Jump rope script doesn't work?

Wahllace

I've tried using the scripts as the guides say with remote play and all but 99% of the time vivi just jumps once and fails. I looked it up and the most updated videos say you should use septomor's script while adjusting the latency but i only got 20 jumps once and then it was back to one jump every time even with the same amount of latency. Does anyone know what i might be doing wrong? I heard you have to adjust the framerate and the resolution on remote play but i'm on ps4 pro and the latest version of remote play will only give you an option to adjust regular ps4 resolution and framerate. It gives you resolution and framerate according to your connection speed on ps4 pro. I have a 250 mb connection if that helps and both my ps4 pro and pc are directly connected to the router via ethernet if that helps.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

This trick does work but a recent update to the Remote Play app has broken it so you need to download an old version and try again: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/293235-working-on-hail-to-the-king-script-version-for-ps4/page/32/#comments

Thanks for the reply! i downloaded the older version on the link you sent but now when i try the script runs the count but vivi won't even jump once. Do you have an idea what could be going wrong?

Just now, Wahllace said:

Thanks for the reply! i downloaded the older version on the link you sent but now when i try the script runs the count but vivi won't even jump once. Do you have an idea what could be going wrong?

Unfortunately not, because this whole concept is foreign to me and I don't understand it :(.

I did this back in April, and as I recall, the script itself was changed slightly at some point, so it works differantly than the guide says.

What I found worked for me, was getting Vivi next to the girl, so the ! box shows up, then starting up the script.

You'll likely need to mess about with the latency, don't worry if it doens't work initially, let it run a few times before change latency, it seems to be a bit temperamental, sometimes it'll go to 100 jumps, other times it'll do as it sohuld ang hit 1000+

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shadowlord87 said:

I did this back in April, and as I recall, the script itself was changed slightly at some point, so it works differantly than the guide says.

What I found worked for me, was getting Vivi next to the girl, so the ! box shows up, then starting up the script.

You'll likely need to mess about with the latency, don't worry if it doens't work initially, let it run a few times before change latency, it seems to be a bit temperamental, sometimes it'll go to 100 jumps, other times it'll do as it sohuld ang hit 1000+

Finally got it! Thank you so much! I was starting the script when vivi was ready to jump so that's what was messing up with the timing! 650 latency did it for me!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I tell y’all my Settings i used to unlock this Trophy to let Other people know how to do it properly

PRE-SETS: (IMPORTANT)

0,25)  Put the smallest resolution of your laptop . To me was 1024x768. I try with full screen couple of times and never surpass 20/50 jump. With smallest resolution he surpass 1000 jump.

0,5) Run the previous version of Ps remote play and don’t use the updated one . For some reason I try it and with new version it doesn’t work . 

SETS:

1)Ps5

2)Computer and Ps5 connected to router with Wi-Fi and not high mb but such a crappy Wi-Fi (30mb) 

NOTE: so yes it’s possible to get it trough Wi-Fi too if you don’t or you can’t get two Ethernet cables  with even a trashy Wi-Fi as mine ?

3) I use script of 2020 of Septomor :

https://github.com/septomor/FF9-Jump-Rope-Script/blob/master/Jump.ahk

4) I read Septomor READ.ME at GitHub:

https://github.com/septomor/FF9-Jump-Rope-Script/commit/b46991b53ded8d62654f55fea5d54c8b07b4eeb0  

and I notice he say to change the LATENCY . So I read the code 

5)I change my latency at line 19 and I put my latency at 690

6) I scroll even down and ……this was were my suspicion going trough because I read another line were appear the Latency and specifically at Line 88 . 

7) So I change my Latency at 690 on both lines … Lines 19 and Lines 88

8 )  I put Vivi on right position letting him
Fail so he was ready to start in the right position to start the script 

9) I save the previous script with both Lines (19,88) customized with my latency at 690

10)  I start the script as administrator 

11) I let the box with queue and septomor letting visible inside the Ps Remote play on Pc

12) I run the script 

13)   A Magic Occured and finally on 1st try After I change Latency on Line 88 I finally did 1000+ jump ☺️

So probably for the people who have still this problem I only suggest to try to change latency not only on line 19, but even on line 88 if they try this on Ps5 as me or try it even if you use ps4 if you still have trouble following all Previous suggestions. 

so big thanks sgain to @Septomor and @Queuetip for create the Community that Allow people to understand that.

so again the key , I think , it’s to Change the script with the Latency you choose at Line 19 and Line 88 too and try .

