Trophy thoughts?

Biertje373

5 hours ago, T1mberwoulf said:

Short Question:

When i play the demo and later buy the (physical) game will it transfer the progression i made in the demo and will retroactively pop up the trophies which i would had unlock in the demo?

Nope, none auto pop and it doesn't even look like progress for any is carried over. I started a new game when I realised. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VelocityXCI said:

Nope, none auto pop and it doesn't even look like progress for any is carried over. I started a new game when I realised. 

I tried a chapter 2 of one of their stories just to see if it would work and was going to restart if it didnt. It shows 37/100 now  when it was 0/100 before so I think it did? I didnt do a single side quest in the demo just in case so I cant comment on that but it looks like it DOES still track the story completion after you do the next one. I might still restart unless someone else has confirmation that it works

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clayms said:

I tried a chapter 2 of one of their stories just to see if it would work and was going to restart if it didnt. It shows 37/100 now  when it was 0/100 before so I think it did? I didnt do a single side quest in the demo just in case so I cant comment on that but it looks like it DOES still track the story completion after you do the next one. I might still restart unless someone else has confirmation that it works

Quite possibly. I restarted just in case, I was only an hour in so I wasn't too worried. 

On 23/02/2023 at 3:54 PM, fermmb190 said:

Secret Boss is the hardest trophy, needed a level 80-90 party but is doable 5/10 for me

Thanks for your feedback :)
And what about time to plat it ? Roughly.

Edit : Sorry just read your answer end of page 1, thanks !

Edited by ArkoDark

1 hour ago, Vanqishd said:

The secret boss / superboss fight for 40-gold.pngGate to the Netherworld (which is required for 40-gold.png Worth the Detour) is quite something. Good luck to whoever attempts to beat it!

Yeah I'm going to wait for some cheese strats or something I've attempted for a couple of hours and failed guess I'm terrible, Hopefully someone comes out with something soon

Is “octopath traveler..?” unobtainable depending on who you choose as your main?

I know there are 4 characters which allow you to recruit town people to follow you, so I understand how to get the trophy, but I can only get 7 people max since my main is Throne, who can’t recruit people, and I can’t take her out of my party.

19 minutes ago, NashtyMouse said:

Is “octopath traveler..?” unobtainable depending on who you choose as your main?

I know there are 4 characters which allow you to recruit town people to follow you, so I understand how to get the trophy, but I can only get 7 people max since my main is Throne, who can’t recruit people, and I can’t take her out of my party.

You must keep your original character in your formation until you defeat their story. Afterwards, you can replace them.

After finishing all stories, you unlock the ability to change formation anywhere without having to go to a tavern.

5 hours ago, UndeadTNT said:

Yeah I'm going to wait for some cheese strats or something I've attempted for a couple of hours and failed guess I'm terrible, Hopefully someone comes out with something soon

To give you some pointers of things that were useful to me:

• Hire Help from the Merchant class is OP. Takes 1+boosts (up to 4 total) shield points away regardless of their weak points.
  • The Cleric divine skill that gives you an extra move at the end of the turn for 3 turns.
  • So, for phase-specific advice now:
    • Phase 1:
      • First boss here has 600k HP.
      • All extremities up until around 50% are weak to Wind (and many others). But keep in mind that hitting it with any spell/weapon that's not a weak point will grand them a counterattack (Eye for an Eye skill).
      • For this reason, you should mainly use two characters: a Dancer (Agnea) to use the AoE wind skill, which also conveniently pushes all enemies to act at the end of the turn next turn (giving you more room to hit weak points and so on), and a Hunter (Ochette) to use mobs with certain weapons/elements/buffs, my most used were the AoE Wind and the Sword that buffs party physical damage + crit for 2 turns.
      • The extremities that are weak to wind will die if you keep hitting them with wind attacks. You don't actually need to kill them, it's a bit RNG. Sometimes I was killing them before even depleting all shield points, sometimes they just wouldn't want to. If they didn't go away, I'd use the Hunter Bow (max Boost) skill that deals AoE damage.
      • The second batch of extremities during Phase 1 are weak to many different things but only have 1 active weakness at a time. Best you can do is use the Merchant skill mentioned earlier, which will take away 4 shield points from every enemy. They spawn with 3-4-5 shield points, so only one would be left alive with 1 hit left. Hit the last weak point and kill them in the same turn with Ochette's AoE bow skill.
      • If you have killed any extremities (but not all of them) the main boss will always regen one when it's their turn. So, two things to learn from this: 1) you must kill the extremities in the same turn (or in two turns before the main boss acts), and 2) you can use this to your advantage to delay boss actions if you don't have enough resources to kill them and make one respawn.
      • My main damage dealer was Ochette with the Warrior sub-class. The divine blade skill was doing around 25k-75k depending on boss debuffs / party buffs, so that paired with the Cleric skill that lets you act twice in a turn, you're looking good.
      • You can buff Ochette's damage with the Provoke monster that I mentioned earlier, with Agnea's support dancer skill, and you can debuff the boss with Merchant Hire Help as well (reduces both physical and elemental defenses).
    • Phase 2:
      • Absolute extreme pain in the ass, but the boss has 250k HP.
      • My key here was having Throne (which has a latent skill that lets her act twice per turn) as Merchant, therefore taking away 7 shield points (4+3) within a single turn with the Hire Help skill + Castti to give constant BP with either concoctions or the divine apothecary skill that applies single-user items to all party (to recover all HP, SP, BP, and maybe latent gauge) to everybody.
      • Having another cleric so that Castti can act twice in a turn is also very important. You'll pretty much have full boost skills every turn.
      • Another character I used here was Osvald, who when using the divine Sholar skill can hit 3 weak points out of every boss with the AoE One True Magic III. You can pretty much break enemies every turn with this combination of characters.
      • If you let the extremities live for more than two turns, you're pretty much a goner. I had maybe 5 attempts where I'd reach phase 2 and the boss would just kill me in 2 turns. You have to act fast.
      • The whole fight will cost you around 200,000-300,000 leaves depending on how much you need. If you need extra damage (and not only weak point damage) it'll be more expensive since you'll need to use the damage-oriented hires.

