a new way to play online?

xJnoOoN

hello I'm trying to play blur online but it seems i cant connect to the room and i have searched in psnprofile i have found a way to enter the room while using DNS is this a legit to use DNS?

or its legitimate ?

I found the DNS Trick in this post 

1 minute ago, Gnillisch said:

I still don't understand why people keep saying these are illegitimate now. Yes, you need to adjust your DNS. There are plenty of games that force you to adjust your DNS/Network to play online. Especially on PS3. PSONE servers that autopop/hack trophies I agree should be removed, but this example is totally legit. So if I would be removed from the lb here because I got legit trophies, it would only be worth a laughter to be honest. 

By that logic, if a game forces you to have NAT-Type 1 connection to host a game, this is illegitimate too. Because me as NAT-Type 2 can't host so therefore the trophies are unattainable. Still this is accepted. Plus all the accounts doing easy region stacks games need to be banned from the leaderboards. Because they do account sharing which is breaking Sony's ToS. 1f913.png

Contact @MMDE, plead your case for why these servers should be included in the approved list, provide evidence they are open source and that the trophies are obtainable by normal means without hacks of any kind:

Important Factors

• Don't modify in-game or server environment. Trophies must be earned in the same manner as when the official servers were online.
  • Available for everyone. Anyone can potentially setup the server themselves if they have a computer and decent computer knowledge.

List of Approved Software

Contact me (MMDE) via status update or private message on the forum for information you have regarding software you feel should be added to the approved list.

37 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Contact @MMDE, plead your case for why these servers should be included in the approved list, provide evidence they are open source and that the trophies are obtainable by normal means without hacks of any kind:

what i did is i tried to play the game without the DNS but it wont let me enter the Room after i put the DNS i can enter the Room i didn't do anything else other than what i said

i can provide the picture for the error message Without The DNS 

• 3 weeks later...

That's been a common problem for years, and nobody knows the exact reason why it works for some people and not others.. Heck, at this stage it may no longer work for any new players, difficult to test.

I thought there would be some way to get why the player DukE0HenrY managed to unlock the trophy after 2 years. Ask him why he still doesn't answer!

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2022 at 7:05 PM, Gnillisch said:

Edit: It's not even a custom DNS. It's just using an official Google DNS.

This is what I thought, too. It's a Google server. I'm sure I (and many others) have used in the past when you had to get past the buggy Ubisoft servers or the lagging ones or when there were NAT issues. 

So if open source is the rule and Goggle servers are open source, ergo it should be allowed. 

But it's up to the powers that are to flag people or not. I have my own opinions on that but I will keep it to myself.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to contact the creator(s) of that server? I’d like to get in touch with them. I can’t promise miracles, but you could say I would aspire to convince them to make it “open source,” or at least gather their rationale for not doing so. Let’s venture into idealism and say I succeeded. All they have to do is post some items on GitHub? Then we wait for staff to make an addendum to the approved list? Even if it was open source for a limited time, it could reduce the number of “flaggable achievers,” (if you didn’t get the sarcasm I share with others such as those here) as during that timeframe any trophies earned wouldn’t have to be hidden.

If you want to be on the leaderboards then don't try your hand on these types of things. Even with the whitelisting we've seen lately that the CRT can reverse these things and you can still end up being flagged for things that were "legal" at the time, as we've seen with Motorstorm. It's a really weird gray area on this site for some reason. 

If you don't care about leaderboards, go ahead and play it. If you do, play it on a burner account if you really miss playing Blur. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gnillisch said:

Which server do you mean? The DNS setting is official Google DNS and therefore open source already if you mean that. 

It seems I misunderstood. I thought there was some self built server that the DNS setting directed to in lieu of the deteriorated official server. And being that, also not approved because it isn’t under the custom server list since my last check. So yeah I sure was confused as there were many users unlocking online trophies yet there were no flags or disputes, so far only for the PS3 Transformers games(?).

All points are moot for now though given those reporting the game returned to working condition. Hooray, it’s now indisputably ‘legal’ to play online/unlock online trophies again.

On 14/02/2023 at 1:16 AM, EqualityEarth said:

It seems I misunderstood. I thought there was some self built server that the DNS setting directed to in lieu of the deteriorated official server.

You didn't misunderstand, others are simply trying to defend their actions..

Google search 'Amax Emu', they have a discord channel. I already reached out concerning open-source and the stance of PSNP, sadly they weren't interested in cooperating.

On 14/02/2023 at 2:16 AM, EqualityEarth said:

Hooray, it’s now indisputably ‘legal’ to play online/unlock online trophies again.

And while you can access original servers again and get online trophies without being flagged, you can still play on the "private" servers ... but you can't determinate on which server people get their trophies ...

Just showing how absurd this rule is X)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...