Is this a little bit shit?

PotrikBerger

It was an okay game. Ps3 era vibes.

Chapter 16 was stupid + had a few bugs. Gameplay and graphic was nice. Can't imagine how annoying Grand Finale is on evil difficulty. I lowered the difficulty while fighting the last Boss  because it was so annoying and I'm not interested to get the platinum. 1 run was enough.

Good luck and fun to anyone who tries to get the platinum.

• Like 2

I didnt like it, also thought it was pretty shit. 

AA tier but low end. Feels like an early ps3 game. Controls are janky, no lock on for targets, graphics are sub par. Cinematics don't have mouth movements, story is not really interesting. Typos in lore, has its set path it wants you to go on but can't jump over a small branch. Think invisible walls of ps2/3 era. 

Its one of the weaker games on the monthly plus cycle unfortunately. The trophy list however isn't overly horrible but evil difficulty does have a spike to it and it also requires a NG+ playthrough for plat. Its just not a very good or fun experience so I'd not recommend it, a lot of other titles to try out.

There is the standard difficulty exploit from most of these lower tiers of games however. You can swap the difficulty to Evil just before a boss fight then once it commences you can swap it back to story and you will still get the evil difficulty trophy.

Edited by Ac3dUd3-
  • Like 3

On 11/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, PotrikBerger said:

Only two or three hours in, and probably unfair on it that I’m coming into it off of Ragnarok, but....this seems a bit shit.

Doesnt seem very much to it, does it get better as game goes on?

comparing Ragnarok to evil west is stupid 

two completely different games 

game fun not too serious just relax and start to enjoy the game  

Struggled to get into it at the start. Didn't help that the game wouldn't let me heal when the tutorial for how to heal popped up and I couldn't progress without doing it forcing a restart then I got stuck on a chest later forcing a second restart. Thankfully only suffered 1 or 2 minor issues since then.

Felt clunky to begin with and was dying a lot for Normal difficulty. started to enjoy it more as I unlocked new stuff then hit a difficulty spike and it started to become more frustrating than anything as even on normal your health just vanishes after 1/2 hits then I started to actually use all my tools instead of constantly saving them for emergencies and the game clicked A lot more. do not hoard your abilities, use them as often as possible for a much easier time.

Finished it on normal, started an evil difficulty ng+ playthrough, waltzed through the first half of the game and enjoyed it a lot more but now im about to hit the point where I saw a difficulty spike on normal so that may change again by the time I'm through with it.

There's a few encounters and bosses later on I'm not looking forward to on evil difficulty

• Like 1

This reminds me of Darkwatch from ps2 and Ride to Hell Retribution 1% mixed together with light Doom 2016 elements. 

Not a terrible game. Not a great game. 

Baseline average. It's straight up, a video game. Enjoy it or don't. Story is also very Baseline average. Skip the cutscenes or indulge. 

Fun to get the platinum and play in between others. that's about it.

• Like 1

I enjoyed it, as many said earlier it was basically a PS3 game in terms of execution but that isn't necessarily bad. I personally didn't find Evil to be that bad and I did it on my first run

• Like 2

On 1/9/2024 at 8:53 AM, Dinniestar said:

comparing Ragnarok to evil west is stupid 

two completely different games 

game fun not too serious just relax and start to enjoy the game  

Yeah I agree, it would be stupid. Which is why I made no comparison whatsoever and just acknowledged that the game I had played previous to Evil West was GoW.

And I was pretty relaxed. Context is everything. I made the post pretty much on release of the game and I had paid full price. Playing it for free from the store may have made me think differently about it.  However, as I have posted above, once I platted the game I still felt the game was indeed a little bit shit and my advice was to pick it up at least half price if not cheaper and then it may be more palatable. Paying £45 for it was not. Game was bland and once you cracked crowd control the gameplay was dull, derivative and repetitive as the devs idea of difficulty is just to throw more enemies on the screen not actually test the player in any real way. It was an OK game. but thats it. Not worth £45 buy any stretch.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

Yeah I agree, it would be stupid. Which is why I made no comparison whatsoever and just acknowledged that the game I had played previous to Evil West was GoW.

And I was pretty relaxed. Context is everything. I made the post pretty much on release of the game and I had paid full price. Playing it for free from the store may have made me think differently about it.  However, as I have posted above, once I platted the game I still felt the game was indeed a little bit shit and my advice was to pick it up at least half price if not cheaper and then it may be more palatable. Paying £45 for it was not. Game was bland and once you cracked crowd control the gameplay was dull, derivative and repetitive as the devs idea of difficulty is just to throw more enemies on the screen not actually test the player in any real way. It was an OK game. but thats it. Not worth £45 buy any stretch.

in that regard ill agree with you paying £45 for the game is a stretch 

definitely should waited for a sale/maybe plus but should have that mindset for most games expect big hitters like god of war 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

I feel for ya there. I paid full price for the Callisto Protocol and my same thoughts more or less. I so wished I slept on it and waited for the ps plus release. 

God damn, what a waste of $70 plus tax....

• Like 2

I just got the platinum, and this game isn't good. It's a unoptimized, unpolished, repetitive buggy mess. When I was on one chapter in the game, the audio glitched out, and it even froze the game FOUR times. I would not recommend the game at all. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 8:25 AM, Ac3dUd3- said:

There is the standard difficulty exploit from most of these lower tiers of games however. You can swap the difficulty to Evil just before a boss fight then once it commences you can swap it back to story and you will still get the evil difficulty trophy.

Where did you find this exploit? I have looked and I can't see anyone that has mentioned you can do this.

If there is an exploit I'm taking it because I do not want to play this again on evil.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sirpickle311 said:

Where did you find this exploit? I have looked and I can't see anyone that has mentioned you can do this.

If there is an exploit I'm taking it because I do not want to play this again on evil.

This person mentions it in the comments https://www.trueachievements.com/a377257/werent-you-listening-achievement

Dunno if it would unlock doing the whole game for evil though but apparently the bosses work?

• 3 weeks later...