PS4 10.50 firmware. New features

GUDGER666

You can now access your authorized apps in (Settings.)

Authorized apps are third-party apps and services that you’ve linked your account for PlayStation Network to. When using an authorized app, you give permission to share your account data with that app. 

To view and manage your authorized apps, go to (Settings) > (Account Management) < (Authorized Apps) and then scan the QR code with your mobile device. 

Friends that are active on your PlayStation App will now show up as online on your friends list. 

Unicode 15.0 emoji can now be displayed. 

You can see which of the players in your game session are on other platforms for games that support this feature. 

• Like 4

Not sure if it's due to this update, or if it's been a thing for a while and I only just noticed, but physical games I have DLC for, but don't currently have installed, no longer seem to appear in my library. I definitely remember them being there before, even games I simply redeemed a pre-order bonus DLC for would appear there. Searching for them doesn't bring up anything either.

The DLC still shows as purchased when I check the store, and I can download them from there if they're the kind of DLC that can be downloaded. Restoring licenses didn't do anything to bring them back to my library proper either. It still shows DLC fine for my installed games, or digital games I don't currently have downloaded, just not any physical games I don't have installed.

Anyone else experience this?

11 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Not sure if it's due to this update, or if it's been a thing for a while and I only just noticed, but physical games I have DLC for, but don't currently have installed, no longer seem to appear in my library. I definitely remember them being there before, even games I simply redeemed a pre-order bonus DLC for would appear there. Searching for them doesn't bring up anything either.

The DLC still shows as purchased when I check the store, and I can download them from there if they're the kind of DLC that can be downloaded. Restoring licenses didn't do anything to bring them back to my library proper either. It still shows DLC fine for my installed games, or digital games I don't currently have downloaded, just not any physical games I don't have installed.

Anyone else experience this?

That was a problem a few updates back as well but I don't remember what the fix was, though fortunately I don't seem to be affected by it this time.

17 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Since updating my PS4 Pro is extremely slow especially on start up, it will freeze for a few seconds now before starting. 

My base model PS4 also runs like crap now :(. Also, the store is now even more unstable for me than it ever has been and just randomly crashes after 4-5mins :(. There's nothing in this update that was worth going from 10.01 to 10.50 - it's a .5 update at most IMO.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

My base model PS4 also runs like crap now :(. Also, the store is now even more unstable for me than it ever has been and just randomly crashes after 4-5mins :(. There's nothing in this update that was worth going from 10.01 to 10.50 - it's a .5 update at most IMO.

10 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Since updating my PS4 Pro is extremely slow especially on start up, it will freeze for a few seconds now before starting. 

I don't recognize anything different, really. It runs the same as before I updated to the latest system software. :hmm:

Lot of people been reporting problems like games missing from library, disc drive problems along other issues:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/80372327?page=4

So far i got no issues, maybe im lucky cause i replaced the hdd with an ssd 7 days ago

having to do reinstall software from flash drive before i had this update installed 2 days ago?

Im using the Slim model.

Edited by Nelson_

On 09/03/2023 at 4:28 PM, HuntingFever said:

That was a problem a few updates back as well but I don't remember what the fix was, though fortunately I don't seem to be affected by it this time.

I know there was that update back in September I think that caused issues with DLC acting like it wasn't installed for some games if you have an external hard drive. I was affected by that too, but simply disconnecting the HDD and plugging it back in solved it, and I always disconnect my external HDD now before updates just in case.

But with this issue, it's games I don't currently have installed, but that I have DLC for, which aren't appearing in the "library" section of my PS4. I tried installing a physical game I know had DLC just to check, which wasn't appearing in the library at all until I did. It did appear after I installed it, complete with the little DLC icon over it, and I could download my DLC fine, but my library number didn't go up. It's like it isn't even counting DLC at all (unless it's a digital game).

Other than that though, I can't say I've noticed any other issues with my PS4 since the update. It's still performing how I would expect it would.

Edit: The library issues with both PS4 and PS5 seem to be fixed now. :)

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

I guess this is my unlucky day.  I installed the update 2 days ago (Thursday) and have been using my PS4 since.  Played some after the update, then again yesterday, then a fairly long gaming session today.  Went to turn off the PS4 and it lingered on the shut down screen for a few minutes, then crashed.  Now it won't boot back up, saying the PS4 cannot start and it can't access system storage (error ce-34788-0).  It keeps asking me to reinstall the system software from a USB drive.  I tried the safe mode reinstall, which completed, but changed nothing.  The USB one it wants me to do is a full reinitialize, meaning it'll wipe all my data.  Others with this issue on reddit said they tried this, but the issues persisted,  so I haven't tried that yet.  Also, when I tried to rebuild the database from safe mode it popped another error message (SU-41336-7).  I guess my options are wait for 10.51 and try to install it in safe mode, or wipe my hard drive and hope that works.  I'm not liking these options.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else keep having connection issues since updating to 10.50? Since updating I have an unstable gaming connection and am constantly seeing the NW-31247-7 error screen.

Also, it seems that when I try to look at the Authorized Apps section I always get a WV-33898-1 error.

17 minutes ago, StarWolf3000 said:

The only small "issue" I have is that "<User> is online" notifications no longer show the avatar of the user, only the generic "PS symbols" icon.

I noticed that too, I hope this is a bug and not a new "feature". Other than that, the update didn't break anything for me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StarWolf3000 said:

For me, the library shows entries for not-installed physical games I have DLC for in the "Purchased" section.

I've always had that. I just put them in hidden section along with about 400 trials/demos/betas and all the previous games I've played on PS Now/Plus that I no longer have access to due to them leaving. Could be worse, could be as bad as PS3 one ?

On 3/26/2023 at 8:44 AM, StarWolf3000 said:

The only small "issue" I have is that "<User> is online" notifications no longer show the avatar of the user, only the generic "PS symbols" icon.

I have this problem, too, and it also does it for new trophies earned.  

Just as an update to my issue:  I am no longer getting DNS errors.  It magically fixed itself.  Not sure what it was all about.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 3:49 PM, StarWolf3000 said:

Checked my latest trophies' screenshots, and the notifications look the same as before for me.

It is working normally now...  I think my console had a trip to Hogwarts or something when I wasn't looking.

• 3 months later...

10.70 has actually improved my Pros performance a lot! I've never seen it be this responsive, for instance if I turned it on and wanted to select library it would take ages before I could actually select the library, now I can select it instantly. 

They seem to have finally fixed the PS Plus app. It's no longer slow and no longer crashing. Every time I would try view the leaving section it would take multiple attempts due to crashing and be very slow, now it's instant. Main Store seems much better as well. 

1 hour ago, StarWolf3000 said:

I don't know, this might've been just the increased performance after a softboot and rebuilt database (which usually happens automatically after an update). After a coldboot today I can't see any improved performance on my Pro.

Nah this is faster than ever for me, my Pros UI has been slow since the day I bought it brand new. I rebuild my database every 2-3months and it's never increased the performance to anything noticeable. Few people on Reddit also agree the UI is much better. 

Also the main store has been bad for years and the PS Plus App broken since day 1 which are both now better and fixed, rebuilding database doesn't help with that, so they have definitely fixed a few things as well. 

• Like 1