Joker's Death trophy

Jiansen

Any strategies, stat boosts, accessories I can use to get 777 easier? This is one of my last trophies and the RNG is driving me crazy! I use auto battle and Setzer only get 77bar which kills my party and doesn't reward the trophy. Any tips and tricks would help. Thanks!

As far as I can tell from reading across various websites, getting 777 legit is incredibly unlikely. Even if you time the reels perfectly, the game is rigged to not let you hit it, something like a 1/32 chance of allowing you to get it.

The best method is to wait until end game, make a party of Setzer, Gogo & Terra, battle the Sprinter/Tumbleweed mobs outside the Dinosaur forest and set up auto battle so that Terra uses Curaga on the whole enemy party while the other two uses slots over and over again (to get Gogo to use slots, go to his Status screen).

This will require a lot of restarting as sometimes the enemies will all die from two strong reels in a row, or you'll get joker's death which wipes your party. I'm two hours into this method and have had joker's death more than 20 times and every other variation of the slots but still no 777. This seems to mirror other people's experiences, it'll come eventually.

Very stupid trophy!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MiguelStein said:

I just did it manually timing the 7's. 

Like... 1,2,3...1,2,3...

Its like a rhythm game, did it in less than an hour.

That's how I did it as well. Took about an hour but it worked. They are in the same place each time, so if you can time the first 2 to get 7's consistently that's half the work done.

It is definitely decided if you can get the 7s before you even lock in the 1st slot, as sometimes you'll be dead on the last 7 and then watch it quickly slither to the next like nothing happened. But if you consistently get the chance you'll have it in no time.

Doing it this way I also didn't get the one that kills your party either, which is 7-7-BAR. So as long as you don't hit bar on that last slot you will be fine.

• Like 3

I just got this trophy and I got it through auto battling.
I had the trophy for level 50 all first so i was easily tanky enough, found something weak, made 3 people defend and then used slots, turned on autobattle
If i die, just reload and set up again, i got it probably between 30-40 deaths from jokers death.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SWWDevereux said:

As far as I can tell from reading across various websites, getting 777 legit is incredibly unlikely. Even if you time the reels perfectly, the game is rigged to not let you hit it, something like a 1/32 chance of allowing you to get it.

The best method is to wait until end game, make a party of Setzer, Gogo & Terra, battle the Sprinter/Tumbleweed mobs outside the Dinosaur forest and set up auto battle so that Terra uses Curaga on the whole enemy party while the other two uses slots over and over again (to get Gogo to use slots, go to his Status screen).

This will require a lot of restarting as sometimes the enemies will all die from two strong reels in a row, or you'll get joker's death which wipes your party. I'm two hours into this method and have had joker's death more than 20 times and every other variation of the slots but still no 777. This seems to mirror other people's experiences, it'll come eventually.

Very stupid trophy!

This trophy is hell. I hate RNG trophies with a passion. After beating Kefka and completing the bestiary trophy, I was ready to give up and leave FFVI forever, but then decidedly why the hell not one more battle! So I reloaded the postgame save and using only Setzer I landed somewhere and got into a random battle. I used an echo screen first and on my second slots roll, using the pause method, I managed to finally hit the third 7! I must've had 30 of those scooting onto diamonds, but that time, it stayed put on a 7. Your info of 1/32 chance of getting the third 7 makes a lot of sense.

Finally got my plat!

• Like 1

OK, I think I found a way to bypass the RNG. I got it on the 5th try.

Start the battle and defend with everyone, with setzer use gamble and it doesn't matter what comes out in the bet.

Put the battle to happen automatically, when Setzer is next to act, stop the automatic battle and activate it again fast, before setzer use gamble.

Of the 5 attempts, 3 my party died and on the fifth I got the trophy.

1° - Defend with your 3 members of party.
2° - Setzer action in Gamble.
3° - Automatic Battle with this settings.
4° - When the 3 party members use the command defend and setzer is the next to act, desable and enable automatic battle before Setzer act.

Edited by xLuffynho
  • Like 4

On 27.4.2023 at 5:40 PM, xLuffynho said:

OK, I think I found a way to bypass the RNG. I got it on the 5th try.

Start the battle and defend with everyone, with setzer use gamble and it doesn't matter what comes out in the bet.

Put the battle to happen automatically, when Setzer is next to act, stop the automatic battle and activate it again fast, before setzer use gamble.

Of the 5 attempts, 3 my party died and on the fifth I got the trophy.

