How long have you been playing so far?

Dreakon139

I'm nearing the 30 hour mark, 29 hours 20 minutes and 48 seconds to be exact. I'm a little impressed, both because I struggle to dedicate myself to a game for any extended amount of time (and this has been a joy to play so far, barring a few untimely freezes) and because I can tell I haven't even scratched the surface of this game yet.

How about you?

You can tell your "Play Time" by highlighting your latest save file on the PS3 for a few seconds,so more details about the save pop up.

Are you noticing any issues like we have been reading about??

I had really annoying lag issues from around 35 hours. The game would start off fine each time but needed restarting after 2-3 hours of constant playing, otherwise the lag was a bit much. The patch fixed things nicely; however, I noticed yesterday I was getting a little bit of lag after a long session (10 hours, mind you).

EDIT: Just got my :platinum: with 95 hours, 3 minutes, and 36 seconds showing on the clock.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man you guys play fast. Im at about 70 hours now. So it looks like I get about 80 hours of gaming a month judging from my last post in this thread :P

Game is starting to lag in certain situations but since the latest patch I'm having less hard-freezes where I have to physically power down my PS3 and reboot.

If I'm going to debug a program or beta test an unfinished work, I want to be paid.

When they bring out the "final" version, what we in the old gaming community used to call the released version, then I'll give it a shot.

Honestly, this trend has been going on now for about 2/3rds of this current generation and I'm already tired of it.

If I'm going to debug a program or beta test an unfinished work, I want to be paid.

When they bring out the "final" version, what we in the old gaming community used to call the released version, then I'll give it a shot.

Honestly, this trend has been going on now for about 2/3rds of this current generation and I'm already tired of it.

Although I agree and make no excuses for developers releasing games that are broken, I have so far put in 121 hours of exceptional, fun gameplay with very few issues. It locks up now and then, but that happens with other new-released games as well anymore.

121 hours and still going. That is still far and above the time that many games gives a person from start to finish anymore, and I still have a shit-load of SKYRIM to play.

Even if I were to quit playing right now, Skyrim has offered better, longer and more enjoyable game-play than many other new games I have purchased lately. Hell, some of these newer games I have managed to finish in less than 30 hours (storyline, not Platinum).

Are there things that need fixing?

You bet.

But after 121 hours, I already got more of my money's worth out of SKYRIM than I have many other games.

Yeah...that locks up now and again just ain't up to my standards. I'm sure that the game will be just as fun once they get all the bugs worked out and completely release all the DLC that they've already been working on for 4 months. But that's also why I'm just working on RDR now.

Anyway, to each their own...don't let me interfere with your fun. That is not my goal at all.

At work right now, but last I checked, I was around the 114 hr mark.

Whilst Skyrim is absolutely phenomenal to play and immensely addictive (I easily clock 7-8 hrs each day over the weekends); ALL the stories you hear about the lag and freezing (on the PS3 at least) are true. I started experiencing lags at around the 70 hr mark, and it does get pretty bad sometimes. When you have a lag, it detracts from the immersion of the gameplay and shatters the 'suspension of disbelief', THAT just ruins it for me.

Overall, I would give Skyrim a 10/10 for pure gaming pleasure. I just REALLY wish they fix this lag issue related to file size (I am hitting 10 MB file saves right now!)

Cheers!

It will still be there when I get around to it...in fact there will be even more of it when I get around to it.

I agree with my soul-brother here.

I don't mind waiting for the GOTY version with all the dlc included.

It's not like I have an explosive collar around my neck that will detonate if I don't play and beat the game in a day.

Hell, I'd be as happy as a pig in shite if I got to play 2 continuous hours of any video game in a single day!

• Like 1

I agree with my soul-brother here.

I don't mind waiting for the GOTY version with all the dlc included.

It's not like I have an explosive collar around my neck that will detonate if I don't play and beat the game in a day.

Hell, I'd be as happy as a pig in shite if I got to play 2 continuous hours of any video game in a single day!

What really is going to be interesting is when the system game producers start doing what the PC industry has done for about a decade...Release the GOTY edition...then 6 months later release the Gold edition...then 6 months later release the Platinum edition and then finally, the COMPLETE edition 2-3 years after the launch. So far they've been pretty easy to figure out. 1 to 1.5 years after the original launch out comes the GOTY w/ all the DLC or you get the Greatest Hits edition w/ no DLC at the $19.99 pricetag.