PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

16 hours ago, thelapsukainen said:

Looks like LocoRoco Midnight Carnival trophy patch is coming soon:

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Trophies PS5 (exophase.com)

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Trophies PS4 (exophase.com)

This leaves Key of Heaven/Kingdom of Paradise and echochrome as the only first party PSP classics without trophy support.

Ngl, this is fucking HYPE for me. It's the last LocoRoco title I need to round out the series' platinums.

Thanks for all the fixes so far, great to see Wild Arms got the NTSC version added, far smoother and nicer to play.

So I've noticed there does need to be some features added in across the board for the emulator you are using. I've noticed this when using Super Stardust Portable.

1. Brightness adjuster for all games, specially the PSP ones, by default the PSP itself had a backlight adjuster (with multiple settings) in the case of Super Stardust Portable the game is far too dark compared to how it is on PSP, it's far darker than any other title as well on PS4. Currently there are no brightness option on the emulator, so I've having to whack up the TV brightness for that game alone on PS4.

2. A full control remapper is needed that allows you to assign, buttons to the d-pad, left and right analogue sticks etc.., include the feature to assign single or multiple buttons to the same input, this way you could map the digital buttons in Super Stardust Portable to the right analogue stick to make the shooting a little better. If you set it up to allow for eight way input in none analogue supported titles on PS1 and PSP.

Example for Super Stardust Portable config:

Right Analogue Stick Up: Triangle

Right Analogue Stick Right: Circle

Right Analogue Stick Down: Cross

Right Analogue Stick Left: Square

Right Analogue Stick Up/Right: Triangle & Circle

Right Analogue Stick Down/Right: Circle & Cross

Right Analogue Stick Down/Left: Cross & Square

Right Analogue Stick Up/Left: Square & Triangle

If you had the option to configure, buttons in this way you could create a semi control stick for Super Stardust Portable shooting buttons, plus I'm no doubt sure there are plenty of other games on PS1, Armored Core series springs to mind. Where a highly customiser control feature for this emulator would improve the experience all round for all users, as they can config the controls to however they want. Right now it seems a little to limited with the current remap settings, I could imagine some users would also like the option to invert or swap over the Left or Right Analogue Stick. Also the option to turbo the buttons would come in handy for some games that require rapid or repeat presses and help reduces wear & tear on the controller and make it kinder on your hands.

Edited by RG-Riven
  • Like 2

Hi, this is sort of a weird one. LocoRoco Midnight Carnival’s trophies don’t appear correctly on the PlayStation app (I platinumed it, but it had this issue before I did, as well). It looks like this:

TEmmv6f.jpg

when it’s supposed to look like this:

2iEv09b.jpg

Not a huge deal, just something to be aware of!

Edited by Shintetsuken
images weren’t working
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shintetsuken said:

Hi, this is sort of a weird one. LocoRoco Midnight Carnival’s trophies don’t appear correctly on the PlayStation app (I platinumed it, but it had this issue before I did, as well). It looks like this:

when it’s supposed to look like this:

Not a huge deal, just something to be aware of!

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I believe I just fixed it. Please try again in ~1h or less and let me know if you're still seeing the issue.

• Like 4

On 1/9/2023 at 1:51 PM, jefXfree said:

Hello,

I'm assisting with the PlayStation Classics titles and wanted a single location for people to share any issues they run across.

I'll pass these issues along to the engineering team to see if we can address it, especially trophy issues.

Please note, some issues may be legacy so they may not get fixed.

Also, please note, I can't take requests to add titles to the release slate, I can't divulge which titles are coming, etc.

[PLEASE READ] Nothing that I say is on behalf of Sony, and I don't have permission to speak for Sony/PlayStation, etc.  My only aim is to collect information about bugs, and report back when they're fixed.

Thanks

Really cool that you gathering information on these games, Star Ocean 3 is a crashy mess since it was released many years ago, I stopped playing because my game crashes every 10 minutes in the last dungeon, these issues never got addressed despite being common so it would be nice to finally be able to see it fixed, really hope you can help us out, thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light ps4 version
It seems i got a critical bug. In Forgotten Prison after boss Valen i cant leave this room. When i try leave the room game is crashed. I tryed both exits nothing help, even exiting game from menu resulting game crush. When i played ps5 version all were fine. I saved game in this room and dont have any other saves, so cant confirm more details why game crushing here.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silent_milla said:

Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light ps4 version
It seems i got a critical bug. In Forgotten Prison after boss Valen i cant leave this room. When i try leave the room game is crashed. I tryed both exits nothing help, even exiting game from menu resulting game crush. When i played ps5 version all were fine. I saved game in this room and dont have any other saves, so cant confirm more details why game crushing here.  

I will pass this along.

Are you in the US, EU, JP?

Edited by jefXfree
  • Like 2

On 5/30/2023 at 9:23 AM, snakekiller69 said:

Hi everyone, i have a question someone have a problem with logan shadow trophy ? Because i have finish all the game and the Deadly Cargo mission trophy havnt unlocked so i dont have the platinium i have restart the mission but it didnt unlock the tropht

Are you on US or EU SKU?

Which language are you playing in?

Edited by jefXfree

31 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

Are you a PS Plus Tier 3 subscriber?

Same for me in the UK and I’m a Premium member. 

Store says “not available for purchase” and when selecting learn more it says “you need the following products before you can make this purchase: Toy Story 3”.