1° - Defend with your 3 members of party.
2° - Setzer action in Gamble.
3° - Automatic Battle with this settings.
4° - When the 3 party members use the command defend and setzer is the next to act, desable and enable automatic battle before Setzer act.

How many Times did you succesfully testet it? I think it was just luck for you. ? 

Edited by KatzenSebi

Got it Yesterday after 30 mins i guess.
After Setzer joined my crew and i gained Control over the Airship i went to the Triangle Island (for the Granada) after that i went to the Village above and tried the Slot a few times incl the Auto Battle. But it's pretty hard with 6 Bombers all the Time, so i flew down to another Island in the South (with the Chimera) and there i tried it 15-20 mins with auto battle and it worked. :D
I died 2 Times to Jokers Death before but then it was a success, i had no Chance when i tried it myself, more than 2times 7 wasnt possible, the last one is to fast for me. ?

I got it through auto battle, I calculated my first 100 tries and I think I was lucky with the right version of Joker's Death since my party survived and the opponent did not.

My calculations: % in chance

Joker's Death (defeats enemies) 1%

Joker's Death (defeats party) 7%

Dive Bomb 7%

Random Summon 9%

Chocobo Stampede 21%

Mysidian Rabbit 27%

Prismatic Flash 28%

I don't know if this helps but keep trying!

• Like 1

I managed to get it in about 20 mins of trying, according to my trophy unlock time. Just basically timing isn't it? Third wheel is much faster but certainly not mad. I thought this was going to take me days from the comments!

My tip is don't do auto battle, just do it yourself and you'll be fine.

On 5/10/2023 at 8:22 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Small FYI: if you kill enemies with Joker Death on the Veldt, but Gau returns during that battle, you won’t get the trophy.

Auto-battle is fine; I got it twice in about 1.5 hours (my party died about 10 times or so).

So make sure I'm reading this right auto battle w slots, can get you the trophy?

I've gotten it 3 times in the last 15m. But each time, my parry died lol. So wasn't sure if it was guaranteed to just end your own run lol

8 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

So make sure I'm reading this right auto battle w slots, can get you the trophy?

I've gotten it 3 times in the last 15m. But each time, my parry died lol. So wasn't sure if it was guaranteed to just end your own run lol

Absolutely. But the battle must end. So, as I said, even if Joker Death kills the enemies on the Veldt, if Gau returns during that battle, it won’t be recognized.

I got it while level maxing in the Dinosaur forest, auto all the way. I hate the slots.

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Absolutely. But the battle must end. So, as I said, even if Joker Death kills the enemies on the Veldt, if Gau returns during that battle, it won’t be recognized.

I got it while level maxing in the Dinosaur forest, auto all the way. I hate the slots.

Slots get too fast for me after 2nd 7. So good to know.

I'm farming grenades ATM for that sweet sweet Map.

Just got 2 more jokers on my own party lol.

Guess it's just luck of the slots.

On 5/13/2023 at 10:26 PM, squaresoft4ever7 said:

I'm just glad it's not like the one in the old mobile version where you need every variation(including jokers death on party that requires precise timing with Jump because you NEED to survive)

I didn't think of trying to spam jump, and hope JD hits well character is off screen. 

Think that works on this version?

On 5/14/2023 at 0:26 AM, squaresoft4ever7 said:

I'm just glad it's not like the one in the old mobile version where you need every variation(including jokers death on party that requires precise timing with Jump because you NEED to survive)

Really?!? Sounds excessive, but kind of cool, too.

• Like 1

Ya know, I was about to give up after two hours until it happened. 

For me I did both tactics

Autobattle.

Pause slots. 

I just had celes (just to be safe) and Setzer.

She would always defend and the first use of slots I would attempt the pause method. Then if failed (which always seemed to happen) I would just autobattle until the slots killed me. I don't know if it matters but I did quick save after every battle.

Upon reloading you have to input the commands again to auto battle, so the first time I always tried the pause method. 

And well, I've read comments across the internet saying that autobattle works. But it finally hit for me using the pause method. Literally 2 battles before I was going to give up.

Perhaps it wouldn't have taken 2 hours if I stuck to the pause method. But it just seemed too tedious and kind of a slog. Looks can be deceiving I suppose. 

Also, I was fighting the enemies on the map on that small island with Doma Castle I believe it's called. As they would survive more than 2 prismatic blasts. 

Anyways. This is just one of those RNG trophies that seem like will never happen, but always seem to pop when on the brink of giving up.