Important to me was to use a previous version of Ps remote play and setting my laptop to the smallest resolution that was 1024x768 for me . With Newest version of Psremote and Full screen on Laptop Resolution he always fail at 20/50/70  jump not even surpassing 100.

That’s All . Thank Y’all again . Peace ✌️

• 2 months later...

From the trophy guide the link to the SciTE4AutoHotkey isn't working. What should be used instead?

Edit: Never mind I was able to find it, but now the esc key won't run the script. Is this the issue people have with newer versions of remote play or have I messed up the autohotkey program?

Edit 2: I've managed to get it to work. Now it is just a matter of tweaking the latency and try to get it past 101 jumps. 

bikeman223.png

Edited by bikeman223

Hi Man, I am trying to do it with the new Jump.ahk, but the issue is when I press start it shows the word start but it dose not start if I press Ctr Esc it exists.  So I think I am unable to start the script.

when using the old one that starts with pressing T it starts so how to start this one? or you are using another one 

Forgive my ignorance, and potential lack of reading, but I'm struggling to even get a script to properly run to the point where I can start worry about latency.

1. I'm using an older Remote Play as many suggested. Downloaded each of the softwares. Using the newest script.

2. Can't save script files so they have an "H" file image. If I do, and try to open it, it gives me an "Error: Function calls require a space or "(".  Use comma only between parameters." I'm confident this is my issue, I just don't know what to do here.

3. I can open the non-"H" versions, but only through the "AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit" program. In general, I can't run these as admin, but I can get the menu where I select which script and press Start.

4. I get a little box that says "Start" and then it starts counting. It does nothing to the game. Nothing I press influences this. Pressing "t," "esc", etc doesn't work. I can press "Enter" to have Vivi talk to the girls, so keyboard functionality with Remote Playe works.

Any help and tip would be greatly appreciated! :)

7 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

it’s accessible to everyone, I think, is the reasoning. 

It's no skin off my nose really, if people want to use it It's their business and none of mine, it just the double standards that bugs me, I've seen many profiles here get flagged for way less, but this method in which consists of using outside help and a computer program in a way the developers never intended It’s okay, even encouraged since it's mentioned in the trophy guide here, I will never understand  this mindset, it just seems unfair that's all.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

I'm curious how rare the platinum would be without the script method or how many have made it without scripts?

Way rarer, it's already rare as it is but it takes a long time, took me 18 hours jumping rope, the jump between 200 and 300 jumps is unholy, and took me another 20+ hours farming enemies, I only did it because I truly love FFIX.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Way rarer, it's already rare as it is but it takes a long time, took me 18 hours jumping rope, the jump between 200 and 300 jumps is unholy, and took me another 20+ hours farming enemies, I only did it because I truly love FFIX.

I completely understand you. For me it was the very first Final Fantasy game back then on the PS1. So I decided to make it my 100th platinum and 5000th trophy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe you have already got the trophy, but for reference of others who would have similar issues:

On 21/01/2023 at 7:04 PM, BrilloHD said:

1. I'm using an older Remote Play as many suggested. Downloaded each of the softwares. Using the newest script.

I used the newest version of remote play, i had no problems with it, i just had to adjust the latency (671 in my case) and it was done over the wifi.

2. Can't save script files so they have an "H" file image. If I do, and try to open it, it gives me an "Error: Function calls require a space or "(".  Use comma only between parameters." I'm confident this is my issue, I just don't know what to do here.

AHK version 2 has transformed commands into functions, use 1.1 version instead.

4. I get a little box that says "Start" and then it starts counting. It does nothing to the game. Nothing I press influences this. Pressing "t," "esc", etc doesn't work. I can press "Enter" to have Vivi talk to the girls, so keyboard functionality with Remote Playe works.

Each script works differently, you have to find the correct starting point.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 5:27 AM, rodrigo1UP said:

I believe you have already got the trophy, but for reference of others who would have similar issues:

I used the newest version of remote play, i had no problems with it, i just had to adjust the latency (671 in my case) and it was done over the wifi.

