Spring 2023 Backlog Challenge

I'll probably be changing up the list during the month, but I do intend to keep Jax & Daxter and Rainbow Billy because I want to see if I can debug cheese some of the nastier trophies like the ring races and I bought the latter on physical during a bad time in my life, but since I don't know the condition of Rainbow Billy, that might be a problem if it's scratched and unplayable. Maybe I should beta test it... :(

I'll have to remove LEGO Avengers as I intend to platinum that game this month along with the other LEGO Marvel games. (Yeah, I'm a masochist. :P)

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 3:02 PM, neospoon said:

I would like to join again and challenge myself with some interesting games, more stealth again :ninja::ninja:

- Gravity Rush 2 - 15%

- Rage - 12%

- Metal Gear Solid 4 - 7%
- The Last of us Part 2 - 2%

- Republique - 1%

Added

7 hours ago, rebeccafar said:

Hi, gonna join in again for this one! 

1) Far Cry New Dawn

2) Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

3) Spiderman Miles Morales 

4) Powerwash Simulator 

5) ?

Will tidy up my list closer to the starting date! ?

Will add you once you add a fifth title.

11 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Due to some unforeseen events (more details in winter event) I’ve changed my mind and decided not to join this event. Gaming will take a backseat for a little while and I wouldn’t be able to focus on this. I might be back for summer tho.

I’ll still be reading y’all’s progress.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Sorry to hear that, Dizzy. Whatever is requiring your full attention, focus on that and we'll welcome you back when you got your life in order. ;)

As for me, I decided to do some tweaks. I won't be able to keep LEGO Marvel's Avengers on the list as I am going to shotgun play all three LEGO Marvel games now that I have finished the stories to knock out Free Play and platinum them all at once by Valentine's Day, fawning over WandaVision in compensation for never getting a girlfriend. (While I would say "Ladies, I'm single", I don't think any woman wants to romance the humanized love child of a Middle Earth Troll and Jabba the Hutt. xDI am trying to cut down on my weight but unfortunately my belly fat is too big to consume unless I am put in a cryo-chamber for 20 years.)

With that disturbing image in your heads forever, you're welcome :P, I am replacing that with Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. I plan to go to Disneyworld this spring(I am saving up tons of money for the hotel room) so I can experience Disneyworld in the morning and spend the afternoon in the hotel room, playing Kingdom Hearts until I get tired and go to sleep. I want to spend a week there but I know that hotels are pricey and even with $800 in late March(my friend in the gym is going to talk to a friend of his, whose daughter works at Disneyworld, to see if they can pull some strings ;)), I might not be able to afford more than three nights especially if it's at Walt Disney Resort. But I want to do a big Disney Pilgrimage to motivate me to play the Kingdom Hearts series more since Kingdom Hearts IV is coming. I decided to go with Re:Chain as I had platinumed that game before and it wasn't too hard for me. (I can handle the BS 100-Acre Wood minigames and I've found some good references to help me deal with Proud Mode - I've been farming cards for a long time.) The Final Mix Kingdom Hearts... I'm going to be spending some time there too, as I working on a Proud Mode run and then resetting for the 100% run in Begineer Mode because I can't trust myself to not die to Sephiroth in Proud. :(

So now the list is like this:

• LEGO DC Super Villains (1%)
  • Jax and Daxter The Precursor Legacy (0%)
  • Rainbow Billy and the Curse of the Leviathan (0%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (12%)
  • Kingdom Hears: Re:Chain of Memories (7%)

For LEGO DC Super Villians, I am still keeping this as I can ignore it until March, got a trophy for the beginning but want to perfect Rookie's look and voice. [Got a butch manly girl voice and didn't think you could swap out of the prison garb.]

The list is small again and will not be finishing it in enough time due to Re:Chain and World of Final Fantasy being BEAST RPGS in length, so it'll be a long time before we see any progress. :P

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, brdpls said:

Since I'm currently in the Winter 22/23 Challenge, I'm not going to overlap any of the games that I have listed, so here's what I'm choosing for the Spring Challenge:  

• Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (PS4) - 0% 
  • Assassin's Creed III Remastered (PS4) - 0% 
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) - 0%
  • Hogwarts Legacy (PS4) - 0%
    • Preordered PS5 Version - Would add that, but I'll be too deep by the time this challenge starts. I'm planning legit if it's a stack. 
  • inFamous Second Son (PS4) - 0% 
  • Lego Marvel Superheroes (PS4) - 0%
  • Lego The Incredibles (PS4) - 0% 
  • The Walking Dead: Season One (PS4) - 0% 
  • Ty: The Tasmanian Tiger HD (PS4) - 0%
  • Ty 2: Bush Rescue HD (PS4) - 0% 

Swaps: 0/3

Added.

