Trophy Thoughts? On Par To Be Fun!

MikeCheck--

What do you all plus my fellow VR pals think? Doesn't seem too bad, like having to get a birdie on every hole, etc. I prefer when games are fun to Platinum and not grindy, and this looks the case! Should be fun, trickiest / hardest ones in my opinion:

Birdie Game (Score -18 or better on any course)

Legend Status (Complete 8 Hard course with Par or better)

Snowman (Finish a hole with 8 stokes) - Surely they mean strokes? Could be tricky

Hope nothing is bugged and the inclusion of counters is nice. 

@KyonKuchiki, @OMG_ThisIsSoEz

• Like 2

Looking forward to this one, it's supposed to be a VR standout.

4 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Counters (for all applicable trophies), platinum's, the help/lightbulb thing... this stuff should be mandatory on all lists at this point lol, how many years into the ps5 are we now at this point 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

... this stuff should be mandatory on all lists at this point lol, how many years into the ps5 are we now at this point 

Yeah, it must not be mandatory because there are PSVR2 games that have been released without them! Isn't it up to the developer to include? Much like the 'activity cards'?

I have this game on the Oculus Quest (Meta Quest 2) it’s my most played game on the platform. You are in for a treat!! This is THE VR mini golf game. The hard courses can be tricky. I’m excited for this release. The game has 8 base courses and almost a dozen dlc courses!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illuminati1556 said:

I thought they said the dlc was going to be part of the purchase on ps5 so it seems weird that there's no trophies for them baked in. There's just the 8 base courses

I think it was just poorly worded, and the intent is actually that all the dlc courses will be available to purchases day one on PS5. There should also be a bundle for dlc, and trust me it’s totally worth it. This game, and all the dlc are incredible value for what they (modestly) charge!

5 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Yeah, it must not be mandatory because there are PSVR2 games that have been released without them! Isn't it up to the developer to include? Much like the 'activity cards'?

I understand giving devs latitude and all, but you add these UI features and improvements to your new system and then half the devs ignore them, it's just a little annoying 

15 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

What do you all plus my fellow VR pals think? Doesn't seem too bad, like having to get a birdie on every hole, etc. I prefer when games are fun to Platinum and not grindy, and this looks the case! Should be fun, trickiest / hardest ones in my opinion:

Birdie Game (Score -18 or better on any course)

Legend Status (Complete 8 Hard course with Par or better)

Snowman (Finish a hole with 8 stokes) - Surely they mean strokes? Could be tricky

@KyonKuchiki, @OMG_ThisIsSoEz

I think it's a good list. The "Status" trophies are definitely a challenge, but when you learn the holes and practice a bit, you'll be fine. You're gonna be trying to do the best you can on the course anyway so if nothing else, these will come in time. 

Birdie game is a great challenge, but not too bad. Fortunately it doesn't have to be done on a hard course. And Snowman will happen naturally. I promise. Stroke out on a par 4 and bingo bango trophy done. I've let them know about the misspell. Good catch.

Walkabout is probably my favorite multiplayer VR game, period. Don't look at this one as a trophy collector. It's going to be one of the most essential multiplayer games in the PSVR2 catalog. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nixus24 said:

Walkabout is probably my favorite multiplayer VR game, period. Don't look at this one as a trophy collector. It's going to be one of the most essential multiplayer games in the PSVR2 catalog. 

You've played this on Quest, Nick? If you aren't too busy with the Gamecats I hope we can play! Going to convince my IRL pals to get this also. 

26 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

You've played this on Quest, Nick? If you aren't too busy with the Gamecats I hope we can play! Going to convince my IRL pals to get this also. 

Yep! Played on Quest. And uhh... another platform ;) . But dude I am absolutely down to play. I can't get enough of it. I'm excited to have it on two headsets so I can finally get my wife to play with me. Even if it means I'm probably going to have to play on the Quest.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nixus24 said:

Yep! Played on Quest. And uhh... another platform ;) . But dude I am absolutely down to play. I can't get enough of it. I'm excited to have it on two headsets so I can finally get my wife to play with me. Even if it means I'm probably going to have to play on the Quest.

Hahah wink wink, yeah dude! Please hit me up! Should be fun and yeah, that's how it goes huh? Spouse gets the better headset just to convince em to play

On 4/25/2023 at 4:52 PM, nixus24 said:

How do you have the Platinum already? The game only comes out on 11 May? ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2023 at 11:04 AM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I understand giving devs latitude and all, but you add these UI features and improvements to your new system and then half the devs ignore them, it's just a little annoying 

I've spoken to the devs for the ps5 version of catan and they explained it's quite difficult to implement trophy tracking, especially compared to xbox. (I asked why xbox got achievement counters and not ps) 

Probably the reason why a lot of ps games have problems with trophies not tracking correctly with counters. 

17 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I was going to grab the complete edition but now I see there are no trophies for the DLC I’m wondering if I should just grab the main game or wait for a sale on the complete edition.

If you only care to get the Platinum and only plan to play solo and not really considering actually playing it more with other people in the future, then it's probably best to just get the base game, get your Platinum and move on I supppose.

However, if you do plan to play it with friends and others online, then there is an option where you don't have to own the extra DLC courses to play the DLC course. As long as one person has the DLC, then anyone who has the base game can join their game and they can play the DLC together, which I think is a nice touch.

Luckily there are no multiplayer related trophies, which is a good thing I suppose.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aro52 said:

Interesting that there's no trophy for finding all the hidden balls. 1f914.png 

Or the foxhunts or the dlc. Still a great game but they could've made us do more with the trophies.

I hope all the dlc gets trophies in the future!

On another note, does anyone know if you need to get under par on the hard courses on all 18 in one go, or can you do the front 9, then the back 9?

I just wanted to say that this game is so much fun, it's for sure the funnest I've had with PSVR2 so far. The devs just did so well with this one, it really is a perfect format for VR and you can really tell they put a lot of care into the game to get it right

I'd say 60% of the trophies are definitely doable pretty quickly, but then it may get tricky from there with getting all the hard courses with par or better. I think just playing the game gets you more experience along with looking at video guides and such. Don't get this game for the trophies though, just get it to play it, it's honestly a ton of fun

• Like 2

On 5/13/2023 at 6:24 AM, illuminati1556 said:

On another note, does anyone know if you need to get under par on the hard courses on all 18 in one go, or can you do the front 9, then the back 9?

Has to be on the full 18 hole course. And these trophies are only for the 8 “Standard” courses. Getting under par on a DLC course doesn’t contribute to the trophy progress. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nixus24 said:

Has to be on the full 18 hole course. And these trophies are only for the 8 “Standard” courses. Getting under par on a DLC course doesn’t contribute to the trophy progress. 

Thanks for the confirmation.

I also have another confirmation for anyone reading this. You can make backup saves if you're really struggling. Though I don't recommend it since it really defeats the entire point of the game and won't help you get better for online play.

On 16/05/2023 at 10:28 PM, Indi-Indoran said:

Is anyone else having issues with course records not saving? Twice ive beaten Tourist Trap/Cherry blossom on Hard only for it to not have saved the next time I open the game.

I dont really want to attempt to beat all 8 hard courses in one sitting! 1f605.png

I’m having similar issues where my settings are not always saved. And sometimes I can’t quit and resume the course I was on, so I have to start over which sucks if I’m having a good run.

In any case, the game is phenomenal and I’m having a great time