Monster Hunter Rise trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

On 19.1.2023 at 2:59 PM, rafael_martines said:

For those who play with Charge Blade like me, there is a nice progression build to check https://mhchargeblade.net/mhr/builds/ if you want to optimize your time farming.

I don‘t get the armor sets. In which order of parts are they on this page? Originally i thought they are in the order presented in the gMe (head -> feet). But in the second set this dosent work. Barroth armor only gives attack up on chest or head. If i read the list in mh order the build wants me to add barroth hip, which gives the skill guard whuch ismt listed for skills in that build ?‍♂️

5 hours ago, cybershark91 said:

Originally i thought they are in the order presented in the gMe (head -> feet). But in the second set this dosent work. Barroth armor only gives attack up on chest or head.

That's the order (: and second set is Barioth, not Barroth hehe they are different monsters

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blitz-tek said:

The question is...how many is many?

More or less all of the monsters in the game right now.

It's to avoid having to change the trophy descriptions later when Sunbreak comes out (like they had to do with World once Iceborne was released).

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Will it be easier and/or shorter than world? I didn't play world but I'm considering getting this one. 

PowerPyx rated it a 6/10, World is rated 4/10 iirc, so it might be a bit harder? To me it felt easier than World tbh. As for time, it definitely is longer than World

• Like 1

On 21/01/2023 at 0:09 PM, cybershark91 said:

I don‘t get the armor sets. In which order of parts are they on this page? Originally i thought they are in the order presented in the gMe (head -> feet). But in the second set this dosent work. Barroth armor only gives attack up on chest or head. If i read the list in mh order the build wants me to add barroth hip, which gives the skill guard whuch ismt listed for skills in that build ?‍♂️

Just to clarify, are you talking about the Mid-Late Low Rank Set?

On 1/22/2023 at 5:17 AM, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Man, I'm so torn on this. Game looks fun but it's such a gigantic commitment. 

Yeah it's why I kept putting off playing MH World. I'd love to give it a shot, but the time commitment is insane. I'm usually burnt out on a game at the 100 hour mark, and there's people talking about not getting the Plat until they were 500 hours in? I'd have to completely fall in love with the game to even consider putting that much time into it and even then that's iffy. 

Apparently you have to do a lot of solo hunts if you want the platinum, I mean those village quests. Why hasn't anyone said this before? Monster Hunter is a multiplayer series and I couldn't imagine anyone going offline alone hunting. Why are they building trophies like this? Probably no Platinum for me.

It was nice though to play village quests with other players xD 

But I'm also used to playing village quests solo because of all the older installments. I remember the odl games on PSP without many options for online play. Luckily I had two local friends who also enjoyed MH a lot so we were always playing together after school. Great memories xD 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Yeah it's why I kept putting off playing MH World. I'd love to give it a shot, but the time commitment is insane. I'm usually burnt out on a game at the 100 hour mark, and there's people talking about not getting the Plat until they were 500 hours in? I'd have to completely fall in love with the game to even consider putting that much time into it and even then that's iffy. 

I was on the fence as well with World for a long time due to the huge commitment. I eventually gave in and bought it and absolutely loved it. The gameplay is so addictive and I never got bored or sick of grinding. There's always something to do or work towards be it a new quest, a trophy, new weapon, new armour etc. It's now one of my favourite franchises and I have both World and Iceborne plats. The World plat took me around 170 hours. It shouldn't take you anywhere near 500 hours if you research how to hunt for crowns.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Apparently you have to do a lot of solo hunts if you want the platinum, I mean those village quests. Why hasn't anyone said this before? Monster Hunter is a multiplayer series and I couldn't imagine anyone going offline alone hunting. Why are they building trophies like this? Probably no Platinum for me.

The village quests aren't even that hard, nor is there that many of them. Also, plenty of people play MH solo??? lol

World is the exception when it comes to being able to do the village quests online, not the rule (not saying I wouldn't like for it to be the standard, however).

Not a big deal in the slightest, especially for a game that can be played entirely offline to begin with (like every other MH game).

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Village quests are a literal Tutorial level of quests, I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sikutai said:

My bad, I totally forgot about village quests. They are very easy and fast to complete tho, not going for the Plat just because of these seems a bit excessive to me. To be fair MH is not strictly a multiplayer game, many people like to play it solo, me included. Solo hunts are generally faster and in my opinion more engaging because you actually need to learn the monster properly.

Edited by HoboTonyRedGrave
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I will just leaving the village quests for last when I'm far enough in the game and have an endgame build, mainly because of that one god damn final quest on village...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I find the game a bit more difficult than the world and iceborn. 

the monsters in this one hit hard, you'll eat a lot of potion x), but the game is still cool, I have as much fun as with world/iceborn.
I currently have 185h of game time in game (the playstation shows 115 h since 4 days, and I doubt that this will be corrected lol, the PSN and their hours are often buggy) I am lvl 222, I have currently killed 560 monsters, and I am at 43 gold crowns out of 84 in the base game, I spent 12 hours to get the small crown volvidon I hate this monster it was a chore.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you love the Monster Hunter license, but for those who don't like to farm, it might be difficult to get to platinum.

I hope to get the platinum before sunbreak, there is still work to do x) 

Edited by tobaldou

6 hours ago, tobaldou said:

I find the game a bit more difficult than the world and iceborn. 

the monsters in this one hit hard, you'll eat a lot of potion x), but the game is still cool, I have as much fun as with world/iceborn

Interesting, for me it's the complete opposite - I find this game to be a lot easier than World/Iceborne. Most monsters die in about 5-10 minutes without carting once. The exceptions are the monsters in the event quests and Magnamalo in HR ?

But then again I'm a freak and played the older games for several 100 hours, and they were merciless. The new games feel like a cakewalk to me in comparison. I hope the older PSP games (Monster Hunter Freedom and Freedom Unite) get added as PS Plus Premium games one day, so newer players can get a taste of the unforgiving nature the game once had! :D (hot and cold drinks; paintballs; constant honey, ivy, well-done steak, whetstone, thunderbug and flashbug shortage; no way to change a weapon during a quests etc.)

• Like 2

120 hours in, just beat the "final" quest with the 3 apex's and finished all low/high rank quests. About 20 rampages. Have around 300 monsters hunted total, only a few gold crowns which just seem random and no events that can really help much, which sucks.

6/10 is crazy talk. It's like a 3-4 if you can hold your own (literally just spec into defense and make sure to pick up hp/defense birds in endgame missions if nothing else), but it is going to take a while for 1000 monsters. Best to just wait until sunbreak bc there's a trophy for 1000 MR monsters.

Edited by ChibsSoA