Should I make a new account to platinum trophies?

XOblivion100

1 hour ago, Colin said:

Ah yes, the one percenter, hidden games don't make you look like a cheater, stop telling bullshit.

13 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

This kind of elitism sucks. I have hidden trophies of games I didn't play myself, or I don't want them to be in my account for "x" reason. Outside of trophy hunters really, no one cares about cheating trophies.

I'm definitely not a 1 %er or an elitist

this website (which for better or for worse is the one that the majority of trophy hunters use) has a big stat on the front page of the leaderboards labelled "[insert number here] cheaters removed"

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard --> look at the top left

it also has a group of staff that are titled CHEATER REMOVAL TEAM

and when someone cheats... oops wait.. has "illegitimate timestamps"... they are removed from the leaderboard and instructed by the CTR to hide the game in question if they want to be re-instated unto the leaderboards again

the sad reality is, even though there may be many reasons why a person may choose to hide trophies from their list, on THIS site, there is a stigma that when you see a blue H on someone's profile, its because they cheated

Edited by MonaSaxPayne

Do what you wanna do and make yourself happy. If you wanna make other people happy with how your profile looks to them... 

You leave it alone and some will think "oh shit! He doesn't care about trophies at all!" 

You hide the games you don't want on your profile, some people will think you're a cheater, apparently. 

You start a new account, some people will just look at that profile through the "I've been trophy hunting since you were in your diapers" lens because your first trophy was 2 weeks ago. 

And most importantly I think, and no offence to you - maybe I'm wrong and everyone spends hours every day browsing other people's profiles. But I think if you're not a big name, big poster here, most people won't even go to look at your profile. And even less will go out of their way to scan every single thing about it and analyze it in any way. Except the wannabe CRT guys maybe (not to be confused with the actual CRT). They seem fanatical. So yeah, make yourself happy. 

I personally just hide my "gaming mistakes", as in games I've tried but they're so shit to me that I just couldn't force myself to play them anymore. But you do you. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Go look at the Hidden trophies problem thread. There’s a statistically high number of people have Hidden trophies unknowingly and it’s not for cheating. People who only see the blue H as an indication of cheating have an internal assumption that they’re fine with. The rest of us who are rational don’t have that problem. 

I decided to take a look at it, wow. So many people comparing psn profiles with your personal life and how hiding trophies is a reflection of your poor transparency in life lol. I'm glad those are old comments, and the newer ones don't care that much.

Everyone has the freedom to hide the trophies they want, I don't really understand that stigma. Guess we are rational?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, XOblivion100 said:

I made this account back in 2012 and I’m thinking about abandoning it for a new psn account. I used to try a lot of bad games in the past and I regret doing that because the trophies for them are still on my account and I will never be able to get rid of them. I thought about making a new account but I’m not sure because I currently have 15 platinum trophies and it will take me hundreds of hours to get some of them back. What should I do? 

Have Pride- play games to enjoy the game :)

889 GAMES PLAYED -  56 COMPLETED GAMES  - 24.30% COMPLETION  - 24,920 UNEARNED TROPHIES - 1.80 TROPHIES PER DAY

• Like 2

7 hours ago, XOblivion100 said:

I made this account back in 2012 and I’m thinking about abandoning it for a new psn account. I used to try a lot of bad games in the past and I regret doing that because the trophies for them are still on my account and I will never be able to get rid of them. I thought about making a new account but I’m not sure because I currently have 15 platinum trophies and it will take me hundreds of hours to get some of them back. What should I do? 

15 plats? better keep your profile, itll take you 5 lifetimes to get that many again. 

you have about 16 games or so at 0% that you can delete from your profile. alot of games you halfway finished. you can backlog them and finish most of them if their interesting enough to you. or just keep that profile as your test game profile. if your looking for a completionist profile you can test games on that profile and if you like it enough to keep playing then finish it on your new profile. i would say just keep using it though. my completion use to be something like 30% and i didnt care for years but i get re interested in games and go back and finish them slowly over the years and now im at 85%. i just started playing warframe again which i havent touched in like 9 years or so lol. ive barely used my ps5 because i been on ps4 and ps3 so much

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I'm definitely not a 1 %er or an elitist

this website (which for better or for worse is the one that the majority of trophy hunters use) has a big stat on the front page of the leaderboards labelled "[insert number here] cheaters removed"

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard --> look at the top left

it also has a group of staff that are titled CHEATER REMOVAL TEAM

and when someone cheats... oops wait.. has "illegitimate timestamps"... they are removed from the leaderboard and instructed by the CTR to hide the game in question if they want to be re-instated unto the leaderboards again

the sad reality is, even though there may be many reasons why a person may choose to hide trophies from their list, on THIS site, there is a stigma that when you see a blue H on someone's profile, its because they cheated

lol wut? Maybe you think that, but most people don't. Most people really don't care about other people's profiles in general. Whenever I see hidden trophies I just think they're trophies they didn't want on their profile, think they're accidentally hidden, or maybe someone who got screwed over by one of those CoD or GTA lobbies that unlocked all their trophies for them. My hidden trophy is because I got hacked and someone bought Fifa then got a trophy with it. It's not something I earned, so I didn't want it on my list. There's a lot of reasons people hide trophies. Not to mention that most people who cheat get taken off entirely, because people who cheat generally don't just do it once or twice. And since you can only hide up to 3 games and stay on the leaderboard, they aren't going to have hidden trophies.

