Trophy Thoughts? On Par To Be Fun!

MikeCheck--

Game looks really fun, but...

1. I don't have PSVR2 (or 1 for that matter) and doubt I'll get it anytime soon
  2. I don't want to dump more than double the standard price to get all the extra courses
  3. the trophy list looks kinda underwhelming.

Unfortunate. Probably won't get it.

Edited by MattPieti

On 5/17/2023 at 8:32 PM, MattPieti said:

Game looks really fun, but...

1. I don't have PSVR2 (or 1 for that matter) and doubt I'll get it anytime soon
  2. I don't want to dump more than double the standard price to get all the extra courses
  3. the trophy list looks kinda underwhelming.

Unfortunate. Probably won't get it.

Not having PSVR2 is a non-starter obviously, but the DLC courses are fantastic, and it more than doubles the amount of content available in the game (8 courses with the base game, and 10 DLC courses, including cross-over courses like Labyrinth and Myst), so it feels really worth the price to me.

This is (IMO) hands-down the best VR game, especially if you have friends that play too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Not having PSVR2 is a non-starter obviously, but the DLC courses are fantastic, and it more than doubles the amount of content available in the game (8 courses with the base game, and 10 DLC courses, including cross-over courses like Labyrinth and Myst), so it feels really worth the price to me.

This is (IMO) hands-down the best VR game, especially if you have friends that play too.

Yeah, they look fun. I'll still consider the full bundle if I somehow end up with PSVR2 at some point or if they make a non-VR version, especially if I see a good sale. Just kind of unfortunate they don't have trophy lists.

3 minutes ago, MattPieti said:

Yeah, they look fun. I'll still consider the full bundle if I somehow end up with PSVR2 at some point or if they make a non-VR version, especially if I see a good sale. Just kind of unfortunate they don't have trophy lists.

The hole in one bundle is very much worth it but isnt required, the game itself is a blast, im pretty sure i played against some ‘Quest’ players in the online multiplayer, a few people seemed like well seasoned players, im glad theres no dlc trophies, the devs did a superb job with all the courses as it is, a few of them are pretty difficult but i think are still doable and personally speaking, i doubt there will be a non vr version of the game, i just dont see it happening, the game is already a few years old at this point, it was only recently ported to ps5 psvr2 a week or so ago

I can play everything without problems in smooth locomotion... But after 30 mins into this game I have an urge to fuckin vomit and I'm dizzy over an hour after already lol I don't know what this is causing that sickness in that game 

On 5/20/2023 at 9:53 AM, M-3llo-W said:

I can play everything without problems in smooth locomotion... But after 30 mins into this game I have an urge to fuckin vomit and I'm dizzy over an hour after already lol I don't know what this is causing that sickness in that game 

I get that from time to time when doing the flying mechanic, it definitely distorts your center of gravity, im clearly on my feet in my living room standing still but my eyes tell my brain im on an edge of a cliff under a rushing waterfall looking for a lost golf ball and i start to get a little dizzy or light headed, your eyes playtricks on your brain with vr

On 5/20/2023 at 8:53 AM, M-3llo-W said:

Some people find that turning up the locomotion speed helps. 

But I don’t use full loco in this game. I find it really convenient to be able to teleport to an exact spot if I need to. And I also use click turning to supplement IRL turning. I think these things, combined with the flying mechanic (5 m/s speed) gives great versatility in movement. I highly recommend trying it. Been playing the game like this for a long time on quest. 

So I've made a trophy guide for the game and have figured out the slightly more involved than usual cloud save backup method that @illuminati1556 mentioned and detailed it in the Tips & Strategies area there, along with lots of other stuff. Here's a link to it!

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/16777-walkabout-mini-golf-trophy-guide

On 4/25/2023 at 6:36 AM, nixus24 said:

I think it's a good list... 

What course do you recommend getting the Birdie Game / Score -18 trophy on?

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 8:34 PM, BlindMango said:

What course do you recommend getting the Birdie Game / Score -18 trophy on?

I did it on Tourist Trap easy. The trick is on 18 you can putt it off of the cliff and get to the hole in one shot and get a 2 on a par… 6 I think? 

But since then I’ve gotten -18 on at least one or two more courses while playing with friends. It’s not too bad. If you play enough, you’ll get it eventually. But if you’re really trying hard to get the platinum asap… I can see getting frustrated. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nixus24 said:

I did it on Tourist Trap easy. The trick is on 18 you can putt it off of the cliff and get to the hole in one shot and get a 2 on a par… 6 I think? 

But since then I’ve gotten -18 on at least one or two more courses while playing with friends. It’s not too bad. If you play enough, you’ll get it eventually. But if you’re really trying hard to get the platinum asap… I can see getting frustrated. 

Thanks! I ended up getting it on Tourist Trap too, however didn't realize you could do that on the last hole, that's a great strategy! Thanks :) 

• 3 months later...
Just now, MrTacoNinja said:

Wow. Unreal. But why doesn't this really surprise me though. Just one of many slimey tactics by Sony, I'll bet, to get people to buy their useless Plus subscriptions.

I heard it's for "security" reason, but I'm also leaning more towards them pushing people to buy ps+ 😂

• 1 month later...