Free upgrade / Autopop ?

Thrillhelm

• 3 weeks later...

On 18-12-2022 at 0:31 AM, RoaringMdog18 said:

So, no upgrade for the disc version then?

On 18-12-2022 at 1:10 AM, iriihutoR84 said:

I don't think anyone has implied to have tested yet. 

On 21-1-2023 at 2:02 AM, Vulpine9Tails said:

Can confirm no upgrade for disc version. Just tried today.

On 14-2-2023 at 11:55 PM, Aanginator said:

I just remembered about the PS5 upgrade and I have the disc copy.  Inserted it and isn't showing about it being a free upgrade if it's supposed to be a free upgrade.

I have been in contact with Microids since shortly after the release of the PS5 version and reminding them from time to time that the disc upgrade is not working while it is said to be a free upgrade also if the PS4 disc is used. They also said so on Twitter.

Same problem for Asterix and Obelix xxl romastered, xxl2, xxl3 and slap them all.

They're all supposed to be free upgrades, also with disc. But the disc upgrades still don't work.

Their last reply from yesterday:

Dear <name>,

There is currently no news about the upgrade and their availability of now, we are sorry. As soon as we have news about it, we will get back to you.

Best regards,
Customer support Microids

Feels like the same situation as with Apsulov. Took from release in August to the next December/January before that disc upgrade finally worked.

The only Microids games that the free disc upgrades work that I'm aware of are the ones that had it on release, so both PS4/PS5 released on the same day: Smurfs Vileaf, Garfield Lasagna Party, Asterix and Obelix xxxl ram from Hibernia.
---

On 27-1-2023 at 4:17 AM, kingjavs said:

So, assuming this doesn’t autopop?

No save transfer or autopop...

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I figured I'd try to check to see if inserting the disc of the PS4 release and see about the free PS5 upgrade.  At the time of this post, still not showing about the free PS5 upgrade at least on my end as it's been over 2 months since my last post in this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Really do enjoy games from this publisher but they never bothered to fix it which really annoyed me. Neither this or the Asterix games were fixed for owners of the PS4 disc versions. Since neither of them are available on disc for PS5 either but are free for digital owner purchases, I refuse to pay again. It would be a different matter if it wasn't free for digital purchases but as it is, why should disc owners be penalized.

50 minutes ago, Dakthore said:

Really do enjoy games from this publisher but they never bothered to fix it which really annoyed me. Neither this or the Asterix games were fixed for owners of the PS4 disc versions. Since neither of them are available on disc for PS5 either but are free for digital owner purchases, I refuse to pay again. It would be a different matter if it wasn't free for digital purchases but as it is, why should disc owners be penalized.

Around release I could find PS5 disc versions in my country for the asterix and obelix games. Not sure about marsupilami.

They were able to create a free disc upgrade for Smurfs Vileaf, garfield lasagna and Asterix hibernia when they released them. 3 cases the PS4 and PS5 versions released on the same day.
But not with the older games where PS4 was released awhile before PS5.

And I'm at the same stance right now, won't even bother with any of their games from now on until (maybe) a good sale.

Edit: I'll try one more time to mail them but no high hopes...

Edited by Kolm

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Thrillhelm @Dakthore @Aanginator @Vulpine9Tails @iriihutoR84 @RoaringMdog18 
They finally fixed the PS5 disc upgrade! Thanks to @marcsnake for mentioning that Asterix and Obelix slap them all recently got the disc upgrade fixed which made me check the rest of the microid games.

I checked all the other microids games that I have and that got a PS5 upgrade way after the PS4 release where the disc upgrade wasn't working and they're all fixed:

Marsupilami Hoobadventure (CUSA 27816)
Asterix and obelix XXL Romastered (CUSA 19541)

Asterix and obelix XXL2 (CUSA 13367)

Asterix and obelix XXL3 The Crystal Menhir (CUSA 16983)

Asterix and obelix Slap them all (CUSA 23755)

Microid games for which the PS4 and PS5 version released at the same time, all worked on release or 1-2 days after. (Garfield Lasagna party, Smurfs vileaf and Asterix and obelix ram of hibernia)

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 4:06 AM, Kolm said:

@Thrillhelm @Dakthore @Aanginator @Vulpine9Tails @iriihutoR84 @RoaringMdog18 
They finally fixed the PS5 disc upgrade! Thanks to @marcsnake for mentioning that Asterix and Obelix slap them all recently got the disc upgrade fixed which made me check the rest of the microid games.

I checked all the other microids games that I have and that got a PS5 upgrade way after the PS4 release where the disc upgrade wasn't working and they're all fixed:

Marsupilami Hoobadventure (CUSA 27816)
Asterix and obelix XXL Romastered (CUSA 19541)

Asterix and obelix XXL2 (CUSA 13367)

Asterix and obelix XXL3 The Crystal Menhir (CUSA 16983)

Asterix and obelix Slap them all (CUSA 23755)

Microid games for which the PS4 and PS5 version released at the same time, all worked on release or 1-2 days after. (Garfield Lasagna party, Smurfs vileaf and Asterix and obelix ram of hibernia)

Awesome, thanks for the update! Gave up on this a long time ago, i'll definitely replay this at some point. 

• Like 1