Troglodiced - Way less grindy way to achieve the trophy

Schuwekat

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

If there's even a slight chance of speeding up this trophy without having to grind out so many stamps, I'll take it.

I did a small research and I found this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/126mj2d/troglodiced_achievement/

Two posts there mention:

"On the bright side, after i got my autoaxe, i carried it around not using it for the most part. I killed maybe 10 trogs with it. Kinda forgot about the achievement but still carried it. Well a month later the achievement popped seemingly all on its own. I had a fixer equipped when it popped. I believe it was tallying trog kills from teammates? Idk. I got the achievement and didn't do much work for it."

and

"I think the game counts kills so long as you've done enough damage to the mob, you don't have to provide the finishing blow. You could buddy up with someone who has an auto-axe and just grind it out in not a long time at all."

We may have something here.

On the bright side, after i got my autoaxe, i carried it around not using it for the most part. I killed maybe 10 trogs with it. Kinda forgot about the achievement but still carried it. Well a month later the achievement popped seemingly all on its own. I had a fixer equipped when it popped. I believe it was tallying trog kills from teammates? Idk. I got the achievement and didn't do much work for 

Edited by ZOLANTON
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

I did a small research and I found this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/126mj2d/troglodiced_achievement/

Two posts there mention:

"On the bright side, after i got my autoaxe, i carried it around not using it for the most part. I killed maybe 10 trogs with it. Kinda forgot about the achievement but still carried it. Well a month later the achievement popped seemingly all on its own. I had a fixer equipped when it popped. I believe it was tallying trog kills from teammates? Idk. I got the achievement and didn't do much work for it."

and

"I think the game counts kills so long as you've done enough damage to the mob, you don't have to provide the finishing blow. You could buddy up with someone who has an auto-axe and just grind it out in not a long time at all."

We may have something here.

On the bright side, after i got my autoaxe, i carried it around not using it for the most part. I killed maybe 10 trogs with it. Kinda forgot about the achievement but still carried it. Well a month later the achievement popped seemingly all on its own. I had a fixer equipped when it popped. I believe it was tallying trog kills from teammates? Idk. I got the achievement and didn't do much work for 

How long do you reckon it would take to boost this trophy using this trick?

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

How long do you reckon it would take to boost this trophy using this trick?

I am going to try it with someone and I will let you know.

If the trick for respawning infinite trogs works with a team of two (killing the trogs, the leader leaving the expedition before reaching a checkpoint and then re-joining the expedition, which will re-spawn all enemies), it can be done in a single day over 2 hours. If you can't do the trick, you can do it in 2-3 days if both you and your partner take turns into being a leader in the expedition.

Again assuming the trick will work. I'll get back to you in a while.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

I am going to try it with someone and I will let you know.

If the trick for respawning infinite trogs works with a team of two (killing the trogs, the leader leaving the expedition before reaching a checkpoint and then re-joining the expedition, which will re-spawn all enemies), it can be done in a single day over 2 hours. If you can't do the trick, you can do it in 2-3 days if both you and your partner take turns into being a leader in the expedition.

Again assuming the trick will work. I'll get back to you in a while.

There's also an infinite Trog spawn in the Ashes expedition if you don't destroy all the Trog nests in the Cathedral Catacombs, since they keep on spawning until the nests are gassed :).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

This is huge if it is real, can someone please test this and check if it works? This will save 3-4 months of grinding.

Sadly I am not able to prove it, but you can check my profile and see that I have achieved the trophy

Nevermind! Just saw your post that it's working. Glad that I could help!

Edited by Schuwekat
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

Ok, it DOES work!! Oh my God, I just got the trophy. Huuuuge thanks to OP for sharing this trick and to @Shadowlord87 for the assistance.

What we did was play From Ashes Expedition. We got unlucky as we didn't get the one for gassing the nests, but still entering the Catacombs had around 18 Trogs. I took their HP down to about 50% and my teammate finished them off with the Axe.

Nice one! Once I've shaken off this Stomach bug, I'm going to boost this trophy so I can then focus on the sole remaining DLC story trophy I need for the 100% :).

• Like 1

This is awesome news!

I'm currently working on the grind as well and at 319 stamps I'm far from there. It also seems that people don't want to play/join on the expeditions either (can't blame them) making it even harder.
It's such an unfair grind for newcomers while those that played during that season only had to reach level 15 for it on the SCORE board.

On top of that my level 100 trophy glitched so I already have to do that a 2nd time as well (game froze at 99.5 during an event, came back at 100.0001 and no trophy) which means my 2nd char has not only to play the wastelanders DLC a 2nd time, but also do that grind again.

And nothing is shared between characters so I can't earn stamps on my 2nd character to use on my main one.

I hope some people on here that were able to get the axe are willing to help us out with this and safe us from the grind.

• Like 3

On 22/04/2023 at 8:29 PM, prednin said:

Now in the public test server, the blueprint of Auto-Axe can be obtained with 500 stamps.

Does it mean the number of stamps needed for the blueprint will be 500 in the next season?

W move from Bethesda if true. That'll mean I just need 400 more rather than 900. Still, I'd rather the stamps were never a thing. Just have it cost 5,000 bullion or something if Bethesda wants it to be a grind to get. 

Edited by AlonMercer
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, AlonMercer said:

Still, I'd rather the stamps were never a thing. Just have it cost 5,000 bullion or something if Bethesda wants it to be a grind to get. 

This^

I'm maxed out on Gold and Caps but have virtually nothing I want to spend them on so dumping the Stamp system all together would be a smart move, though we all know Bethesda aren't the smartest people in the room so they won't do it.

EDIT:

According to this video, other big changes are also coming to the Expeditions in the near future:

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

No idea I'm afraid, because I'm unfamilar how these Public Test Servers work :(.

I've been digging into it a little bit. And this update released on 21 April on the test servers and got the name 'Once in a blue moon'.
According to the wiki it'll release in June alongside the release of season 13.

Public test server info on releases:
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Public_Test_Server

More info on the 'Once in a blue moon' update:
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Once_in_a_Blue_Moon

• Like 3