On 2/3/2023 at 0:44 AM, zalcarezio said:

assasins creed rogue remastered 10%yooka laylee 13% final fantasty 8 remastered 4% detroit become human 4% mass effect andromeda0% mas effect legendary edition 0% persona 5 original ps4 version 32 % far cry primal 8% fall guys ultimate knockout 28% and original fall guys with auto pop if possible 26% assasins creed origins8%+dlc  kingdoms of amalur ps4 version1% this is my list going to be but persona 5 original can take a while i use fastforward this is my list going to look like

Wish you had formatted it like a list, but no matter. Added. And no auto pops allowed.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RaxxisOmega said:

Good afternoon :D 

Here's the list I'll be starting with for this event.

Guardian's of the Galaxy

Spongebob Squarepants: The Battle for Bikini Bottom

Kamen Rider: Memory of Heroez

Final Horizon

Detroit: Become Human

That should be enough to get things started.

7 hours ago, Redblaziken8 said:

Hey, I'd like to join! Added too many games for the Winter Challenge so I'm hoping I can get all my games done for this challenge.

1) Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time PS5 - 0%

2) God of War: Chains of Olympus PS3 - 50%

3) Resident Evil PS4 - 29%

4) Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order PS5 - 2%

5) Bioshock PS3 - 30%

6) Borderlands 2 PS4 - 1%

Added.

8 hours ago, Heather342 said:

Auto pops aren't allowed during this event. But it won't be possible anyway since the original Fall Guys game launcher has been decommissioned.

Not sure how I missed that. 

• Like 2

Update #1

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. My 900th Platinum Milestone and 100% Completion. Very Rare: 7.40%.Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  2. Team Sonic Racing. My 950th Platinum milestone, 8th Ultra Rare AND Trophy 20,000th and 100% Completion. Ultra Rare: 3.73%.Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  3. SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal 0% (Haven't started yet).
  4. Senran KAGURA PEACH BEACH SPLASH 0% (Haven't started yet).
  5. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. My Very First PS5 Platinum. This is my 998th Platinum and 100% Completion. Common: 66.10%.Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  6. Demon Souls Remake PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  7. Hades PS4 EU 0% (Haven't started yet).
  8. Bayonetta 0% (Haven't started yet).
  9. Spider-man: Miles Morales PS5. This is my 999th Platinum Trophy and 100% Completion. Common: 51.08%.Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  10. Spider-man Remastered PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  11. Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  12. Far Cry 6 PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  13. Far Cry 6 PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  14. Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  15. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD 0% (Haven't started yet ).
  16. The Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles PS5 (Haven't started yet).
  17. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus German Version 0% (Haven't started yet).
  18. Persona 5 Royal PS5. My 1000th Platinum Milestone, 100% Completion and Rank #2 Speedrun. Uncommon: 21.26%. Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  19. Cyberpunk 2077 PS5 45% (Progression at 45% so far).
  20. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  21. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  22. New Tales from the Borderlands PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  23. New Tales from the Borderlands PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  24. Watch Dogs: Legion PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  25. Watch Dogs: Legion PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  26. Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  27. Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  28. Watch Dogs PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  29. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  30. The Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition EU PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  31. Vanquish PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  32. Batman: Return To Arkham - Arkham Asylum PS4. My 1050th Platinum Milestone and 100% Completion. Rare: 14.74% Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  33. Batman: Return To Arkham - Arkham City PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  34. Batman: Arkham Knight 0% (Haven't started yet).
  35. Persona 3 Portable EU PS4. 0% (Haven't started yet).
  36. Persona 4 Golden EU PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).

@MidnightDragon Alright Purple Dragon. Sign me up on this please?

@Buff_Cupcake. It's fine. I'll accept removing My Hero One's Justice 2, Judgment PS5 and Lost Judgment PS5 since I haven't paid attention to those games for a little while however as for Crypt of the Necrodancer, I refused to removed it off my listing and my reason for that is that even though it is a very long run and I still haven't given up on it yet. It's a tough ass platinum for sure but like I said I will not removed it off my listing.

Edited by Yukiko Amagi
  • Like 1

I got a bit carried away and put a massive dent in RE3 Remake, so i'll likely tweak my list nearer the actual start of the event. I'm probably going to remove Hogwarts too as I'm going to be starting that this week. Now to figure out what to replace them with ?

4 hours ago, Yukiko Amagi said:

Update #1

1. My Hero One's Justice 2 70% (Progression at 70% so far).
  2. Crypt of the Necrodancer 74% (Progression at 74% so far).
  3. Judgment PS5 81% (Progression at 81% so far).
  4. Lost Judgment PS5 88% (Progression at 88% so far).

