PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 3:23 PM, JoeNDM said:

Is it possible to get the region swap added to Pursuit Force please? The EU version is known to be ridiculously difficult compared to the US version, and I'd rather not pull all my hair out unnecessarily

Sent along the note.

On 7/12/2023 at 7:35 PM, jefXfree said:

July PlayStation Premium | Classics 

Gravity Crash Portable | PS4, PS5

Retro fun meets futuristic thrills in PSP space shooter Gravity Crash Portable, now enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. Blast aliens across 30 hostile planets in stellar missions filled to the brim with wormholes, laser beams and amazing explosions. 

Twisted Metal | PS4, PS5

The vehicular combat game returns. Experience Twisted Metal on PS1, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. Outwit, outrun and outgun up to eight other vehicles to be the last one surviving by driving anywhere and using machine guns, heat-seeking missiles and more. Take on a friend in a local split-screen two player mode. 

Twisted Metal 2 | PS4, PS5

Smarter, deadlier and deeper battles in the vehicular combat world await in this sequel, with the PS1 version enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. Master combos and Advanced Attacks to blow away the competition and use special weapons to be the last vehicle on the road. Two player battles return, while the game’s Battlegrounds are now rich with hidden areas, mystery cards, teleporters and secret passageways. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/07/12/playstation-plus-game-catalog-classics-for-july-it-takes-two-sniper-elite-5-twisted-metal/

good evening sir, are these 3 titles confirmed to have trophies? i'm sorry if you've answered this before. Thank you.

34 minutes ago, the_sultan999 said:

good evening sir, are these 3 titles confirmed to have trophies? i'm sorry if you've answered this before. Thank you.

They're bound to. All but two first party Sony classics have trophies.

We will know for sure very soon anyway as the lists usually appear a couple of days before. 

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, the_sultan999 said:

Like Veldin said, most Sony classics have had trophy support in the past so there's a likely chance these might have them too, however jefXfree probably can't answer this question until the trophy lists go live on PSN, which should be in the next day or two.

On 7/14/2023 at 6:37 PM, illninoese said:

Any chance of telling the team to mention whether or not classics will have trophy support with the blog updates?

I do like this suggestion though, hopefully Sony does that in the future

• Like 2

@jefXfree, I need your help once again.

Twisted Metal 1 and Twisted Metal 2 purchased from PS Store on PS3 do not appear to claim for free on PS4/PS5.

Please report this to the team.

I admit I'm already quite bothered to keep buying these classic games since Sony hasn't taken care of the upgrading process PS3 -> PS4/PS5 properly. It seems their goal is for only deluxe subscribers to play these classic games, which is fine, but they shouldn't forget to keep their word to make the games available to those who already own them.

If it weren't for you for reporting these license errors over and over again people would end up without the game on the latest console being entitled to it.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Edited by MarcioAP1
Typo.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, MarcioAP1 said:

@jefXfree, I need your help once again.

Twisted Metal 1 and Twisted Metal 2 purchased from PS Store on PS3 do not appear to claim for free on PS4/PS5.

Please report this to the team.

I admit I'm already quite bothered to keep buying these classic games since Sony hasn't taken care of the upgrading process PS3 -> PS4/PS5 properly. It seems their goal is for only deluxe subscribers to play these classic games, which is fine, but they shouldn't forget to keep their word to make the games available to those who already own them.

If it weren't for you for reporting these license errors over and over again people would end up without the game on the latest console being entitled to it.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hello,

Happy to help.  Can you remind me which region/country your in? And your PSN ID?

Hey @jefXfree

Something strange is going on with the Twisted Metal game(s). I have Twisted Metal 1 (PSOne Classic) on PS3/Vita but I didn't get the upgrade to PS4/PS5. I also can't download it on PS3/Vita for some reason. The purchase is in my Transaction History and money was taken from my PSN wallet. Could you pass this along as well? 

Thanks

PSN: DizzyDavidson

Region: US

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Hey @jefXfree

Something strange is going on with the Twisted Metal game(s). I have Twisted Metal 1 (PSOne Classic) on PS3/Vita but I didn't get the upgrade to PS4/PS5. I also can't download it on PS3/Vita for some reason. The purchase is in my Transaction History and money was taken from my PSN wallet. Could you pass this along as well? 

Thanks

I have the exactly same problem!

Even on PS3 I can't download it.

Let's hope for a solution.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Hey @jefXfree

Thanks

Have you only just bought it? I had this problem a short while ago when buying a PS1 game on a PS3. The transaction completed but I couldn't download the game on PS3, and wasn't eligible for the free upgrade on PS5. In the end support had to refund the PS3 purchase (which wasn't a problem as I wasn't able to even download the game, it just took some time for them to do this).

I saw this in the Twisted Metal 2 forum. Has been passed along.

Hi, again! I just want to update this in case anyone else has issues unlocking 'Water Slick' on the PS4 version of the game on a PS5. The trophy has been reported as a little buggy by some people, including me, on different forums and other places (like Facebook).

Also passed this along

I received the "Galactic Menace" trophy but not the "Destructive Spirit" trophy, meaning I destroyed 250 objects but it didn't count when I destroyed 100. This is clearly bugged for other people as the Galactic Menace trophy is a higher percentage, but what could I even do to obtain the trophy other than waiting for a patch? Could they even fix this for people that already destroyed 250 objects?

13 hours ago, Shintetsuken said:

Not sure if it’s related, but a ton of of the Premium games are showing up as “Last Chance to Play” on the store, including Twisted Metal 1/2 and Gravity Crash Portable. Is this a mistake?

Passed along.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andshrew said:

Have you only just bought it? I had this problem a short while ago when buying a PS1 game on a PS3. The transaction completed but I couldn't download the game on PS3, and wasn't eligible for the free upgrade on PS5. In the end support had to refund the PS3 purchase (which wasn't a problem as I wasn't able to even download the game, it just took some time for them to do this).

What was the game you bought that also had this problem?