Warning: your MilkChoco account might get banned for repeat quitting/rejoining

Needles

5 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Dev Company is from Korea called GameParadiso. Did they ask you to enter a phone number?

No, they didn’t ask for a phone number.

Yes, we both got 100%.

We weren’t doing anything unusual. The account ban seemed random. Maybe it had something to do with my friend’s network, or his console, as his alt got banned immediately after his main account.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

All of this part seems incredibly suspicious, but I have a feeling there's a lot of details either you don't have or we aren't going to get so everyone should just take caution and monitor all their actions if they play this game. We're either going to get corroboration with others having the same experience, or the description provided of these events will be an outlier and not typical of everyone else playing the game normally.

I’ve shared everything I have - I’d hate to have been one trophy short in MilkChoco and banned from finishing the game, for no reason. Test the game on an alt and you’ll find the game is a broken mess that should never have been on the PS Store.

Good luck to anyone going for the 100% in this cursed game (although it doesn’t seem like this game is seeing the usual rush of server shutdown chasers).

• Like 2

That's one of the most random and scary things I read regarding playing online, it feels like something else was at play here, I'd never risk my account for a half assed or.... whole assed game, I'm not tech savvy but maybe there's a chance of leaking your data? Idk the whole thing is pretty iffy,  thanks for bringing it to attention.

Edited by Burritoprime
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Needles said:

I was boosting this game with a friend when suddenly he was kicked from the game, and then received the following message:

“Your account is blocked. Your phone iD in the game is [123]”

After this, he couldn’t log in. We have no idea is this is permanent or if there is any way to resolve this issue, and frankly we don’t care to find out. Note that you must play in online mode to earn trophies. I recommend avoiding this game, especially at the asking price, considering the shockingly low quality of the game overall and the risk of an account ban.

Can you please clarify? Is it a ban on PSN or MilkChoco only?

I really doubt a crappy half assed Korean multiplayer game would have any power banning people from PSN due to boosting, so if that's what happened to your friend, it's probably something else.

• Like 1

Guys they were clearly banned from the game

“Your account is blocked. Your phone iD in the game is [123]”

First it says in "the game", Second sony does not block accounts it bans them, thirdly it says phone id which sony does not display when they ban your account (not block it)

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

Banned in game itself. Connection dropped, got kicked to main menu and when you try to login back to online mode, it says account blocked. Game does have idle kick as well as 20 second timer run off if you quit out mid match at half health. Wondering if block has to do with quitting out bunch of times. I’ll try later tonight to see if it lets me back in. 

https://ibb.co/CHg1rjR

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrainExplorer66 said:

I'm 99.999999999% sure the ban only affects MilkChoco.

Yep, that was my first read, but others in the thread were speculating about PSN ban, so I guess a clarification is good.

1 minute ago, Russiandude777 said:

Banned in game itself. Connection dropped, got kicked to main menu and when you try to login back to online mode, it says account blocked. Game does have idle kick as well as 20 second timer run off if you quit out mid match at half health. Wondering if block has to do with quitting out bunch of times. I’ll try later tonight to see if it lets me back in. 

https://ibb.co/CHg1rjR

I see, I guess it's very likely the quits are related to it. Can't think of other metric they could use for an auto ban on a dead game. Unless randoms reported boosting activity. Is this game dead? Were you guys in a lobby by yourselves or something?

2 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Yep, that was my first read, but others in the thread were speculating about PSN ban, so I guess a clarification is good.

I see, I guess it's very likely the quits are related to it. Can't think of other metric they could use for an auto ban on a dead game. Unless randoms reported boosting activity. Is this game dead? Were you guys in a lobby by yourselves or something?

Midway through, some rando showed up and kept ruining games. We waited until they left and resumed boosting. AI is insanely stupid so you can tell right away if someone else joins. 

fyi. You need 3-4 alts(preferably even 5) to do 5 kill streak. Also alts help with winning without anyone killing. The rest takes minutes to do

• Like 1

What's the name of the alt account that got banned? It's just a crazy theory, but what if it was a manual check and they thought the name Russiandude was offensive? That'd explain why two accounts got banned but Needles' didn't. It'd be stupid to the max, but I've heard of crazy bans like that in other places.

Edited by FishOfPain

5 minutes ago, FishOfPain said:

What's the name of the alt account that got banned? It's just a crazy theory, but what if it was a manual check and they thought the name Russiandude was offensive? That'd explain why two accounts got banned but Needles' didn't. It'd be stupid to the max, but I've heard of crazy bans like that in other places.

Interesting theory, but the alt had a totally different name. It must be tied to your IP address or something, how else would an alt booting up on the same network and console get insta-blocked?

Interested to hear if Russiandude can log back into the game at any point. Until we know more I’d advise caution.

And sorry if my post caused a bit of a panic. I should’ve been more clear this is a MilkChoco block/ban, and not a PSN block/ban. It was pretty late for me but I wanted to get a message out as a word of caution. The game doesn’t really communicate what is going on, and everything is broken English at best. Hopefully we’ll learn more soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Needles said:

Interesting theory, but the alt had a totally different name. It must be tied to your IP address or something, how else would an alt booting up on the same network and console get insta-blocked?

Yeah, that rules out that theory at least. Thank goodness, as that would've been really bad.

But yeah, it's probably an IP ban then. Do you have any idea what "phone ID in the game" might even mean? I've never played the game, so I don't know if it makes sense, but from your comment about the broken English, I guess it doesn't?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FishOfPain said:

Yeah, that rules out that theory at least. Thank goodness, as that would've been really bad.

But yeah, it's probably an IP ban then. Do you have any idea what "phone ID in the game" might even mean? I've never played the game, so I don't know if it makes sense, but from your comment about the broken English, I guess it doesn't?

I’m guessing “phone ID” is the way the game tracks users across platforms (mobile, Steam, PS, Switch, etc.).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Russiandude777 said:

Midway through, some rando showed up and kept ruining games. We waited until they left and resumed boosting. AI is insanely stupid so you can tell right away if someone else joins. 

fyi. You need 3-4 alts(preferably even 5) to do 5 kill streak. Also alts help with winning without anyone killing. The rest takes minutes to do

By alts, I assume you're referring to bots? It seems like a pretty piss easy list despite the grammatical errors.

@Russiandude777 is still blocked.

Here is what I think happened: quitting and rejoining the lobby multiple times triggered some kind of automated, permanent block. As long as this block is in place, earning progress towards trophies is not possible.

In a Facebook post, the MilkChoco devs talk about their crackdown on “suspicious MilkChoco accounts”:

“We conducted a thorough investigation and blocked all accounts that were involved in the use of hacking tools.
MilkChoco will keep on blocking hack accounts without mercy.
MilkChoco always reacts strictly to reports of the use of hacking tools. We will always monitor and keep on taking appropriate action when its necessary. 
Please be aware and do not install hack programs out of curiosity.
Additionally, all suspicious MilkChoco accounts are permanently blocked.”

Link: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0hhFSjaCk8qQQ9QEXWozUAy6vLXcRtbiHRkRj2DnZDyiPEbgoHiWKSS11DZFeFh6Dl&id=100275823849362&mibextid=tejx2t

• Like 3