Hi guys I hope you all doing really well on your backlog games.

Description for New Games: I have added 2 more new games. Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden both on PS4. There are stacks of em which I'll get the remaining ones at a later date but I'll focus on EU and NA versions when the time is right.

Heads up that these 4 games (referenced in the quote) aren't eligible for the event as far as I can tell from the entry requirements. Also the event doesn't start until March 1st.

Edited by Buff_Cupcake

19 hours ago, Yukiko Amagi said:

Update #1

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. My 900th Platinum Milestone and 100% Completion. Very Rare: 7.40%.Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  2. Team Sonic Racing. My 950th Platinum milestone, 8th Ultra Rare AND Trophy 20,000th and 100% Completion. Ultra Rare: 3.73%.Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  3. SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal 0% (Haven't started yet).
  4. Senran KAGURA PEACH BEACH SPLASH 0% (Haven't started yet).
  5. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. My Very First PS5 Platinum. This is my 998th Platinum and 100% Completion. Common: 66.10%.Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  6. Demon Souls Remake PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  7. Crypt of the Necrodancer 74% (Progression at 74% so far).
  8. Hades PS4 EU 0% (Haven't started yet).
  9. Bayonetta 0% (Haven't started yet).
  10. Spider-man: Miles Morales PS5. This is my 999th Platinum Trophy and 100% Completion. Common: 51.08%.Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  11. Spider-man Remastered PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  12. Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  13. Far Cry 6 PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  14. Far Cry 6 PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  15. Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  16. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD 0% (Haven't started yet ).
  17. The Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles PS5 (Haven't started yet).
  18. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus German Version 0% (Haven't started yet).
  19. Persona 5 Royal PS5. My 1000th Platinum Milestone, 100% Completion and Rank #2 Speedrun. Uncommon: 21.26%. Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  20. Cyberpunk 2077 PS5 45% (Progression at 45% so far).
  21. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  22. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  23. New Tales from the Borderlands PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  24. New Tales from the Borderlands PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  25. Watch Dogs: Legion PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  26. Watch Dogs: Legion PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  27. Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut PS5 0% (Haven't started yet).
  28. Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  29. Watch Dogs PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  30. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  31. The Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition EU PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  32. Vanquish PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  33. Batman: Return To Arkham - Arkham Asylum PS4. My 1050th Platinum Milestone and 100% Completion. Rare: 14.74% Tick Mark Icon, Flat Illustration of Check Mark – Vector Stock Vector -  Illustration of sign, checkmark: 164317151
  34. Batman: Return To Arkham - Arkham City PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).
  35. Batman: Arkham Knight 0% (Haven't started yet).
  36. Persona 3 Portable EU PS4. 0% (Haven't started yet).
  37. Persona 4 Golden EU PS4 0% (Haven't started yet).

@Buff_Cupcake. It's fine. I'll accept removing My Hero One's Justice 2, Judgment PS5 and Lost Judgment PS5 since I haven't paid attention to those games for a little while however as for Crypt of the Necrodancer, I refused to removed it off my listing and my reason for that is that even though it is a very long run and I still haven't given up on it yet. It's a tough ass platinum for sure but like I said I will not removed it off my listing.

I'm not adding you until your list fully complies. That includes getting rid of Crypt of the Necrodancer. I'm with @Buff_Cupcake on this one.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

well i kinda left halfway though the winter challenge mainly because i stopped making updates but i'm back, let's see if i can actually do something this time lol

THE LIST

1. The Swapper - 0%
  2. Thomas was Alone - 0%
  3. Drawful 2 - 0%
  4. Valiant Hearts: The great war
  5. Defence Grid 2

a good mix of quick ish ones (the swapper, Thomas was alone, Valiant Hearts) and more time-consuming ones (Drawful 2, Defence Grid 2)

Added.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

Sign me back up!  I'll need to evaluate my list as I have managed to get my hands on a PS5 after Christmas, but some of the games I am considering are:

Final Fantasy X-2 (Ps4) 0%

Telltales The Walking Dead (PS4) 0%

Golf With Your Friends (Ps4) 12%

Guardians of the Galaxy (ps5) 0%

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5) 0%

Miraculous: Rise of the Sphinx (PS4) 15%

Grand Theft Auto Vice City - 32%

Kingdom Come Deliverance - 13%

• Like 4

@MidnightDragon I removed Dissidia Final Fantasy NT as I made too much progress on the game in the Winter Backlog Challenge and replaced it with Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart. I think this is better anyway if I want to do Final Fantasy XIV, that game is long enough already.

Here's the link to my initial post with all the games: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/138877-spring-2023-backlog-challenge/?do=findComment&comment=2712495

• Like 1