AHK version 2 has transformed commands into functions, use 1.1 version instead.

Each script works differently, you have to find the correct starting point.

Yes, I did get it to work! I did have to use the older version of AutoHotKey (it has the option to download/install older versions right in the program). I was racking my brain trying to figure it out when I first attempted this. Weeks later when I decided to try again, I stumbled upon this option within minutes and gave it shot ? Thank you for your clarification! No wonder I couldn't get it to work before. Hopefully, our exchange can help others!

670 was the magic latency in my case. Took two attempts for the script to get it at that point. I was still on the older version of Remote Play, on wifi, and made no other changes (like to my resolution).

Hello. Can someone please help me out.
I have run the script with the following settings, but Vivi will not talk to the girl and start jumping.
The script seems to be running and the numbers are increasing.
It seems that AutoHotkey is not working for remote play.

PS4
PS4 Remote Play 6.0.0.02240
AutoHotkey 1.1.36.02
SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0
Jump Script FF9 septomor (2020)

I got v5.0.0.2220 to try an older version of PS4 Remote Play but it fails to install.

• 2 weeks later...

Script doesnt work at all and improper versions are listed everywhere for download

I followed the guide and ran the script, couldn't, there was an error in the script it said and it wouldn't work at all. I dug up a different jump script, the script said the code was made for an older version of the program when i tried running it,windows automatically downloaded the older version and still wrong, syntax errors or something. Went back to the old script, now I have a unique window that pops up when I run the script.

Now I assume I start it at 0 with vivi standing in between the girls and I click start on the script box then X on my controller and it should work right? Wrong, does nothing, I see a small windows text box counting sometimes but it does seem to detect somethings failing. Can't get it to go past one jump, I'm assuming it's not seeing the remote play window at all.

I download an older version of remote play, still nothing. I GO BACK to the newest version of remote play and I notice that it sizes the window to a specific resolution and places it in the corner, I guess somewhere it's reading the screen to see if it failed or not but no actions are actually being sent to the program. I spent a half hour figuring out why I can't just run the script at all, the guy just double clicks the .exe in the video and it just works yet mine explodes.

Just trying to make some idiot in a video game jump for me, whats the point of all these githubs and all this programming if it DOESN'T WORK!? Guess I'm shelving the game till a working program gets made.

Edited by StanPortrBridges

• 1 month later...
On 22/03/2023 at 0:34 AM, StanPortrBridges said:

I click start on the script box then X on my controller and it should work right?

If you're signed in to your controller then that means remote play isn't signed in (at least on PS5). Your controller will be turned off if it's set up right. You'll need to use the enter key on your keyboard to get to the right position for the script to run. The script will start the jumping from you in the position with the exclamation mark above your head. Enter key is just to get you back to the start if you're part way through the process.

Edit: you may have your controller connected to the device running remote play so ignore that bit if that's what you meant, but either way the script will start the game, you don't need to press X, and may be effecting the timing by manually starting it. 

KennyFF92s post here works if you follow it exactly: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/142048-is-jump-script-method-even-possible-these-days/?page=3. you'll still need to play with the latency to get it to 1000 but the process is sound. The only thing I found is it had to run the Remote Play .MSI file, not the .exe as I got installation errors on Windows 10.

Edit2: I set it up on a second machine using the instructions above so I could do it via ethernet. I set remote play priority in task manager to real time and used 360p/standard. The latency 640 worked for me after ~10 attempts. Some stopped <100. Some stopped at 600+, but on the last attempt it got to 1100+. It's very temperamental. If it's not sending input to remote play make sure you're running AHK as admin (you can set it to always start as admin in compatibility mode. Also note, running as admin doesn't mean an admin user, it means running the software with admin privileges, by right clicking and selecting 'run as administrator') and that no security software is trying to quarantine it since the script behaviour is similar to some malware. Also in the instructions above, it's a little confusing about what they do with the AHK software. I renamed the default to have a different prefix then renamed the 64bit version to autohotkey.exe, and used that to run the script. I also set the text speed in the game to max, though I'm not sure if that makes a difference for the girl's text boxes. 

Also on the second machine, if it failed the timing to retry was off, so I'd need to restart AHK each time.

Edited by stewartw0w