Trophy thoughts

djb5f

Looks the same as so many previous installments.  They really need to change up these trophies.

And why breaking Gretzky’s record in Be A Pro again?  That grind wasn’t fun the first time (I still haven’t finished it lol).  Skipping this one.  Doesn’t look too difficult but need something new, gameplay or trophy wise, to pull me back.

As an aside, I don’t like the look of the cover.  Prefer the action shots in NHL gear.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, NZBigC said:

Screeewwwwww that Gretzky one! I got it in NHL 21, and it would have been about 20 hours quicker if you didn't have to talk to a teammate, your agent, a reporter, and then your agent again in between every. single. game.

How many seasons/games did it actually take?

I assume you set game times to like max and score like 100 pts/game on beginner or something? Each game would take forever but there would be less of the in-between BS. I've never plat'd an NHL game. This is mainly because I don't care for HUT (h2h is a bit too arcade-y imo) and even don't bother with BAP in recent years. Only really buy it each year to play CHEL with a few friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khain24 said:

I assume you set game times to like max and score like 100 pts/game on beginner or something? Each game would take forever but there would be less of the in-between BS. I've never plat'd an NHL game. This is mainly because I don't care for HUT (h2h is a bit too arcade-y imo) and even don't bother with BAP in recent years. Only really buy it each year to play CHEL with a few friends.

Beating  the Gretzky record is not so bad, like you said , you could probably get a ton of points every game , it's that the fact you have to retire. You do not choose when you retire, it happens in your 25th season. Hopefully, they get rid of all the cut scene/dialogue stuff in between games.....unlikely though. I've platted every one since 17, and I will still buy the game, since this is the only mp game I play with my friends, and I've always enjoyed HUT as well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khain24 said:

2 hours ago, hubster316 said:

Beating  the Gretzky record is not so bad, like you said , you could probably get a ton of points every game , it's that the fact you have to retire. You do not choose when you retire, it happens in your 25th season. Hopefully, they get rid of all the cut scene/dialogue stuff in between games.....unlikely though. I've platted every one since 17, and I will still buy the game, since this is the only mp game I play with my friends, and I've always enjoyed HUT as well!

The other issue with the BAP trophy is exactly that.  You cheese it so that all the sliders are in your favor so that scoring goes quicker, but that makes it all the worse and more boring to go through.

I much preferred online trophies here like winning 1’s and 3’s or reaching or winning HUT Division 1 back in the day.  More challenging but at least you could get through normal gameplay (if you were good enough).

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

The other issue with the BAP trophy is exactly that.  You cheese it so that all the sliders are in your favor so that scoring goes quicker, but that makes it all the worse and more boring to go through.

I much preferred online trophies here like winning 1’s and 3’s or reaching or winning HUT Division 1 back in the day.  More challenging but at least you could get through normal gameplay (if you were good enough).

Agreed, it's rare I would ever say make all the trophies online, but the NHL series is the one series where I know I'm skilled enough to tackle any online trophies thrown my way! Maybe NHL 24 !

• Like 1

Getting really sick of beating Gretzky’s record and playing 25 seasons of BaP while smashing ‘x’ through all their repetitive non-optional conversations/challenges.

”you promised to get 10 hits, bro!”

”sorry, bro!”

”it’s okay bro, just don’t let it happen again!”

”okay, bro!”

Just make it optional. Classic version vs authentic/modern version or something!

ugh!!! I’ll probably still platinum for rarity…sad

• Like 2

I did the Gretzky one in......NHL '12!!

No need to do it again. That was called 'One Great Career.' It's the same thing.

I despise Ones, so no way with that.

I mean, how do they have the balls to trot out the same trophies for so many years?

Looks like a other non-Plat since '18

Edited by TheGoaler
Spelled 'Gretzky' wrong. He called and told me.

6 hours ago, Chrono_Noki said:

Hey guys gonna be attempting this as my first NHL Plat. Realistically how long does breaking the record take? Just want a rough estimate just so I can mentally prepare myself for the grind, thanks!

I honestly couldn't tell you. It felt like 200 but in reality probably not bad. You could do a search online and see if anyone has any comments of length of time from previous years titles as it's the same stupid trophy only worse these last few years because of the insufferable cut scenes you can't turn off.

But I want to be clear that I have 84 games completed on my PlayStation account and the two most recent NHL games, NHL17 and NHL22 were BY FAR the most miserable to complete. BAP in the NHL series is the most brain dead low effort offering I have ever seen in a videogame and that trophy requires you to play way too much of it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...