Profile completion image

If you get a platinum, you get a platinum image on your profile:

post-7211-0-39159500-1395311652_thumb.png

If you get 100% overall, you get a V-shaped image on your profile:

post-7211-0-45002900-1395311732_thumb.png

But if you get 100% base game (and not in the DLC), you get nothing on your profile:

post-7211-0-71243900-1395311816_thumb.png

I'm quite fond off all my completions.. but I don't like it when I don't get a V-shaped image because I didn't complete the DLC. I rarely buy the DLC but I do complete the base games 100%, but you can't see it on your profile..

Isn't it possible to do something like this:

Base game 100% - V-shaped image

Overall 100% - Double V-shaped image

Or am I the only the one 'bothered' by this?

:P

• Like 1

Well, the problem is that a game without :platinum: can only be awarded for 100% completion. And DLCs are part of the 100% completion :dunno:

IMO it's games with :platinum: that should get an additional symbol for when you get it to 100% if it has DLCs  :ninja:

If you get a platinum, you get a platinum image on your profile:

attachicon.gifPlatinumImage.png

attachicon.gif100Image.png

But if you get 100% base game (and not in the DLC), you get nothing on your profile:

attachicon.gif100BaseImage.png

I'm quite fond off all my completions.. but I don't like it when I don't get a V-shaped image because I didn't complete the DLC. I rarely buy the DLC but I do complete the base games 100%, but you can't see it on your profile..

Or am I the only the one 'bothered' by this?

:P

The V shape is a tick......

• Like 2

Maybe that column should be made to apply to the base game,  you could change the colour of the progress bar for 100% (make it gold not blue or something).  Then things would be more consistent.

So platinum image for platinum!

100% of base game = green tick

100% of everything = gold progress bar.

Edited by aerosol_grey

This is all speculation BUT:

I assume that as it is coded now, it can be applied to every game since 1) the platinum icon appears when you get the platinum 2) the V tick appears when you have all the trophies of the list and the game has no plat.

Any other method would probably need a personalization for each game because base game 100% is different for most games (games can have a really variable amount of trophy in their base trophy list.

I know what you mean, I only recently bought the Super Stardust Delta DLC and got the 100%. Otherwise it just sits there like a game left uncompleted.

A solution I thought of: Get a tick for the base game but only the full background colour change for recognition of the full 100% on the game.

Tick

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Tic.
For other uses, see Tick (disambiguation).
Tick 220px-Ixodus_ricinus_5x.jpg Castor bean tick, Ixodes ricinus Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Arthropoda Class: Arachnida Subclass: Acari Order: Parasitiformes

Leach, 1815 Suborder: Ixodida Superfamily: Ixodoidea

Leach, 1815 Families

Diversity 18 genera, c. 900 species

Ticks are small arachnids in the order Parasitiformes.[1][2][3] Along with mites, they constitute the subclass Acarina. Ticks are ectoparasites (external parasites), living by hematophagy on the blood of mammals, birds, and sometimes reptiles and amphibians. Ticks are vectors of a number of diseases, including Lyme diseaseQ fever (rare; more commonly transmitted by infected excreta),[4] Colorado tick feverRocky Mountain spotted feverAfrican tick bite fevertularemia, tick-borne relapsing feverbabesiosisehrlichiosisTick paralysis, and tick-borne meningoencephalitis, as well as bovine anaplasmosis.

Yes, thanks, I know. You instead should go look on a dictionary and you'll probably discover that words can have more than 1 meaning.
And stop posting disgusting images in a discussion about something totally different.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tick

5.(AustraliaNew ZealandUK) a mark () made to indicate agreement, correctness or acknowledgement; checkmark

Indicate that you are willing to receive marketing material by putting a tick in the box

• Like 1

Yes, thanks, I know. You instead should go look on a dictionary and you'll probably discover that words can have more than 1 meaning.

And stop posting disgusting images in a discussion about something totally different.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tick

5.(AustraliaNew ZealandUK) a mark () made to indicate agreement, correctness or acknowledgement; checkmark

Indicate that you are willing to receive marketing material by putting a tick in the box

It was a joke - I seriously didn't my post would offend you as much as it did. My apologies! And yes I knew there was multiple meanings for word, but thank you for the information.

Check, lol - I guess tick is the European way to say it? MURICA! 

Anyway, I don't get it, you get a check by a game without a platinum when you complete it (You have not completed Frobisher Says), then you get a platinum image by a game you complete with a platinum and then you get 100% for that game when you complete it, you want more images and indicators over that? lol

Checks only apply to games with no platinum (like small PSN games), they never appear next to games with a platinum trophy.

