how to make Mercenaries easier?

rockstarjazz

10 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i bought the extra content shop unlocked but its frustrating to know the infinite weapons only apply to story not mercenaries.

if i buy the winters expansion pack, does this help make mercenaries easier with the playable characters paid for there?

Yes most definitely it does. With it you get Chris and lady D 

You can easily go through the first set of missions just boulder punching everything and occasionally pulling out the gun for enemies out of reach

And lady D controls the harder second set with her grab attack she's invulnerable during the animation and you can just hold the button down to chain grab kill all in the vicinity it may take a couple of tries to get the optimal path and know where stuff is. But you will likely hit your max required points easily before you hit the final levels of maps with lady D

There is the doll enemy that will give a lot if your required points I suggest using the thing that greatly enhances damage to just 1 shot her before she moves on both characters like for Chris it's his orbital strike I forget what lady D's is but I think it involves a dresser and something else to make it hit harder 

• Like 1

I managed the get all the S ranks I needed with Chris Redfield, but the "Hard" versions were still a huge pain in the ass for me. I will say I was just punching the shit out of everything the entire time, though, haha. 

I was really hoping I could play in third person mode for this but you can't. 

53 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I managed the get all the S ranks I needed with Chris Redfield, but the "Hard" versions were still a huge pain in the ass for me. I will say I was just punching the shit out of everything the entire time, though, haha. 

I was really hoping I could play in third person mode for this but you can't. 

For the hard versions use lady D she grab kills everything I ended up just letting myself die in most maps cause I ended up with more than enough for s rank

• Like 2

I had all the trophies with the exception of "Legendary Cowboy" back in 2021 and decided to revisit it again these past weeks. I got the Winter's Expansion and have to agree it made it substantially easier to get S+ ranks. My technique was as follows: 1) I used Optinooby's videos as a general guideline for how to progress through the levels and keep the combo going 2) Got S Rank on the first four levels and unlocked Chris' ability to automatically refill your ammo after killing with a straight punch 3) Started the levels with maxing Chris' straight punch, getting to the level's first blue orb and making sure I got that reload ammo ability and used the Dragoon to kill everything and straight punch something to dead to refill and keep going.

At the end, I was able to finally get the trophy and platinum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

thanks. i'm practising on pc at the moment before my ps4 disc arrives. my concern with mercenaries also is knowing where enemies spawn. in the first map i got stuck and lost in the village as many paths are blocked by rubbish...

For the most part it's a fairly linear path on each map the castle you can get Abit lost on but honestly in most cases it's more about killing everything less about how long you take unless your taking a very long time cause you only need s rank not sss

Also chains are good and u get a fair amount of time to keep the chain alive overall they aren't as bad as original appear and you can definitely do a few large chains if you do drop them but thankfully most of the maps are small enough to keep things going

• 2 weeks later...

Mercenaries is such a chore, sometimes i feel i can't be bothered going through it all again!

got S-ranks for the first two maps but A-rank on the third after 2 tries now. i use powerpyx video as a guide on where to go and what enemies to expect. but some gaps are so long my combo breaks and the rank goes to pot. and after 30 minutes of completing it only to be given a big fat A i dont feel like wasting any more of my time. and i do feel i have wasted much of my time with Mercenaries. i paid for the extra DLC and it won't let me use Lady D or Heisenberg, only chris.

i'm still on the 'normal' difficulty. does hard difficulty have the same spawn points on the maps as normal?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 2:38 AM, rockstarjazz said:

i'm still on the 'normal' difficulty. does hard difficulty have the same spawn points on the maps as normal?

Yes.

I just finished the Mercenaries mode yesterday and yes, it was a chore. I like how they handled this mode in RE4 remake much more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks for all this info, i was a bit pissed at the dlc when it came out and avoided it because the last bits of mercenaries really pissed me off to the pointi  wasnt having fun and gave up. this gives me a reason to get the dlc and play it and then hopefully get through the mercenaries with the bonus characters. my carpel tunnel in my hands is just awful when playing those harder levelsn in mercenaries 

• Like 1

I tried the DLC characters but ultimately ran into tricky situations that got frustrating. What worked me was going back to Ethan and just watching SSS rank videos and trying to copy them as faithfully as possible, some of the levels took 5-10 tries, but ultimately memorization and muscle memory won. It's a bit hard at first, but at the end I wanted to play even more.

• 2 months later...

I used Chris. If you complete 3 or 4 maps with him on S rank. (easy mode) you can get a perk that will reload your weapon when using his fist to kill an enemy. I used this strategy to complete the harder levels and it was easily doable. Some RNG involved to get the perk but most levels have a blue orb within a couple minutes. Upgrade the dragoon, upgrade the straight punch. Still have to be skilled and know when to use it. Hardest thing about hard mode was staying alive. As getting an "S" rank for the trophy does not require a high number

• 3 months later...

i have been doing this without the DLC and it is a chore. my problem is that i dont get alot of time so getting frustrated that my whole play session is just running the same map unsuccessfully a few times. 

the gold edition is currently cheaper on PSN than just buying the DLC so was thinking of getting it and then selling my disc to a second hand shop. will i be able to continue going for the plat this way?

47 minutes ago, El_Shubi said:

i have been doing this without the DLC and it is a chore. my problem is that i dont get alot of time so getting frustrated that my whole play session is just running the same map unsuccessfully a few times. 

the gold edition is currently cheaper on PSN than just buying the DLC so was thinking of getting it and then selling my disc to a second hand shop. will i be able to continue going for the plat this way?

You could, but you already have practice with Ethan, I'd say you'd be more frustrated with new characters. Just follow a SSS rank guide video to the letter, and even if you make a small mistake, you'll likely get the S. Takes 2-3 tries max this way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fbdbh said:

You could, but you already have practice with Ethan, I'd say you'd be more frustrated with new characters. Just follow a SSS rank guide video to the letter, and even if you make a small mistake, you'll likely get the S. Takes 2-3 tries max this way.

Thanks will give it a bash i have gotten 3 of the required s ranks so far. good to know the gold edition is an option if I really cannot manage. been using the sss guide videos managed to do ss on village and castle and a s on factory

On 1/22/2024 at 10:22 AM, El_Shubi said:

I've been waiting for the DLC to go on sale but this seems like an even better Idea, did you do it? Did it work?

On 1/28/2024 at 11:01 AM, LDN-Legend said:

I've been waiting for the DLC to go on sale but this seems like an even better Idea, did you do it? Did it work?

So I did it, was getting annoyed that I had so little time to play so decided to make things easier on myself with the gold edition. It worked but what I did was I backed up my save to PS cloud deleted the game off my console and then installed the gold edition then downloaded my save.

Chris makes mercenaries easy even the hard stages got an s or Sss most stages on my first try. I have read that the other two characters male it even easier but I didn't need more than Chris to easily get legendary cowboy plus now I have roses campaign 

• Like 1