Honestly, I'm more likely to think someone with a 100% profile is a cheater than one who has hidden trophies, since the vast majority I've seen have been cheaters. I've found that the more games they have, the more likely they're a cheater. Unless they have a bunch of shovelware. Since getting a legit 100% profile with real games takes a ton of work and dedication. Even then, it's not always the case.

• Like 3

As regards the “people don’t think an ‘H’ means ‘cheater’” discussion: Yes. There are plenty of people who are rational and aware of the numerous reasons one might hide a trophy, most of which are unrelated to cheating/glitches/flags/whatever other negative connotation you want to put on it.

That does not change that there are some folks - and I suspect they’re more common among people who will obsessively check profiles and pass judgment on what they see there - who will make the assumption that the H equates to cheating or flagging. This also does not change what OP should or should not do; other people’s opinions, as a general rule, are free to take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut. That does not make the judgment right, it does not make it okay to behave that way, it does not reflect in any way on your actual status, but acting like it doesn’t happen isn’t helping anything, either.

Something far afield from the OP, but perhaps that warrants discussion (whether here or elsewhere) might be some form of differentiation between trophies that were just hidden because the user wanted to, and hidden trophies that were mandated due to a flag. (Or just drop the H entirely, though I don’t know how to feel about that.)

9 hours ago, XOblivion100 said:

hide games or just change your psn name and continue on under a new brand. That's what i did. But I also don't care about plats and hunting. I just game for entertainment. 

15 hours ago, Ashande said:

As regards the “people don’t think an ‘H’ means ‘cheater’” discussion: Yes. There are plenty of people who are rational and aware of the numerous reasons one might hide a trophy, most of which are unrelated to cheating/glitches/flags/whatever other negative connotation you want to put on it.

That does not change that there are some folks - and I suspect they’re more common among people who will obsessively check profiles and pass judgment on what they see there - who will make the assumption that the H equates to cheating or flagging. This also does not change what OP should or should not do; other people’s opinions, as a general rule, are free to take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut. That does not make the judgment right, it does not make it okay to behave that way, it does not reflect in any way on your actual status, but acting like it doesn’t happen isn’t helping anything, either.

Something far afield from the OP, but perhaps that warrants discussion (whether here or elsewhere) might be some form of differentiation between trophies that were just hidden because the user wanted to, and hidden trophies that were mandated due to a flag. (Or just drop the H entirely, though I don’t know how to feel about that.)

Yeah, agree. I just hope they don't read that and feel the need to delete the account because a minority dislikes hidden trophies :/

On 1/13/2023 at 5:56 PM, Jeanoltt said:

This kind of elitism sucks. I have hidden trophies of games I didn't play myself, or I don't want them to be in my account for "x" reason. Outside of trophy hunters really, no one cares about cheating trophies.

Agree. Apparently Sony doesn't even care if you cheat trophies form what I've read in forums recently.

People only care about cheating trophies because of leaderboards (since all you have to do is hide cheated trophies to get back onto leaderboards) or ultra rare/unobtainable trophies because people think it discounts the efforts of people who earn it legit, but that's a whole other topic.

Even then, I'm sure unless you're on the cheater removal team, normal people don't pocket watch who earns trophies they've already obtained unless you're that one guy that was watching the SMB platinum rarity slowly climb after he got it.

To solve the "hidden trophy" debate -- just plaster a flag on their profile if they have a cheating issue, like Valve's VAC Ban badge on Steam. It's irreversible and shows the incidents -- deserving of the crime IMO. That way, if they want to be on the leaderboards, they can hide their trophies and participate, but then there's a more distinct differentiation between cheaters and people who just hide their trophies, thus leaving no room for the hidden trophy stigma ?

Edited by Long-Ryde
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2023 at 1:43 AM, ExHaseo said:

lol wut? Maybe you think that, but most people don't. Most people really don't care about other people's profiles in general. Whenever I see hidden trophies I just think they're trophies they didn't want on their profile, think they're accidentally hidden, or maybe someone who got screwed over by one of those CoD or GTA lobbies that unlocked all their trophies for them. My hidden trophy is because I got hacked and someone bought Fifa then got a trophy with it. It's not something I earned, so I didn't want it on my list. There's a lot of reasons people hide trophies. Not to mention that most people who cheat get taken off entirely, because people who cheat generally don't just do it once or twice. And since you can only hide up to 3 games and stay on the leaderboard, they aren't going to have hidden trophies.

Honestly, I'm more likely to think someone with a 100% profile is a cheater than one who has hidden trophies, since the vast majority I've seen have been cheaters. I've found that the more games they have, the more likely they're a cheater. Unless they have a bunch of shovelware. Since getting a legit 100% profile with real games takes a ton of work and dedication. Even then, it's not always the case.

Apparently PSNP hides some games trophies as well due to the limitations of the website, so some users have the H because of that, I think its unfair if people have this mindset of "you cheated" when it was either because the user didn't like the game or its now unobtainable so they hid the game due to that, or other reasons and also because the site hid it.   

My second account is for 100% only, had it for 4 years and already doing my 50th and they are all legit.