Physical game not installing properly

Shadowsnake777

I've bought the game physically and it managed to install the base game that allows me to play the game. There is an extra download after that however where an error continuously comes up and won't install properly. I have tried practically everything and even tried on a friends ps5 and it always errors when it gets to 18 gigs. I even bought a second copy of the game and errors the same way. Has anyone else had this issue?

I thought maybe it could be having trouble downloading the extra languages but clicking on them just made everything worse? Anyone know any solutions? Is it fine and I can play the game without worries? Or should I just return the game and maybe buy it digitally?

I can't even start this part of the download with the disc installed which is making me wonder what this download is even for because its not a day one update apparently. Apparently the app says all updates are installed when I check for them. I've tried delete/power off several times on both consoles and the nothing unfortunately. Keep me updated when you pick yours up though! If you don't have any issues maybe I was just unlucky and got 2 faulty copies of the game haha

Yeah I hit that point too, the disc is installing past the point where it is 'ready to play' but it stops before fully installing. Since we are some of the first to get the game physically in Australia there might be some issue. Hopefully it can be sorted out when everyone else gets it. But I would say it's a problem with the game/disc from their end if we are both stopping at the exact same 18GB spot.

2 hours ago, Shadowsnake777 said:

I can't proceed until the game is completely installed...

Seems like you need to wait a little longer until the game is fully installed.

Games with huge file size need a few minutes to be fully installed. For instance, when I inserted the Marvel's Spider-Man disc into the PS4, it needed around 50 minutes to be fully installed. I have no idea about Wanted: Dead, however.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nickr_ said:

It this with a PS4 or PS5 disc?

PS5, interesting to see if the ps4 version is fine or not.

8 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Seems like you need to wait a little longer until the game is fully installed.

Games with huge file size need a few minutes to be fully installed. For instance, when I inserted the Marvel's Spider-Man disc into the PS4, it needed around 50 minutes to be fully installed. I have no idea about Wanted: Dead, however.

I can't wait for it to install because it errors and stops at 18 gigs...Like what SmileySnake was talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shadowsnake777 said:

PS5, interesting to see if the ps4 version is fine or not.

I can't wait for it to install because it errors and stops at 18 gigs...Like what SmileySnake was talking about.

I got the PS4 disc. Didn't have a problem installing it, though the free upgrade still isn't available.

• Like 1

Mine is doing the exact same thing, getting stuck at the 18gb mark... I've uninstalled and installed, restarted PS5, turned off PS5 and unplugged, cleaned the disc, cleaned the PS5 and disc tray from dust and nothing has worked. It must be an issue on their end if it seems like a common issue. 

I seem to have stumbled on a few posts about certain PS5 game discs just not installing, like the iam8bit version of Stray and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R.

Have to say, kinda makes me worried I'm going to find out one of my many physical PS5 games is actually just useless plastic whenever I get around to finally installing and playing them, which could be years after I bought them... Hasn't happened to me yet, touch on wood. My own concerns aside, I do seem to remember some people with "faulty" JoJo disc actually reporting on them working after some time, so it may possibly be some kind of blu-ray authentication error rather than an actual issue with the disc? Just speculation of course, but hopefully everyone's Wanted: Dead discs do just miraculously start working at some point. Or, if it is indeed an issue with a patch/update, rather than the game disc, that gets fixed eventually.

10 hours ago, oswald41 said:

I don't believe there is a free upgrade for this game

I got the PS4 version and it does say there's a free upgrade on the case, but looking at the PSN store (UK one anyway), it seems the PS4 and PS5 versions are separate SKUs/store listings. So unless they do something to fix that, it could be another Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong situation.

4 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

I got the PS4 version and it does say there's a free upgrade on the case, but looking at the PSN store (UK one anyway), it seems the PS4 and PS5 versions are separate SKUs/store listings. So unless they do something to fix that, it could be another Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong situation.

I sent them an email regarding the issue.

Based on their response on Twitter to someone with the same issue, they seem to think upgrades work like smart delivery on xbox. Meaning when you put the disc in, it'll install the PS5 version instead of the PS4. It might just be the community manager being uninformed so it'D be best to email them so the dev team can be aware of the issue.

Edit: Looks like they were aware of the problem and are already working on a fix

Edited by nickr_
update
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I have a PS5 disc and had no issue whatsoever installing it, granted I got it a week ago, but didn't have an update with it. It shows as 1.001 but I never downloaded any update, even today which is the proper launch. I was expecting something for day one.

Noticed that too

Must be a pretty rare case where the D1 patch is on the disc

I like it