PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

Only thing id like to ask is if you could you get the word out that we'd like to get more classics with trophy support going forward, and continue to keep patching the ones yall have already released with trophies like with Super Stardust Portable and Jumping Flash! Thanks

Edited by CB7Tuner91
  • Like 2

I know a lot of old Playstation 1 games had the infamous warping glitch but man why is it so bad on this game? I don't ever remember this happening on the original release, did they reimport the animations using entirely integers and no floats?

There's a bit where Dart is tapping his foot but there's no interpolation in his foot movement at all, it just jerks between two and very wide set positions.

Also the polygons moving, about they constantly show the inside of player's heads or arms at an alarming rate as if the meshes aren't connected together at all. Small movements are the worst, all characters glitch like crazy, like mild spazms.

There's also weird Z ordering issues, like Lavitz will be doing his victory celebration whilst stood on top of grass which is actually in the foreground.

And then river and smoke effects. they now look awesome?

Even without the soft locking (which I haven't experienced yet) this is like playing the game on an inprogress Playstation emulator from 1999 on Windows 98.

Hi @jefXfree I know your job is recollect bugs to inform Sony, but can you suggest them to add new trophies to The Legend of Dragoon like "learn all additions" or "defeat the secret boss Faust"? I think all fans are a little dissapointed with the list.

But first they have to fix the bugs, of course.

• Like 3

Well, no pressure, however the story about this release being a mess is starting to break out internationally now, including an article in gaming section in Forbes.
While it's appreciated we have unofficial channels that we can share issues to, it would be more professional from Sony if they were to make sort of official statement.
There are already people who got Platinum, proving that it is possible to beat this game as it is right now, but it has to be forced with save states and rewinds to fudge certain AI attack patterns that will not cause a soft lock and excessive grind to avoid using Dragoon powers and kill everything ASAP. That's not the way this game should be played by anyone.
Now, to me, it isn't too big of an issue, since I bought and beat this game on PS3 years ago and received license for PS4/5 for free, however if game is proven tough to fix in timely manner, Sony will have to issue a statement and let people who bought it after re-release have it refunded.
I don't blame engineering team since they probably had deadline to meet, but if QA would attempt to play at least through disc 1, these issues would be discovered before release for sure.

Edited by TheSwordUserYT
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 10:18 AM, jefXfree said:

All bugs up until this post have been delivered to the team.

Awesome. I'm so glad somebody cares enough to listen to the players and help them out with the issues of the games for the teams to fix. 

Thank you jefXfree you are an awesome person 

Edited by fallenkai
  • Like 2

Hey Folks,

Not sure what to add of value here other than another longtime fan of the series adding to the forum numbers, hoping to drive participation in a patch to fix the issue with the soft lock. Hats off to folks that play tested this like they did - super impressed with the diligence of some of you out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

Can you detail the bug you're seeing here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/138018-playstation-classics-issues-no-trophy-requests-or-new-game-requests/?page=7

Are you just waking into an area and doing a random battle?  Boss battle?  etc?

I’m fighting the dragon spirits as soon as I start a the battle with regole the game instantly soft locks no items magic or attack used no enemy attack obviously regole is trying to use a certain attack that causing the soft lock same with Frey brand but he is slower and my max speed is 110 with meru but he always gets the first attack so I can’t fight him unless I level up to match his speed just to rewind the fight every time it soft locks just to play the game 

8 minutes ago, thundergod_cid said:

I’m fighting the dragon spirits as soon as I start a the battle with regole the game instantly soft locks no items magic or attack used no enemy attack obviously regole is trying to use a certain attack that causing the soft lock same with Frey brand but he is slower and my max speed is 110 with meru but he always gets the first attack so I can’t fight him unless I level up to match his speed just to rewind the fight every time it soft locks just to play the game 

Thank you.

• Like 2

Hi all,

This is my first post here and since last night I was sharing with @BltzZ on Twitter about a bug I found that was still present after the update (I didn't use save state, I've been using Game Save feature the whole time).

Here's the video (I have to record it from the phone since the crash cancels the recording from within the system). Since it's in Spanish, basically the issue is that whenever you try to use "Charm Potion" the game will crash. It doesn't matter if it's on the map or in any location, it always crashes: 

• Like 2