto circa cinque ore in totale, per verificare che il caricamento di un salvataggio dopo Storm comporterebbe comunque un secondo arresto anomalo, ma non è tempo perso se ti aiuta e ti salva dal blocco del gioco.

Thank a lot, i unlocked Like that movie with the shipGo with your gut and Consider all the permutations(for which I have done nothing)

Fantastic guide

• 1 month later...
On 23.10.2022 at 6:45 PM, bikeman223 said:

Have the devs acknowledged that they intend to fix this glitch?

On Reddit supermassive games have someone responding with ‘I'm waiting for an update from the dev team regarding the details of the patches and their expected deployment dates, and once I have this information, I'll be sharing another update here on Reddit’, for about two months it has been the same response