Call Of The Mountain Trophy Thoughts

Ghost

On 20/02/2023 at 10:52 PM, The Alchemist said:

If you had to go through multiple menus every time to use it then I'd agree with you, but there's a dedicated button on the headset for see-through mode so it should be quick and simple to use whenever you need to. 

Reviews have also said that the mode itself is very smooth and clear and seemingly better than the same type of mode in alternative headsets, however it's in black and white only as mentioned above and it also remains to be seen if things such as smaller text on a phone screen for example will be legible whilst using the mode. I'm hopeful it will work well enough in practice. 

I tried to look at my PC monitors and my phone. No dice :D You can make out the icons/pictures (it's easy to take a selfie, lol) but you won't be able to read small text. Maybe if you make it really large on a monitor it would be doable.

UPS just delivered

or i should say they dropped it off and left

im in my upstairs bathroom shaving casually looking out my bathroom window that overlooks my front door, i heard the truck pull up

these sons of bitches just dropped it off at my door, didnt bother ringing my doorbell and just left

The email even stated signature required

which clearly they didnt get

14 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

UPS just delivered

or i should say they dropped it off and left

im in my upstairs bathroom shaving casually looking out my bathroom window that overlooks my front door, i heard the truck pull up

these sons of bitches just dropped it off at my door, didnt bother ringing my doorbell and just left

The email even stated signature required

which clearly they didnt get

This is what I'm expecting, I live on a main street in the middle of a school district, so I have ZERO trust in terms of package safety. I always ask that things be left at the side door but no one ever listens. Sony isn't exactly discreet with their packaging either. ? My PS5 got stolen on launch, granted that was actually by a FedEx employee as it arrived in the warehouse and somehow magically vanished... never making it onto the truck. Paranoia is very real on high value packages now due to location AND the people delivering them.

Regarding the collectibles and having to use see-through mode on the headset: What about the PS5/PS+ game hints? Do they not work in VR or are not accessible? Or are they not supported by Horizon? Genuine question, as I don't have a PSVR2, but want to get one in the future.

9 minutes ago, Dacroze_ said:

Regarding the collectibles and having to use see-through mode on the headset: What about the PS5/PS+ game hints? Do they not work in VR or are not accessible? Or are they not supported by Horizon? Genuine question, as I don't have a PSVR2, but want to get one in the future.

there doesn’t appear to be any game hints for horizon. Only a tracker for how many you have collected. 
also see through mode in VR I can confirm you cannot read anything so it’s still going to be a pain following guides for these

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

This is what I'm expecting, I live on a main street in the middle of a school district, so I have ZERO trust in terms of package safety. I always ask that things be left at the side door but no one ever listens. Sony isn't exactly discreet with their packaging either. 1f610.png My PS5 got stolen on launch, granted that was actually by a FedEx employee as it arrived in the warehouse and somehow magically vanished... never making it onto the truck. Paranoia is very real on high value packages now due to location AND the people delivering them.

the packaging covers the main box but it still displays that the package contains a battery inside

luckily i had the day off today or who knows how long it could have just sat there on my steps, i live in a pretty decent condo community that i semi trust but still, that panic or fear of a possibly stolen package is still there, especially when its a high cost item

literally by the time i threw a shirt on and went downstairs, he was pulling out 

14 minutes ago, parkerdip said:

there doesn’t appear to be any game hints for horizon. Only a tracker for how many you have collected. 
also see through mode in VR I can confirm you cannot read anything so it’s still going to be a pain following guides for these

Was disappointed in that as well. Laptop screen was blurry.

Edited by Ghost
spelling
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, parkerdip said:

Thanks for checking. Seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

3 hours ago, MikTrophies said:

is the is  psvr2 

wheelchair accessible? accessible for wheelchair or on the floor

I've been playing just sitting on the side of my bed, so in a wheelchair should be fine. 

I have read that sitting while playing makes you more prone to motion sickness though, which I have definitely had both times I played today. 

https://seekingtech.com/how-to-deal-with-playstation-vr-2-motion-sickness-and-nausea/

Try this article if you need some ideas : )

• Like 1

If you have it set in your UPS account to leave packages without a signature then they won't collect one even if it's signature required. I have that in my settings so they just leave it if I'm not home.

is there any trick for it to not constantly warn you that your hands are outside of the play area? When I was climbing almost every time I reached for the next grip I got the red circle that I had put my hands outside of the play area, which is pretty immersion breaking. This kind of sucks, with PSVR I had to get up and take a few steps before I would get any kind of warning.

2 hours ago, emailking said:

is there any trick for it to not constantly warn you that your hands are outside of the play area? When I was climbing almost every time I reached for the next grip I got the red circle that I had put my hands outside of the play area, which is pretty immersion breaking. This kind of sucks, with PSVR I had to get up and take a few steps before I would get any kind of warning.

In settings, accessories, playstation vr2, you can change boundary display sensitivity to low. Should help a bit with this, you can also try editing your play area.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I've been playing just sitting on the side of my bed, so in a wheelchair should be fine. 

I have read that sitting while playing makes you more prone to motion sickness though, which I have definitely had both times I played today. 

https://seekingtech.com/how-to-deal-with-playstation-vr-2-motion-sickness-and-nausea/

Try this article if you need some ideas : )

did u try to on the floor with psvr2