I copied the build from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a_Afx5Elgw and recorded my attempt as well (takes about half the time for me), so I can upload that if it would help you or anybody else. This person did it at average level 69, but I leveled up more until average level 80 or so.

If you wanna level up more, you will have to use the Alrond strat (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRhso17tmNE) - although I ignored the whole Cait/Octopuff grind, waiting for these spawns and then being lucky enough to get 100x EXP is too much of a wait. I went for regular high-level encounters (if you go on the sea dungeon where you get the wolf superboss, if you get it as a random spawn, you'll get 200,000 EXP with a 100x multiplier, approximately). So, after doing the sidequest "Misha's Next Chapter" in Wellgrove, you can recruit Alrond to your party. It takes 3x Octopath Bowl with Ochette, 160k leaves with Partitio, or level 80 with Temenos to guide him (for free). The thing with Alrond is that when you summon him, he'll give 2 random encounter buffs in the first two turns. These can be 2x/10x/100x multiplier on EXP or JP. You know where this is heading. Recruit him, save at a level 45-50 area, and try 3 encounters. If you don't get 100x EXP, then reload your save. 100x JP once or twice will also be good to maximize inventor support skill Fruits of Labor (you get extra Physical/Elemental defense for each skill of other classes learned). If you get 100x EXP at encounter one, then save again, and reload for the latest 2 encounters. You wanna maximize these first attempts since hiring for 160k leaves is a bit expensive, but get Temenos to 80 first so that you can guide him for free and then farm indefinitely. Around level 75~ or so, you start really getting into these diminishing return waters, since it takes a bunch of EXP to level up and you gain little extra stats, but being over-leveled will always give you better chances. Just make sure that nobody in the Phase 2 party has lower defenses or less than 4,000-4,500 HP else they might just get one-shotted everytime.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vanqishd said:

I copied the build from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a_Afx5Elgw and recorded my attempt as well (takes about half the time for me), so I can upload that if it would help you or anybody else. This person did it at average level 69, but I leveled up more until average level 80 or so.

A video from you would be awesome, everyone is around level 80 for me as well, and if you have in the video the equipment/support skills that would be great also

12 hours ago, Vanqishd said:

It might take longer to process in HD, but it's already uploaded. Hope it helps, but don't fret if it takes several attempts, the fight is lengthy and one bad turn can cost you everything. Keep trying and you'll eventually get it 1f601.png

Great video. Gave me alot of insight. Seems I'm missing some equipment you own. Any suggestions where to find items better than the battle tested etc. Also where did you get the dead wing monster. Thanks! 

15 minutes ago, vividamage123 said:

Great video. Gave me alot of insight. Seems I'm missing some equipment you own. Any suggestions where to find items better than the battle tested etc. Also where did you get the dead wing monster. Thanks! 

I believe the deadwing monster is on the west side of Gravell, where I did most of my EXP farming.

As for the items, I'm not sure. I didn't buy anything form the shops, it's all loot and stolen equipment. I basically stole with Throné from every single NPC while also going for side quests, records, and so on ?

On 2/3/2023 at 11:14 PM, AllaTheGreat00 said:

No missables, I'd just enjoy the story and do all the side content at the end before watching the epilogue

(The epilogue would just end the game and give you a trophy + cutscenes, but you can just load a previous save and continue from that point to clean things up)

Thanks man, this was helpful.

A good guide for the side mission and the records?

Edited by FlareZero

Is there a list that has all map locations? I've been to every area by following the Polygon map but I'm stuck on 97/100. Yes, I've been back to Frigid Isle too.

7 hours ago, FlareZero said:

Thanks man, this was helpful.

A good guide for the side mission and the records?

All Gramophone Record Locations in Octopath Traveler 2 - Gamer Journalist should help with the record locations!

• Like 1

This Google Sheets Spreadsheet also contains tons of useful information.

6 hours ago, GoldenHail said:

Is there a list that has all map locations? I've been to every area by following the Polygon map but I'm stuck on 97/100. Yes, I've been back to Frigid Isle too.

All Gramophone Record Locations in Octopath Traveler 2 - Gamer Journalist should help with the record locations!

rAU4hI8.jpg

This location I marked on the map at sea has a hidden dungeon that is very easy to miss. Hopefully that helps.

Other than that, after visiting all temples for EX skills and all dungeons for Side Quests, I believe you're pretty much done. This dungeon at sea had no side quests, so it was trickier.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GoldenHail said:

9 hours ago, AllaTheGreat00 said:

5 hours ago, Vanqishd said:

This Google Sheets Spreadsheet also contains tons of useful information.

rAU4hI8.jpg

This location I marked on the map at sea has a hidden dungeon that is very easy to miss. Hopefully that helps.

Other than that, after visiting all temples for EX skills and all dungeons for Side Quests, I believe you're pretty much done. This dungeon at sea had no side quests, so it was trickier.

Thanks to all of you!

• Like 2