PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

Syphon Filter 3 has been patched again and this has fixed the issue with the analog controls being missing - thanks @jefXfree

Gentle reminder than the same issue still exists in Syphon Filter 2 (along with the issue where the NTSC version of the game runs slower than it should in the European release), if they're able to go back and fix that. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andshrew said:

Syphon Filter 3 has been patched again and this has fixed the issue with the analog controls being missing - thanks @jefXfree

Gentle reminder than the same issue still exists in Syphon Filter 2 (along with the issue where the NTSC version of the game runs slower than it should in the European release), if they're able to go back and fix that. ?

3 hours ago, I3rand0 said:

Legend of Dragoon has extremely low audio/music after the latest patch.  Impossible to hear anything without turning up volume to unreasonable levels.

Passed the info along.

• Like 3

Hi, is anyone experiencing a black screen trying to go from the lower level back upper level on the ghost ship(Phatom Ship).? I just defeated the three purple ghosts and was told to go the Captain quarter’s but when I try going up I get stuck on a black screen. I have a sneaking suspicion it’s because I’m using the save/load instead the in game save. Last time I used that was at the end of disc one?. Someone please tell I don’t have to start again at the beginning? 

Hi, 

I have downloaded The Legend of Dragoon and when I try to use the touch pad to go pull up the games start menu, nothing happens. I can’t heal outside of battle or teach new skills to my characters and this makes the game a hassle to enjoy. Nostalgia makes me want to finish the game but paying for buggy classics makes me want to unsubscribe from psn altogether. 

Hi not sure if this is a bug that can be fixed but in Harvest Moon : Back to Nature , i am facing a nasty bug where in the chicken coop the feedbox hitbox wont register causing the feeding to fail, can check this by trying to examine the feedbox there will be no text. To fix have to exit out of the build and re-enter then on examine the feedbox text pops up and can place the feed fine. Here is a video  i made to show the bug and fix 

Edited by liquidsnakehpks
spellings

From a while ago, but Wild Arms trophies glitched for me. Not really sure what the issue is, but I would caution people not to use both the traditional saves and the new saves simultaneously. It does odd stuff in general, though I can’t confirm it a used the trophy glitch.

(Specifically, the trophy for defeating all the golems never unlocked.)

• Like 1

Just to piggyback on what a couple of other posters have mentioned: Jumping Flash! does indeed suffer from a number of visual glitches following its most recent patch. (The one which added trophy support.) The frame rate appears to have taken a very slight hit, too.

Similarly, Wild Arms frequently stutters during the 2D segments (towns, overworld, dungeons) and also suffers from visual artifacting during combat transitions. (A sort of random splatter of black noise will appear across the upper portion of the screen.) For whatever it’s worth, a near identical issue occurs on PlayStation 5 with Mega Man Legacy Collection vol. 1 whenever either of the in-game CRT filters are in use. I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue in Wild Arms with the retro classic filter turned off, so perhaps there’s something about CRT shaders that the PlayStation 5 doesn’t play nice with in certain games? (That said, the problem also crops up pretty randomly in Wild Arms, so it may simply be dumb luck that I haven’t encountered it yet with the CRT filter turned off.)

I’m using the PS5/NTSC versions of both Jumping Flash! and Wild Arms.

Also, is this the place to also mention issues with the handful of PS2 Classics on PlayStation 5? Or strictly PSX stuff?

Thanks either way!

Edited by TowelFight
Typo, additional question
  • Like 2

In The Legend of Dragoon, in chapter 3 after Deningrad is attacked, going back to chapter 2 areas and then back again results in a freeze on the "Please insert disc 3" screen. Not able to open the start menu to load savestates and have to close to game. 

Edit: I was able to get back to chapter 3 after multiple attempts 

Edited by PuterComputer

So now the new classics have released. I own Ridge Racer Type 4 as a PSOne Classic off of the PS3 store. This would mean I should be able to download the new classics release of the game without subscribing to Premium, right? The licenses from old classics on PS3 should carry over? But I can't, there is no option to download Ridge Racer Type 4, only a prompt to upgrade my PS+ in order to access it.

My account is of the UK region.

Edited by LilIelaps
  • Like 1

@jefXfree

Even though this isn't exactly a "performance" problem, I do think it's a pretty big issue with PSP emulation that would be better if fixed sooner rather than later

Is there any plans to implement the option to swap camera controls to the right analog stick in the future? Because right now both Syphon Filter Dark Mirror and Stardust Portable camera controls suffer from the fact that they're locked to their original versions camera control settings (set in the face buttons instead of the right analog stick). PC emulators and even Sony's own PSP emulator for PS Vita have the option to change them, so I don't see why this couldn't be done on the PS4/PS5 as well.

Syphon Filter isn't that popular but I can only imagine the backlash if well known games like Battlefront 2 PSP or even GTA Liberty/Vice City Stories launched without this feature.

Edited by DoosterZ3
  • Like 3