Butter Pops is still glitched.

ShadowWalsh

I followed PowerPyx's guide where everybody survives (except I killed Emma in the treehouse to save time and skip that tricky shot at the van with her) with auto-aim on and got the trophy at the end.

With auto-aim on, there are two instances where it won't shoot for you. When Jacob is in the bushes in the beginning of Chapter 4 and then in Chapter 5 when it gives you the option to shoot at the roof in the radio room. This is fine as long as you have auto-aim enabled when these encounters happen. If you don't and you don't shoot in these instances, it voids the trophy. 

Some encounters seem they can be skipped entirely (like Emma's by killing her early) but it's not entirely certain which ones can be and you still get the trophy (except Emma's which is confirmed 100%). To be safe, it's best to keep everybody alive, especially Ryan and Laura while being friendly to Travis in Chapter 7 so you can get the Silas encounter at the end. There's also an extra encounter with Kaitlyn at the very end that you can get as well if you choose to wait while the werewolf is coming up the stairs towards you at the start. 

Safest bet is keep everybody alive (except Emma if you want) and make all the right choices to get the best ending, don't skip any encounters along the way, and have auto-aim enabled from beginning to end of your entire playthrough. Trophy should pop if you do this. 

41 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

I followed PowerPyx's guide where everybody survives (except I killed Emma in the treehouse to save time and skip that tricky shot at the van with her) with auto-aim on and got the trophy at the end.

With auto-aim on, there are two instances where it won't shoot for you. When Jacob is in the bushes in the beginning of Chapter 4 and then in Chapter 5 when it gives you the option to shoot at the roof in the radio room. This is fine as long as you have auto-aim enabled when these encounters happen. If you don't and you don't shoot in these instances, it voids the trophy. 

Some encounters seem they can be skipped entirely (like Emma's by killing her early) but it's not entirely certain which ones can be and you still get the trophy (except Emma's which is confirmed 100%). To be safe, it's best to keep everybody alive, especially Ryan and Laura while being friendly to Travis in Chapter 7 so you can get the Silas encounter at the end. There's also an extra encounter with Kaitlyn at the very end that you can get as well if you choose to wait while the werewolf is coming up the stairs towards you at the start. 

Safest bet is keep everybody alive (except Emma if you want) and make all the right choices to get the best ending, don't skip any encounters along the way, and have auto-aim enabled from beginning to end of your entire playthrough. Trophy should pop if you do this. 

Currently doing this choice for choice exactly and will let you know in about 6 hours if it works, thank you for the advice!

Did you definitely have it on “auto”, rather than simply being on? I say that because there are three aim assist settings and it might not be obvious. That was actually how I realised I didn’t get the trophy when I attempted it on my second run. Otherwise I guess it must be an unfortunate glitch, but so far I’ve not heard of anyone else having it on the whole time and not having the trophy pop.

A list of your choices in the combat encounters would also be helpful to know if you can remember.

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

I got the trophy during my infect everyone playthrough. I think that the trophy implies that you can't miss during an encounter not that you have to activate every combat encounter. That means mandatory encounters like the Nick and Jacob shooting competition and the Chapter 5 radio tower raid you can't miss your shots. But the actions for shooting Dylan's hand off and shooting Emma when she run after Abi in Chapter 8 can be entirely skipped with the right choice.

Auto-aim can also be enabled and disabled during the same playthrough as I turned it on as to not shoot Jacob as Ryan in Chapter 4, then disabled it after.

If you want a visual guide you can follow this one, starting from Part 13. Comments at the end of the playthrough say that they did not get it, but ignore them. I followed it and popped the trophy fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A384LFh-J54&list=PLsufSfvIR7wiHfVK1Khly5Nwz0iB8u6AP&index=15

24 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

. I think that the trophy implies that you can't miss during an encounter not that you have to activate every combat encounter.

I can confirm this. Butter Pops was my last trophy and I got it during my infect everyone playthrough with auto-aim on. I know for sure I missed some combat opportunities entirely, such as the bushes, the radio tower roof, and even the final scene with Silas in the woods (which I thought would void it), and the trophy still popped without issue. 

• Like 1

Okay for anyone else struggling with this trophy: Before you start the game, turn auto aim onto the AUTO selection, from there, I followed the guide for keeping everyone alive strictly apart from keeping Emma alive, killed her in chapter 4, otherwise it doesn't shoot Jacob, or the roof and the trophy FINALLY popped after the 3rd run just now. Thank you to everyone for the assistance, I'm not sure why I couldn't get it to unlock earlier but this strat worked, thank you so much it was my last trophy!

3 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Did you definitely have it on “auto”, rather than simply being on? I say that because there are three aim assist settings and it might not be obvious. That was actually how I realised I didn’t get the trophy when I attempted it on my second run. Otherwise I guess it must be an unfortunate glitch, but so far I’ve not heard of anyone else having it on the whole time and not having the trophy pop.

A list of your choices in the combat encounters would also be helpful to know if you can remember.

I was not using autoaim for the playthroughs, and that may have been the issue, as soon as I did no issues, although I never missed in regular modes. Appreciate everyones advice on here!

Edited by ShadowWalsh
  • Like 1

Got this now in my first run. Can confirm that it pop with auto aim.

I did the melon bottle shooting manually (autoaim off), I shoot only the bottles, not the melons. After that I turn the auto aim on automatic.

Edited by Ylareth