Confused about all the COD MW games ? Read this

I'm looking forward to next CoD games from each dev, Modern Warfare II 2, Black Ops  ̶I̶I̶I̶I̶  and Vanguard 2 (the joke here is thinking Vaguard 2 is gonna happen).

But in all seriousness they should have used another subtitle if they wanted to ride that MW coattail so much, something like "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Revengeance", just like Cold War did. It indeed isn't that confusing, but it sure is dumb.

• Like 1

It's curious how the Modern Warfare moniker is still around, since it started out as a way to set CoD4 apart from its WW2 predecessors. Brand recognition, no doubt. The OG trilogy was a huge success.

How they should have named the games:

Modern Warfare (the PS3 trilogy, Ghosts)

Covert Warfare (the Black Ops games)

Future Warfare (Advanced, Infinite)

Conventional Warfare (World at War, WW2, Vanguard)

Contemporary Warfare (the new MW games)

But CoD Advanced Warfare was the one that really got me confused when it released. The name was very similar to the GR Advanced Warfighter series.

220.jpg

1 hour ago, farradono said:

To be fair they named the 4th Black Ops  “IIII” so I’m not sure they’re actually following Roman numerals.

So dumb ?

Can't wait for Blops IIIII

Hope the soldier in the cover is lifting his hand as to show how many.

??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

It's curious how the Modern Warfare moniker is still around, since it started out as a way to set CoD4 apart from its WW2 predecessors. Brand recognition, no doubt. The OG trilogy was a huge success.

How they should have named the games:

Modern Warfare (the PS3 trilogy, Ghosts)

Covert Warfare (the Black Ops games)

Future Warfare (Advanced, Infinite)

Conventional Warfare (World at War, WW2, Vanguard)

Contemporary Warfare (the new MW games)

But CoD Advanced Warfare was the one that really got me confused when it released. The name was very similar to the GR Advanced Warfighter series.

220.jpg

So dumb 1f602.png

Can't wait for Blops IIIII

Hope the soldier in the cover is lifting his hand as to show how many.

1f590.png1f620.png

Its probably because its the only cod offshoot that consistently features the same core cast in its campaigns as black ops is all over the place in terms of which characters are in which game and where it fits on the timeline(cold war wasn't even gonna be a black ops game originally as the campaign was recycled from sledgehammers cancelled game that was supposed to release before cold war)everything else have largely been standalone but modern warfare 1-3 had an ongoing storyline that continued through each game and the new reboot continues that trend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgm4789 said:

...modern warfare 1-3 had an ongoing storyline that continued through each game and the new reboot continues that trend.

I really enjoyed the MW trilogy campaigns. The cool action set pieces, the great characters on both sides, and the ever-escalating stakes that culminate in World War 3.

tumblr_mrs63rNd6d1rrf3wyo1_400.gif

?

Is the rebooted storyline also heading towards a global conflict?

9 hours ago, XXIIlII said:

Already happened with god of war, ratchet & clank, Doom, Saints row and few more. Don't like it but it is what it is.

Gotta love God of War 2018 being a direct sequel to 3, and then they just drop any numbering when it comes to Ragnarok. At least Ratchet was a remake of the first game, so it's not too bad.

I'll be the dumbass here and admit that when I first saw this on the PS5 store front, I thought it was a remastered version of Modern Warfare 2 of 2009. Then was confused because I also saw the campaign remaster.

The average customer, as in the ones that don't even really know what a trophy cabinet is, will most likely be confused at some point as well.

• Like 1