Platinums obviously only appear next to games with a platinum trophy, when you get the platinum in a game the game is highlighted in blue and has the platinum trophy by it (even if you don't get the DLC), the only thing is that the percentage meter obviously isn't 100% because you haven't completed DLC.

Frobisher Says and The Walking Dead: Season 2 do not have platinum trophies, so they are highlighted in green and have a checkmark when you 100% them.

Edited by BlindMango

Well, the problem is that a game without  :platinum: can only be awarded for 100% completion. And DLCs are part of the 100% completion  :dunno:

IMO it's games with  :platinum: that should get an additional symbol for when you get it to 100% if it has DLCs   :ninja:

They are not in my opinion.. DLC are not part of the base game so.

I know what you mean, I only recently bought the Super Stardust Delta DLC and got the 100%. Otherwise it just sits there like a game left uncompleted.

This is what I mean indeed.

Anyway, I don't get it, you get a check by a game without a platinum when you complete it (You have not completed Frobisher Says), then you get a platinum image by a game you complete with a platinum and then you get 100% for that game when you complete it, you want more images and indicators over that? lol

I have completed Frobisher Says.. Base game: 100% so that means I completed it.

It's only a minor chance..

Platinum without DLC: platinum image.

PSN game (100% base game) without DLC: V-shaped image.

Then it would be consistent, now it's not..

Platinums obviously only appear next to games with a platinum trophy, when you get the platinum in a game the game is highlighted in blue and has the platinum trophy by it (even if you don't get the DLC), the only thing is that the percentage meter obviously isn't 100% because you haven't completed DLC.

As you say: you get the platinum image when you completed the game without all DLC, so you should also get a check/tick/V-shape when you complete PSN base games without DLC.

As you say: you get the platinum image when you completed the game without all DLC, so you should also get a check/tick/V-shape when you complete PSN base games without DLC.

Okay, I get what you mean, if a non-platinum game has DLC but you complete the base game and it has DLC that you haven't done, it's not marked as completed. I suppose I can get that, however non-platinum games can be a large array of different types also, you have a game like The Walking Dead: Season 2 where episode 1 is set up as the base game and the rest of the seasons are a "DLC" category, implying that episode 1 is the base game when actually all 5 epsiodes are the base game. Things like that are probably why it's not like that is my guess.

In a game where there is no plat there is only the "100%" and DLCs are part of the 100%... you like it or not...

It's the same on your Playstation you know...

It's just a suggestion.. no need to get angry. It's not the same on PlayStation: you don't get a check/tick when you completed it 100% so.

;)

Okay, I get what you mean, if a non-platinum game has DLC but you complete the base game and it has DLC that you haven't done, it's not marked as completed. I suppose I can get that, however non-platinum games can be a large array of different types also, you have a game like The Walking Dead: Season 2 where episode 1 is set up as the base game and the rest of the seasons are a "DLC" category, implying that episode 1 is the base game when actually all 5 epsiodes are the base game. Things like that are probably why it's not like that is my guess.

Yeah.. but that is more the exception than the rule.

Completing the base game and all the dlc gives an "S" rating so at the moment the green tick is kind of pointless as it means the same thing. Having the green tick (or platinum) refering just to the base game therefore makes sense.  Yes, episodic games may not work perfectly, but this is just an indicator and the change would make it of more use. (Anyway the walking dead season 2 will eventually get a platinum as happened to season 1)

I was thinking about some special "virtual" trophy for completing base game without platinum (because only some random games have platinum) and this topic made me realise that we already have perfect candidate for this. I'd like to see this implemented.

100%ing the non DLC trophies on a non-plat game shouldn't be awarded with a tick, that would be silly.

100%ing the non DLC trophies on a plat game shouldn't be awarded with a plat, that would be silly.

100%ing the non DLC trophies on a plat game shouldn't be awarded with a plat, that would be silly.

Unless... the game awarded with a plat actually has a plat, while the PSN game has nothing :o

Oh, wait, it's like that already.

Unless... the game awarded with a plat actually has a plat, while the PSN game has nothing :o

Oh, wait, it's like that already.

And so? How "awarding" with "tick" for getting 100% of base game is silly, while awarding with plat for doing exactly the same is not? Edited by vivan
  • Like 1

attachicon.gif100Image.png

V-shaped? Tick?

WTF? I always thought it was a "check" symbol! :giggle:

Or maybe I am wrong all this time....lol.