11 games announced for PSVR2 including: The Dark Pictures: Switchblade VR, The Light Bregade, and Jurassic World

Breakingthegreen

Full Blog linked below:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/02/11-new-ps-vr2-games-announced-the-dark-pictures-switchback-vr-cities-vr-enhanced-edition-crossfire-sierra-squad-and-more/

Trailers of each game are listed below:

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/01/19/playstation-vr2-13-new-titles-and-launch-lineup-revealed/

Thirteen more games have been announced in one huge block  including PC indie darling Before Your Eyes, PvE shooter Pavlov VR, and PS5 versions of Synth Riders, Thumper and Tetris Effect. Some upgrades are free for previous owners, and some have a $10 fee, and some have no mention of an upgrade path.

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 2

When Sony first announced PSVR2 I thought "Man, they're going to really have to shift into overdrive with attracting these developers to port their games over because there aren't many games here" and I'll say, I've been impressed with Sony's recovery on this before launch - I even pre-ordered one because most games I've been wanting to play are confirmed now

Job Simulator & Vacation Simulator are also part of this new games list, which I don't believe was really confirmed until now for PSVR 2? :hmm:

Polyphony has also confirmed that pretty much all of Gran Turismo 7 will be playable in VR: "While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life."

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, parkerdip said:

Do you think all these VR2 ports will have a brand new trophy list as a new PS5 SKU or just PS4 upgrades? I'm interested in getting the Thumper plat again. That was my 50th platinum and is one of my rarest. 

Yes, PS5 trophy lists are basically a different "framework" than the PS4 & prior lists, so they will get their own trophy lists for PS VR 2

4 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Polyphony has also confirmed that pretty much all of Gran Turismo 7 will be playable in VR: "While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life."

I tried the game flat and found it tremendously disappointing, but maybe I'll pick it up again for VR. Ideally we'll get a port of Grid Legends VR though, since I much prefer arcade racers.

The launch lineup's looking pretty good though, yeah, especially for people who have never owned a VR set before. It'll probably be a bit before I can afford one, but still. Hopefully having a high end VR platform that's actually popular (assuming PSVR2 sells well) will encourage more developers to create high end VR experiences, as a lot of VR games end up being bottlenecked by being optimized for the Quest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to see the port of In Death unchained to the PSVR2. 

I loved to play In Death on PSVR, but its obvious that it was a quick and dirty port without any support or updates after release. 

1 hour ago, AquaNSky said:

Tentacular looks like my kind of game.

I think this will be the first PSVR2 game I'll start. ?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Messknecht said:

I'd really like to see the port of In Death unchained to the PSVR2. 

I loved to play In Death on PSVR, but its obvious that it was a quick and dirty port without any support or updates after release. 

I have been saying this ever since they announced PSVR2.
Its a great game that is even greater on PC VR headsets.

• Like 1